USB Host for Nexus One in development
Jun 10, 2010 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Failed Engineer

500+ Head-Fier
Found this link on another forum I visit:

http://sven.killig.de/android/N1/2.2/usb_host/

Hopefully this will allow the use of USB DACs, and be usable on all types of android devices.

Aug 15, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #2 of 8
USB Host is also working on the HTC Desire (basically the same as the N1) and has already been used to connect USB Speakers and was working, so will have no probs with a USB DAC.  Plan on trying to get it to work later in the week, then maybe ordering the Fiio E7 USB DAC/AMP.

Aug 15, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #3 of 8
That's good to learn.  Please post when you try to get this running with a USB DAC.  I'm still debating on a new mobile device and a working solution will definitely lead me to purchase the desire or N1.

Aug 16, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #4 of 8
question is would it be viable on my cyanogenned G1 (HTC Dream) If so.... I cant wait to get software modding on my phone :wink:  Regardless this makes android  better than iphones for music since with this you can use an external dac, then again just about anything sounds better than my G1......  (very lo-fi sound comes out of its dac I mean noticeably lo-fi).

Oct 9, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #7 of 8
Strangely the desire for this to be built into cyanogenmod kernals is very luke warm from what I can see, so unless anyone knows different it has not been built in.  There are threads at xda-developers.org on getting this working yourself though the instructions are based on older versions of AOSP (basically what cyanogenmod is based on).

Oh the reason I haven't done this myself is that just after my first post I started by teacher training and I don't have the time, plus I need my phone to be as stable and reliable as possible so messing around with it is a bit risky (it is my alarm clock and well as organiser, without it I would probably be lost).

Oct 9, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
*Subscribed

If it allows the use of usb dacs then I will definitely get an android phone over the iphone 4.

Well the Ipad has this working with an adapter made by the people who make the Fifo E7 (this means that it has a form of usb host) so potentially someone might get this to work on an iphone, though you will most likely have to pay for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back