V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Apr 1, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #151 of 1,668
"Unfortunately we don't have that information available." was the support team's response regarding codecs on the CF2W.

I'd buy them and try but they'd be going right back if they don't support AAC.

This is crazy!

I was waiting for your update to buy (long shipment time for me) — guess I'll wait longer now.

This is absolutely unacceptable on V-MODA part... Any lack of updates here plus no info on the very basics.

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #152 of 1,668
 Another review by the Sound Guys just got uploaded on YouTube

Their review was overall positive and the rose gold looks great, but judging from the video they don't sound that great over Bluetooth with an iPhone and the scores on their web-site are less spectacular than I expected. They gave the Zik 3.0 a higher score on sound quality as well as the Momentum Wireless.

http://www.soundguys.com/v-moda-crossfade-2-wireless-review-11777/

I give Val major props for building V-MODA on his own and congratulate V-MODA on the Roland acquisition as I really respect the CEO for what he's accomplished and how well he's done getting to that point but if I'm being brutally honest and not speaking as a fanboy I've been underwhelmed with V-MODA's products lately -- 4+ month wait on Forza Wireless and assumedly no AAC support on CF2W.

That being said I'd still like to try CF2W for myself to see how it stacks up against the Momentum 2.0 (which I bought after Forza Wireless was delayed but mainly because they were on sale) which admittedly has strong bass and crystal clear mids -- its main downfall is the lack of AAC support which the CF2W may also share :frowning2:. If the CF2W do sound better than the Momentum 2.0 (ironically enough I picked the M-100 over the original Momentum after a lot of deliberation) and have AAC support which I sound like a broken record saying, aha, I'd gladly sell the Momentum.

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:17 AM Post #154 of 1,668
I really want these cans but AAC from iOS devices is a must for me. Until it's confirmed, I'm not taking any chances.

I really don't get why they'd take a step back after the CEO wrote about CFW V1's AAC support in detail. Doesn't make any sense as a cost-saving measure (on a $330 pair of headphones), so the only thing that does make sense is the chip they decided on doesn't support it. 

Apr 1, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #155 of 1,668
I really don't get why they'd take a step back after the CEO wrote about CFW V1's AAC support in detail. Doesn't make any sense as a cost-saving measure (on a $330 pair of headphones), so the only thing that does make sense is the chip they decided on doesn't support it. 

Basically what I was thinking as well.

My biggest question right now is if iOS devices transcode stuff like Spotify to AAC or if there's another way for he CF2W to get similar AAC/AptX Style performance out of the iPhone. I subscribe to both Spotify and Google Play but don't know if there will be sound problems because I'm not using Apple Music, which is native AAC

Apr 1, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #156 of 1,668

My biggest question right now is if iOS devices transcode stuff like Spotify to AAC or if there's another way for he CF2W to get similar AAC/AptX Style performance out of the iPhone. I subscribe to both Spotify and Google Play but don't know if there will be sound problems because I'm not using Apple Music, which is native AAC

There should not be any problems with iOS if CfW2 supports AAC, as did the previous version. Apple Music may sound better because of supposedly no transcoding going on, but Spotify sounds just fine — at lease noticeably better compared to SBC. I won't be switching streaming music service provider just because of a codec; if sound quality is that important, it's better to run headphones off a wire (not to mention V-MODA does not do audiophile headphones exactly; they are the best utility ones).

Apr 1, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #157 of 1,668

I'm pretty sure iOS transcodes all audio to AAC, but Apple Music should sound flawless with AAC+.

Apr 1, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #158 of 1,668

I really don't get why V-moda's support people can't (or won't) answer that simple question.

Apr 1, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #161 of 1,668
Anyone receive these yet? Still waiting for my order from Amazon to ship.

There are some reviews on YouTube but I think V-Moda gave them to those people weeks ago. Mine has been waiting for shipment for three days now. They didn't say it, but I think they're waiting for my custom shields to go from the artist's location to where V-MODA ships headphones from in California.

Apr 2, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #162 of 1,668
Anyone receive these yet? Still waiting for my order from Amazon to ship.

I don't think any shipments went out yet. My packet is still waiting for USPS to pick it up.Some reviewers obviously got pre-series samples so that they could write their articles in time for the launch.

Apr 2, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #163 of 1,668
First review is up:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/headphone-reviews/v-moda-crossfade-ii-wireless-review/#/2

And another:

http://djbooth.net/dj-equipment/review/v-moda-crossfade-ii-wireless-bluetooth-dj-headphone-review-video
Sorry if you already spoke on this as I haven't read through the entire thread. I like you am very interested in upgrading from my M100 to these. The only possible issue giving me pause is something we have in common. That is use of a dual input cable for increased audio clarity. I could definitely tell the difference on my M100. Granted if these sound better with one jack than the m100 with 2, then it's a mute point. Any thoughts

Apr 2, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #164 of 1,668
Sorry if you already spoke on this as I haven't read through the entire thread. I like you am very interested in upgrading from my M100 to these. The only possible issue giving me pause is something we have in common. That is use of a dual input cable for increased audio clarity. I could definitely tell the difference on my M100. Granted if these sound better with one jack than the m100 with 2, then it's a mute point. Any thoughts

Maybe hang on to your M100's too? I was thinking the same thing, but I knew no matter how good the CFW2 sound, Id regret getting rid of my M100's that Ive had for so long

Users who are viewing this thread

Back