USB DAC for PC (Win 10) + Bluetooth w/ LDAC transmitter
Nov 15, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #50 of 168
FYI: I got the Avantree DG60 yesterday. My initial impression is (edit: compared to the Reiyin); quicker connection, much better range and I also think the sound is noticable better. More open and detailed sound, with punchier bass as well. Still 16bit/48khz though, I'm afraid.
https://avantree.com/dg60-bluetooth-usb-audio-transmitter

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #51 of 168
FYI: I got the Avantree DG60 yesterday. My initial impression is (edit: compared to the Reiyin); quicker connection, much better range and I also think the sound is noticable better. More open and detailed sound, with punchier bass as well. Still 16bit/48khz though, I'm afraid.
https://avantree.com/dg60-bluetooth-usb-audio-transmitter
I just noted this item some days before.
I believe that the only difference is the better range because of the bigger antenna. In all other cases the wish must be the father of the impression, excepted they used a completely different (much better) Aptx-HD encoding algorithm.

Any informations about the applied chips and their description are welcome.

Nov 29, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #52 of 168
I found an interesting device on Ali that could potentially match all needs.

New version ES9038 Decoder Xmos CSR8675 Bluetooth 5.0 APTX HD LDAC With case For hifi amplifier audio T1047

uab-ldac_aptxhd_front9wjj8.jpg

uab-ldac_aptxhd_front6tj09.jpg

uab-ldac_aptxhd_sideqrj0m.jpg

uab-ldac_aptxhd_backrfk4j.jpg

uab-ldac_aptxhd_versi9lkfm.jpg

USB XMOS version, USB ARM + CPLD version, No USB version

uab-ldac_aptxhd_boardlvj99.jpg

ES9038Q2M | Nichicon | APD191 | transmit power
transmit decoding chip | transmit tooth capacity | transmit low noise LDO | isolated power module
发 could mean: hair, issue, issuance, firing, shooting, outgiving, twinge, fit, send, issue, release, emit, transmit, convey, send out, forward, fire

uab-ldac_aptxhd_boardkbjb5.jpg

Monitoring tooth 5.0 HD pass-through BU38 is equipped with CSR8675 Bluetooth chip,
supporting LDAC / aptxX HD / aptX / AAC / SBC and other audio encoding,
high-quality digital audio is connected to ES9038Q2M through Bluetooth 5.0 CSR8675 and output,
achieving 96Khz / 24Bit decoding far more than CD sound quality.

uab-ldac_aptxhd_boardu8kaw.jpg

100Mhz Low Phase Noise Vibration
ES9038Q2M chip is particularly sensitive to clock phase noise, low phase noise clock signal
Very important for audio signal restoration

uab-ldac_aptxhd_boardink22.jpg

Operational amplifier dual-voltage power supply Operational amplifier 7 of BU38 uses standard dual 15 volt voltage power supply to eliminate the negative impact of the use of direct, insulation under the power supply sacrifice on the sound of the two original sources, he sound is transparent and natural, not harsh, three balanced, and the use of only Ling op amp seat, convenient for players to change the op amp of different sound styles

I contacted the seller but didn't get any response yet.

I don't know if this is a transmitter.
I have no glue how the connection between the USB-DAC and BT is made.
I'd like to know if additional USB power is needed when connected by USB.
I'd like to know how the output type can be switched.

Any opinions?

(OCR and translation without warranty)

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #53 of 168
I found an interesting device on Ali that could potentially match all needs.

New version ES9038 Decoder Xmos CSR8675 Bluetooth 5.0 APTX HD LDAC With case For hifi amplifier audio T1047

uab-ldac_aptxhd_front9wjj8.jpg

uab-ldac_aptxhd_front6tj09.jpg

uab-ldac_aptxhd_sideqrj0m.jpg

uab-ldac_aptxhd_backrfk4j.jpg

uab-ldac_aptxhd_versi9lkfm.jpg

USB XMOS version, USB ARM + CPLD version, No USB version

uab-ldac_aptxhd_boardlvj99.jpg

ES9038Q2M | Nichicon | APD191 | transmit power
transmit decoding chip | transmit tooth capacity | transmit low noise LDO | isolated power module

uab-ldac_aptxhd_boardkbjb5.jpg

Monitoring tooth 5.0 HD pass-through BU38 is equipped with CSR8675 Bluetooth chip,
supporting LDAC / aptxX HD / aptX / AAC / SBC and other audio encoding,
high-quality digital audio is connected to ES9038Q2M through Bluetooth 5.0 CSR8675 and output,
achieving 96Khz / 24Bit decoding far more than CD sound quality.

uab-ldac_aptxhd_boardu8kaw.jpg

100Mhz Low Phase Noise Vibration
ES9038Q2M chip is particularly sensitive to clock phase noise, low phase noise clock signal
Very important for audio signal restoration

uab-ldac_aptxhd_boardink22.jpg

Operational amplifier dual-voltage power supply Operational amplifier 7 of BU38 uses standard dual 15 volt voltage power supply to eliminate the negative impact of the use of direct, insulation under the power supply sacrifice on the sound of the two original sources, he sound is transparent and natural, not harsh, three balanced, and the use of only Ling op amp seat, convenient for players to change the op amp of different sound styles

I contacted the seller but didn't get any response yet.
I don't know if this is a transmitter.
I have no glue how the connection between the USB-DAC and BT is made.
I'd like to know if additional USB power is needed when connected by USB.
I'd like to know how the output type can be switched.

Any opinions?

(OCR and translation without warranty)
Digital input:
Bluetooth: LDAC/aptxX HD/aptX/AAC/SBC
USB: (USB input function is only available with USB version)
XMOS version: PCM 44. lKHz-384KHz/32Bit DSD DSD64/128/256 (DOP/Native DSD)
ARM+CPLD version: PCM 44. lKHz-384KHz/32Bit DSD DSD64/128/256/512 (DOP/Native DSD)

Analog output:
RCA output: 2. 4Vrms/-0dB
3.5mm headphone : 2. 4Vrms/-0dB

So, no bluetooth output. :frowning2:

Jan 2, 2020 at 6:49 AM Post #54 of 168
@Redcarmoose: Aptx-HD is the name of the codec, having more potential than common Aptx. You should keep in mind that it is still compressed.

@tuckers: You should not compare a USB soundcard (the Avantree adapter) to a bluetooth linkage of Windows. Simply switch the soundcard from the internal one to the Avantree.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #55 of 168
This is an awesome thread!

I’ve been trying to find a good solution for transmitting LDAC sound from my Nvidia shield - it’s been a struggle... I can connect my HiBy R6 Pro to the Shield in USB DAC mode and send sound to my ES100, to which I have my JH Lola’s plugged in. Sounds good but for some reason only VLC sends sounds through the DAC. Netflix app and Amazon video still come out of my sound bar that’s connected by HDMI

yesterday I thought I had a workaround... I found out how to turn on developer mode on the shield and set the Bluetooth codec to LDAC / 900. The plan was to put the R6 in Bluetooth receiver mode and plug my Lola’s into it or even better, my Audeze LCD-2’s using a custom balanced cable. How sweet would that be?

turns out it was too good to be true. The R6 wouldn’t pair with the Shield - haha

so my next plan was to use my JH Bluetooth cable. It supports AptX which wouldn’t be as good as LDAC but still... the cable paired right up with the Shield but in the developed screen it said it was using AAC. Weirdly, I got sound out of my IEM’s from VLC and Netflix app but still not Amazon video. Wanted to watch the Expanse on my new 4k hdr projector

amazing how hard this is when you would think it would be so simple. honestly I’d just replace the Shield with another streaming device if I found something that worked!

love the name Milamber. Or should i call you Pug? :)

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #58 of 168
I've purchased Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones, and they sound great with my Android Phone (connected via Bluetooth with LDAC). On PC, I am using Creative W2 Bluetooth dongle, which supports only aptX, and the sound is a little bit dull.

What would be the best solution (ideally below US$ 200, but US$ 300 is acceptable) for USB DAC to Bluetooth w/ LDAC for PC dongle / card? Or, optical / Toslink to Bluetooth w/ LDAC?

I have found Toslink to Bluetooth w/ aptX HD adapter, but none with LDAC support.

Topping D50s

Costs you 250$

You can always order it from Amazon and ship it back for free if you don't like it.

Some reviews if you don't know about it already

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...nd-measurements-of-new-topping-d50s-dac.7914/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back