V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Mar 28, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #31 of 1,668
Why does aptx only come with the rose gold version? It's a colour match to an iPhone, but iPhones do not support aptx. I think for the price, aptx should be a standard across all the models.

Mar 28, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #32 of 1,668
Why does aptx only come with the rose gold version? It's a colour match to an iPhone, but iPhones do not support aptx. I think for the price, aptx should be a standard across all the models.

If there are no hardware differences between the Rose Gold and the Black/White, just firmware, maybe someone with coding skill can "jailbreak" the less rosy brethren. Although the Rose Gold is the model I want most.

Mar 28, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #34 of 1,668
  I am amped about the release, I'll be on the forums now more so please if you have any questions let me know!

I know you will love these, we put a lot of hard work on improving every detail!

I also have some news on aptX - did you know MacOS supports it???!  I post the screenshot below... just hold "OPTION" on your keyboard and then click your Bluetooth icon in the system menu bar.  It'll show the codex!!!  It works great with Tidal and lossless files/services.

More and more new Qualcomm based phones should support it - it'll be interesting to A/B test with more people's feedback.

More about it here 
V-MODA.com/APTX

mac-os-example2.jpg

I'm sure everyone here agrees that the matte black colorway should have aptx on them. What's behind the idea of having this feature exclusively to the gold color? Please make it available to the matte black unit so everyone can buy it. I'm not buying a gold headset I won't feel good wearing around, probably most people here will agree on that. You still have 2 days to fix this before launch. Increase the price 20 bucks as well, as everyone would be paying that extra small amount anyways.

thanks for reading me. Wireless 1 user here. I'll buy the 2 right away after you include aptx on the matte black unit. 100% sure. 

cheers!

Mar 28, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #35 of 1,668
  damn apt x only with the rose gold and its 350usd...I would have upgraded but the the color is a deal breaker. I guess i'll stick to my gen 1 crossfade wireless.

I agree. Come on Val put the aptx codec in the matte black colorway, the way it is now feels wrong... I will buy it instantly if the black one has aptx, and I will never buy the gold version, obviously, as I don't want everyone looking at me when I'm out walking on the street. Sorry for being so direct, but I love your products, I own the Wireless 1 and was waiting to see a second version with aptx very soon, but not gold!!

anyways, thanks for reading this, I hope you change your mind. Price is not an issue (for me at least).

Mar 28, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #36 of 1,668

I agree. Come on Val put the aptx codec in the matte black colorway, the way it is now feels wrong... I will buy it instantly if the black one has aptx, and I will never buy the gold version, obviously, as I don't want everyone looking at me when I'm out walking on the street. Sorry for being so direct, but I love your products, I own the Wireless 1 and was waiting to see a second version with aptx very soon, but not gold!!

anyways, thanks for reading this, I hope you change your mind. Price is not an issue (for me at least).

It is also kind of a slap in the face that there's a 20 dollar increase for aptx considering when the originals came out there was such a defense for leaving aptx out and the  "possibility" of updating it through firmware. I believe there was all this talk about the pipeline of 320kbps and how other codecs were the bees knees. Now a year later and apt x is the premium.
blink.gif

Mar 28, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #37 of 1,668
Rather yet Aptx HD, at this point in time that should have been the standard codec for a new BT HP.

Mar 28, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #38 of 1,668
I like everything I hear, however it looks like the headband doesn't open any larger. All V-Moda headphones are just too small for my head, they just can't reach down far enough to fully cover my ears and fit comfortably. Otherwise this is one I would definitely consider. The sad thing is that headphones and open larger can still accommodate small heads, however, the opposite is not true. The manufactures hurt themselves by making them open so small, they will exclude those of us with a 2 XL hat size. We do exist.

Mar 28, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #39 of 1,668
We need to talk about wired and analog mode!  Remember, Crossfade 2 is our best ANALOG WIRED headphone... My idea is that it just features Bluetooth for convenience for the iPhone 7 when on the go, but primarily it is a high end headphone and can be used for audiophiles with amps/dacs and musicians and even gaming etc. in wired mode...

The new driver is amazing and very different. The new CCAW coil is very fast, durable and made in Japan - it has an "airy" and sparkle that is quite unique. It wants to be reference and high resolution vs the normal M-100/Crossfade Wireless driver, so I had to tune it a LOT to still have bass!  It took me 100+ cushions and many variations of other components to get it just right. The XL cushions from M-100/Crossfade fit, but from what we have tested in little time, it may have less bass than normal - haha. I would love to hear your results, we haven't had much time!  

So lets talk about hi-res and this unique sound!  

Remember we have the immortal life program for older V-MODA headphones to get 50% off and also a 60-day test drive guarantee.  Nothing to lose, all to gain!

index.php

Mar 28, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #41 of 1,668
There is one important question for Apple users I've seen asked a few times in this thread that hasn't been addressed:

Does the Crossfade 2 Wireless support the AAC codec? (Forza as well?) I get that it's an excellent wired headphone (M-100 sounds excellent with lossless, I can only imagine how CF2W sounds with Tidal Masters) and the wireless functionality is a bonus, but compression is too noticeable over SBC -- I even prefer AAC to aptX on a Mac personally. I'm assuming so since CFW supported AAC/AAC+. It'd make a lot of people happy to hear the full Bluetooth specs.

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #44 of 1,668
Remember we have the immortal life program for older V-MODA headphones to get 50% off and also a 60-day test drive guarantee.  Nothing to lose, all to gain!

Didn't know that, really interesting thanks for letting me know. I might buy them then to replace my CFW1 and hope the investment is worth it!

One last thing, like a lot of people here, I think you should put that extra feature on every models.
Sorry to say that but it's a really bad marketing decision that might prevent a few people from buying it.

I always took white models and I think I would once again take the white ones.
I'm sure everyone deserves to get the features they want + the colors they want. Totally normal isn't it?
If a consumer can't get what he wants with 330$, he simply won't buy the product.

You should definitely fix that before it's too late to come back to that decision.
Not used to see V-Moda make such bad decisions. It's so obvious tho.

Thanks for your time Val, really nice from you to be here with us!

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #45 of 1,668
iPhone outputs all BT audio via AAC variable bitrate, which is a wonderfully musical compression algorithm. It's arguably the best measured between other 320bit "hi res" compression.

If the Crossfade2 wireless support AAC, which I bet they do, the whole AptX thing is not worth any concern; if you're primarily on iOS devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back