USB DAC for PC (Win 10) + Bluetooth w/ LDAC transmitter
Mar 21, 2020 at 2:28 AM Post #76 of 168
So, finally I've got the biggest Bluetooth dongle-ever!
For bloody LDAC sake!
Moreover, I forced to mate them :3
All goes almost as I wanted, except for one thing: I have no freaking idea, what exact BT-protocol are they enjoying themselves.

Sure, there are a lot of nuances to be discovered and fine tuning to be made.
But for a first impression: Moebius finally sounding OK.

You someone wants, I may take a photo of this system, but a bit later.
Right now my system is looks like a snakes wedding.

10 minutes later...

Oh, wait, I am not a complete retard!
For a reason unknown , among the tons of wastepaper, Sony provides it's products, there were not a single line about BT options.
Still, there is simple and elegant solution, available on their own site: https://helpguide.sony.net/ha/strdn108/v1/en/contents/TP0001221203.html

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2020 at 5:49 AM Post #77 of 168
The DX7 Pro is also a BT reciever only. It supports nor BT transmission not beeing switched in row with the Spatial Sound Card (I use for room simulation).
So I will send it back if it would be possible somtimes, when parcels to CHina are accepted.:wink:

Did anybody notic the UAT BT codec supporting 192 kHz?

Last edited:
May 1, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #78 of 168
I have an issue similar to the one discussed here.
I would like to listen my hi-res digital music (FLAC) with my Technics FB50BN headphones using LDAC codec via BT.
I was thinking to buy a cheap tablet with Android Oreo or newer.
Does anybody can confirm me that Android tablets can stream with LDAC codec just like Android smartphones?
Regards

Roberto

Last edited:
May 1, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #79 of 168
I have a issue problem to the one discussed here.
I would like to listen my hi-res digital music (FLAC) with my Technics FB50BN headphones using LDAC codec via BT.
I was thinking to buy a cheap tablet with Android Oreo or newer.
Does anybody can confirm me that Android tablets can stream with LDAC codec just like Android smartphones?
Regards

Roberto
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/post-15550553
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/post-15552862

May 1, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #80 of 168
I was asking the same question as you can see.
I don't think the newer tablets support ldac (or AptX HD?).
Especially tablet from 2019-20 are often just supporting SBC :frowning2: (Both the Samsung S6, Huawei and Lenovo ones)

May 1, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #82 of 168
Thank you BigZ12.
Nice to know that Tab-A 10.1 fits.
I thought it would have been enough to run Oreo versior of Android to ensure the possibility to have Hi-Res BT codec.
I wonder why this is true for many of the smartphones with Android 8 or newer...
Regards

Roberto

May 2, 2020 at 1:29 AM Post #83 of 168
I thought it would have been enough to run Oreo versior of Android to ensure the possibility to have Hi-Res BT codec.
Hi-res codec support is available in Android, but the manufacturer ultimately chooses which codecs to include in each device. They may exclude some codecs for hardware, licensing, or other reasons.

May 2, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #84 of 168
Hi-res codec support is available in Android, but the manufacturer ultimately chooses which codecs to include in each device. They may exclude some codecs for hardware, licensing, or other reasons.
Pretty much all Android devices using Android 9 or 10 support LDAC out of the box. My Pixel phones all do and my Pixel C (Android 9) does as well.

May 2, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #85 of 168
Pretty much all Android devices using Android 9 or 10 support LDAC out of the box. My Pixel phones all do and my Pixel C (Android 9) does as well.
This could be the result of the Sony decision to use Android on TV sets.
The counterpart could be the possibility to use LDAC codec from Android users (and specifically Google products?)
Concerning aptX maybe an agreement between Qualcomm and manufacturer is needed...
I wonder which tablets support LDAC out of the box in the budget range.
Regards

May 2, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #86 of 168
My Shield Android TV also supports LDAC. Generally if a device has Bluetooth 4.0 and is Android 9 and above will support LDAC. Many budget tablets don't have Android 9.

May 3, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #87 of 168
MeanwhileI found this interesting site:
https://bluetoothcheck.com/
Nearly all devices and accessories are listed.
I have seen that many new devices (Android 8.0 or later) have the possibility to manage different codecs but often some are missing.
The capability of managing Hi-Res codecs seems more a characterisc of smartphones rather than tablets.
Moreover it does not depends on the cost; several high end devices are limited and some very cheap ones can establish connections with pretty all codecs.
Regards.

May 3, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #88 of 168
MeanwhileI found this interesting site:
https://bluetoothcheck.com/
Nearly all devices and accessories are listed.
I have seen that many new devices (Android 8.0 or later) have the possibility to manage different codecs but often some are missing.
The capability of managing Hi-Res codecs seems more a characterisc of smartphones rather than tablets.
Moreover it does not depends on the cost; several high end devices are limited and some very cheap ones can establish connections with pretty all codecs.
Regards.
That site must be outdated. Latest device with LDAC is from 2018.
Ref what mikp says here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/post-15550844

May 7, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #89 of 168
Any device (and I mean all devices) with Android Oreo (8) or above are officially support LDAC codec, even old phones which released before Android 8 and recently updated its software to Oreo will have LDAC support, SONY has certified LDAC for free to the android OS to make money from paid certifications of LDAC to headphones, speakers, Bluetooth receivers manufacturers who will be forced to pay or SONY will be the only manufacture of LDAC supported headphones and speakers, that's smart.

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #90 of 168
Any device (and I mean all devices) with Android Oreo (8) or above are officially support LDAC codec
That is not true. The only codec required on Android devices is SBC. Android 8 and above have support for other codecs (aptX, AAC, aptX HD, LDAC), but they are optional and each manufacturer decides which codecs to include on each device. Samsung does not include aptX HD on any of their products, and as mentioned earlier, some newer tablets from several manufacturers only support SBC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back