V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Mar 28, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #19 of 1,668
I'm curious as to how much better the pads are on these and if they're going to be available to purchase seperately like the XL pads are.

I had the M100, loved the sound but I could not get them to be comfortable on my head, even with the XL pads. The XL pads were good at first, but within days they deflated enough for the drivers to push against my ears, much like they did with the original pads. 

Mar 28, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #21 of 1,668
Have the Crossfade Wireless, really happy with them. However I'm wondering if there is any difference in the sound quality that would make worth the upgrade.

Watch the video.

Mar 28, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #22 of 1,668
i really wish it has great mids that sound natural as getting mids to sound right in closed headphones is kinda a challenge 

Mar 28, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #23 of 1,668
Hope it is not bass light compared to previous crossfade and M100 for the sake of being audiophile friendly. 

Mar 28, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #24 of 1,668
Watch the video.

Already watched it however it didn't really answer my questions :)
It's all about trying these by yourself I guess.

They look gorgeous, V-Moda should add that new feature to every models and not only rose gold. :)
What if someone is ready to pay the extra 20$ but hates that color?

V-Moda should definitely make an upgrade offer / discount for people that already got the Crossfade Wireless or M100
Not going to spend 350 each year + 100 $ of customs fee in my country :frowning2:

Mar 28, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #25 of 1,668
What I got it of it was:

-Retuned drivers
-New driver material and manufacturing process(I think made in Japan? Not sure.)
-Most neutral (audiophile) tuning of ANY V-MODA headphone
-High Res certified by the Japan Society which means it can reach 40,000hz(M-100 and CFW go to 30,000)

To date, the most neutral V-MODA I've listened to is the Forza, so if Jude was comparing the CFW2 against the Forza also, it might not sound the way most will expect.

Mar 28, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #27 of 1,668
  Are they gonna update the m100? I'm really not interested in a wireless model and it would be an insta buy for the m100 (my m100 have lasted wayy past their due).

If you listened to the interview, it really seems as though Val created the CFIIW to be their update.  They created the headphone to be used w/ a cable and just included wireless for convenience.  

Mar 28, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #28 of 1,668
  Aside from adding aptX to the rose gold model, has the Bluetooth been improved?  I have the Crossfade Wireless headphones and they skip with my Moto Z Force phone when walking down the street and next to a college campus.  I assume it has to do with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi interfering but I have to take my phone out of my pocket to stop the skipping.  The Beats Solo3 headphones I have do not experience skipping.  If the Bluetooth has been improved and provides a solid connection, I definitely would be interested in trading in my current Crossfade Wireless for the rose gold Crossfade 2.

you also posted this on cnet didn't you? :) If not the only comment on their post is the exact same.

Mar 28, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #29 of 1,668
valkolton
Is there an updated Immortal Life Warranty trade in for the CFW2? I think I finally found a replacement to my 5 year old M-100.

Mar 28, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #30 of 1,668
  I'm curious as to how much better the pads are on these and if they're going to be available to purchase seperately like the XL pads are.

I had the M100, loved the sound but I could not get them to be comfortable on my head, even with the XL pads. The XL pads were good at first, but within days they deflated enough for the drivers to push against my ears, much like they did with the original pads. 

I seen quotes they are like "Large" in comparison to the stock and the XL pads.. smaller than XL but mucho improvement on stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back