Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 11, 2020 at 2:30 AM Post #21,256 of 62,113
On the usb charging port cover is the S/N, which will tell the version.

Problem is the numbers (and alphabets) in my SN seem random as eff compared to the strings being thrown around. Like there's no 19xx anywhere in the sequence at all.

That said, I have mailed SC for confirmation and they're saying it's the latest rev. Supposedly anyway.

And yeah I'm not getting any hissing on mine at all, but I found that this is VERY source dependant. Like in some YouTube vids, you can hear BG hiss pretty clearly... yet in others (Forgotten Weapons to name one), the BG is as quiet as a grave. Maybe that's just normal recording hiss, God knows.

As far as TWS+, you can start playing music then put the right piece back in the case and shut the lid. If the left plays with no pause, then it has TWS+. If it pauses, then connects to the left it does not.

My Pixel 3 XL is also has a Snapdragon 845 SoC (currently android 10) and does not have TWS+. Wish it did, I'd get another hour or two (or more) play time.

Well, if I bring the L2P out left bud first and put back the right one in as you have mentioned, yep the left one just seamlessly goes into mono mode (paired with my OP6). Also seamlessly goes back to stereo once I bring the right one back out.

However, (under the same conditions above) if I put the left bud back in before the right, it pauses to connect.

Reverse everything if I bring the right bud out first.

Kinda sounds like TWS but not TWS+ to me hmmm.

EDIT: Just tested the COA, they work the same way as above as well. Maybe it's the OP6.

EDIT2: Found something interesting.

somepne tweets about japanese releases mentioned

To enable TWS+, it requires some patch to native Android, Qualcomm said. However, that patch is not yet released from Qcom and all of 845 smartphone cannot suppot TWS+, currently.

I read something about it some months ago, but cant find the link. So for now its only qualcomm tws, that seems to work fine.

I'm still hanging on to Oreo for some odd reason (upgrading involves a complete wipe and that's just too much of a PITA) so maybe it's in there if I (finally decide to) go up to Pie or 10.

Maybe. Anybody with an updated OP6 can confirm?

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #21,257 of 62,113
Problem is the numbers (and alphabets) in my SN seem random as eff compared to the strings being thrown around. Like there's no 19xx anywhere in the sequence at all.

That said, I have mailed SC for confirmation and they're saying it's the latest rev. Supposedly anyway.

The numbers start from the second line of the S/N, below the random letters and numbers above it.

S/N:xxx1x
194Xxxxx

If you have the newest version, perhaps its moved into the 20+ S/N range?

Apr 11, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #21,258 of 62,113
Sorry for a bit off topic, but since I am going to use a TWS with it, I ask here anyway. :)
Do any of you know of any Android tablet with at least AAC/AptX? (all I own is Apple, but I want to update myself with an Android device :) )
Most Android phones have both AAC/AptX/AptX HD and some with LDAC as well.
But I don't find any tablets who support other than SBC.
If you don't know this, do you have any suggestions which forums where I can ask?
My Samsung Tab S4 10.5" has aptX and LDAC.

Apr 11, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #21,259 of 62,113
The Sony’s are average until you get a seal, then they blossom and the ANC comes alive. It’s worth it to tip roll.

Yes, finding the right tips suddenly turns the anc on. It is super weird, one size smaller or bigger and I still hear sound. The right size and suddenly everything disappears. Spinfit 360 m size for me, the included tips just didn't do it.

The sound I found is a sound that grows on you. When I first heard it I thought it was average, but going back to my other earphones they didn't sound good anymore. I had the same thing happen the first time I tried an etymotics earphone. I suggest everyone try them for a week or two using just them and then try your old earphones again for the sound. It is really good, but doesn't wow you like the intense bass from the lp2.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #21,260 of 62,113
The numbers start from the second line of the S/N, below the random letters and numbers above it.

S/N:xxx1x
194Xxxxx

If you have the newest version, perhaps its moved into the 20+ S/N range?

Surprisingly, mine's not even 20++. The number starts with a 1Axx instead, but that's what SC/Anker possibly does once the numbers exceed 19xx.

Possibly lol.

On a side note, the top part of the SN printing is kinda sorta easy to smear off if you try to get the overly tight Type-C port cover off with an ill-placed fingernail. Thankfully I have photos of it (taken on day one, just in case) and have jotted the string down somewhere, but man, they really should have printed the number down somewhere safer (like the underside of the sliding cover).

Also, might just try updating to Android 10 to see if I can get TWS+ running. Who knows. Its gonna take a helluva lot of time transferring things over though, hopefully it'll be worth it.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #21,261 of 62,113
Well, now I’ve returned the MTW2s, would I be insane to get these? Never ordered anything directly from Linsoul, feels like a bit of a gamble lol.

https://www.linsoul.com/products/newmine-r10-tws
Does anyone know where to find the codec support information for those Newmine R series? I've been looking at a couple of them but can't find whether they even support AAC, let alone aptX.

Apr 11, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #21,263 of 62,113
Been home today just alternating between playing playstation and listening to the Senn MTW2 indoors and on dog walks, and man they are nice to listen to. So much fun. Really happy with this purchase.

Apr 12, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #21,264 of 62,113
I returned the MTW2 yesterday after about a week of use. I think the Buds+ are more comfortable with better call/voice quality but most importantly I kept feeling the XM3 sounds better, and they're 1/3 the price. I tried stock tips, foams, SpinFit, I thought it was a seal/fit issue at first but ultimately had to concede that the SQ was not for me. The bass is excellent, probably the only trait superior to XM3. Treble is hot but passable, but the midrange felt recessed and disconnected whereas XM3 excels at midrange. MTW2 also came across congested on certain songs, the XM3 rarely feels that way to me. Just my two cents YMMV of course. I know plenty of folks are enjoying them so maybe my unit was defective, not sure but sadly I don't feel inclined to try another set.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #21,265 of 62,113
i've got $128.00 left from an amazon giftcard i won at work burning a hole in my virtual pocket haha. anything you've seen worth picking up? I was actually looking for a good neckband like the Forza Wireless i used to have till they were stolen, but nothing is speaking to me. So thought i'd see if there were any true Wireless models you've picked up recently that you might recomend. If you do happen to have suggestions for other audio products pm me.

Apr 12, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #21,266 of 62,113
I returned the MTW2 yesterday after about a week of use. I think the Buds+ are more comfortable with better call/voice quality but most importantly I kept feeling the XM3 sounds better, and they're 1/3 the price. I tried stock tips, foams, SpinFit, I thought it was a seal/fit issue at first but ultimately had to concede that the SQ was not for me. The bass is excellent, probably the only trait superior to XM3. Treble is hot but passable, but the midrange felt recessed and disconnected whereas XM3 excels at midrange. MTW2 also came across congested on certain songs, the XM3 rarely feels that way to me. Just my two cents YMMV of course. I know plenty of folks are enjoying them so maybe my unit was defective, not sure but sadly I don't feel inclined to try another set.

I just repurchased the xm3, this time not from Amazon, and have not encountered any of the annoying glitches I had with the last two sets I got from there.

I really debated going the extra mile and getting the Sennheiser MTW2, but the reported hiss really killed them for me. The xm3 has no hiss with anc off. I find most APTx true wireless buds have a faint hiss that really bothers me for movies or videos.

The xm3 is also fast enough to play Overwatch on, and seamlessly switches from my computer to my phone to my dap without having to go in the Bluetooth menus.

I also thought of getting the Technics, but worried about glitches since the first run if tws is usually not the most polished. I also expect they will get hit by price adjustment over the next year. The xm3 just seemed like the safer buy right now.

Apr 12, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #21,267 of 62,113
Apr 12, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #21,268 of 62,113
For anyone who may be interested, you can get the Bomaker SiFi for $35 on Amazon right now. you save $5 for being a prime member, and $10 with the code:
CXLD4CAY
that code is right below the list price.

Apr 12, 2020 at 3:36 AM Post #21,269 of 62,113
For anyone who may be interested, you can get the Bomaker SiFi for $35 on Amazon right now. you save $5 for being a prime member, and $10 with the code:
CXLD4CAY
that code is right below the list price.
The bomaker sifi are a great set of earphones. I'm tempted to get a backup pair

Apr 12, 2020 at 5:55 AM Post #21,270 of 62,113
Alright, just finished updating my OnePlus 6 to Android 10.... and nope, I'm still only getting "regular" TWS with the L2P rather than TWS+... which is a shame considering its SD845 proc. But eyyy, at least AptX is still working over TWS on OOS 10.3.2 stable, considering the myriad of Bluetooth issues I've heard the 10 Betas had. So yeah, unless somebody manages to find a mod that adds the TWS+ code to the OP6 firmware, I'm probably SOL until upgrade to something else. EDIT: Apparently things aren't that simple, read EDIT2 below.

That said, one silver lining is that the SoundCore app seems to store its settings per account in the cloud. Reinstalling the app bought me back all my EQ settings and tweaks, which is a welcome bonus (vs having to set everything up again from scratch).

EDIT2: Well upon further digging, it seems that TWS+ is INDEED working on OOS 10.3.2 stable in the OnePlus 6, just not with the L2P. See spoilered screenshots below.

GSAU763.jpg
6tGeSk9.jpg

Here it's pretty clear that the COAs are connecting fine through TWS+ (both earbuds connected at once - further confirmed with a trip to Dev Options where "AptX TWS+" is selected with it connected). The L2P do not connect through TWS+, only through "normal" TWS, even if I tweak the settings around in Dev Opts AFTER connecting the buds (which might not even work lol) or prior to connection (in which case the settings simply don't stick for some reason).

So yeah, things are a bit sketchy at this point TBH. Either OP6 OOS 10.3.2 has a broken TWS+ implementation, or the L2P is just MADE to not connect through TWS+. Which I can only confirm if somebody else can make the L2P connect through another phone (or another OP6 custom firmware) in TWS+ mode (both earbuds connected, one side active).

To be fair though, connecting through TWS+ isn't all that different either (as far as it's implemented in the COAs anyway). Putting the "active" bud away still cuts connection for a short moment, before the other one automatically resumes in mono... so it's not entirely seamless.

Only real difference with the L2P in TWS is that you have to press a button to resume on the "non-dominant" side compared to auto-resume (with a pause) on the COAs. Also, there's a possible L/R battery drain difference between TWS vs TWS+, but I don't really have multiple devices to test the COAs with (nor do I plan to, considering their backup status).

Another thing I have noticed however... is that for some reason, the COAs seem to sound a bit better back when it could only connect through "normal" TWS before I updated my OP6. Or at least that was how I remembered them to sound like. It might just be placebo and I can't confirm unless I can A-B both.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back