USB DAC for PC (Win 10) + Bluetooth w/ LDAC transmitter
Oct 30, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #106 of 168
Hello, Im in the search for some bluetooth DAC which can transmit LDAC via bluetooth to my hifiman Deva and other bluetooth headphones. Can anyone confirm if the Fiio M6 is able to do that? I know it is a bluetooth transmitter but not sure if it can do it when its used as a DAC hooked to my pc.
Also, anyone knows if the latency would be high? Im planning to use it to watch movies ans tv series too.
Thanks in advance

Nov 1, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #110 of 168
Looks like that already mentioned DAPs are the only option to use LDAC over USB on W10 now? It seems excessive to buy a DAP to just use it for PC tho.
How about latency on M6? Is it fine for movies or maybe light gaming?
Yeah, it seems that those DAPs are the best and cheapest option, or a least thats my conclusion after searching for a few days. Althought the price might be excesive for some people, Its fine for me, because I might be using it as a DAP as well.
About latency, I found some info on the Fiio forums, some people were complaining about the high latency transmitting in LDAC, but it seems theres an easy fix if you set it to 192kh and maximun Asio samples (http://fiio.net:8000/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=44309).
So I guess, after that, gaming and watching movies should be fine. If that its not the case, I'd sent it back and stick with my USB stick with APtx LL and Aptx HD.
I'll post my experiences here as soon as a get the M6

Nov 1, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #111 of 168
Looks like that already mentioned DAPs are the only option to use LDAC over USB on W10 now? It seems excessive to buy a DAP to just use it for PC tho.
How about latency on M6? Is it fine for movies or maybe light gaming?
Yeah, it seems that those DAPs are the best and cheapest option, or a least thats my conclusion after searching for a few days. Althought the price might be excesive for some people, Its fine for me, because I might be using it as a DAP as well.
About latency, I found some info on the Fiio forums, some people were complaining about the high latency transmitting in LDAC, but it seems theres an easy fix if you set it to 192kh and maximun Asio samples (http://fiio.net:8000/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=44309). So I guess, after that, gaming and watching movies should be fine. If that its not the case, I'd sent it back and stick with my USB stick with APtx LL and Aptx HD.
I'll post my experiences here as soon as a get the M6

Nov 1, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #113 of 168
Finally, I bought the Fiio M6, which is capable of transmitting LDAC while used as a USB DAC.
This looks really good. Although I just got the Fiio M6, I might get this too to use it with my Tv via optical cable. Im using an average Elegiant transmitter and I think this could be a step up.
Thanks for the info.

*Actually I just boght it lol. Will share my impressions as soon as it arrives, I guess It'll take a month or so.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-01-20-09-59-182_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd_1_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-11-01-20-09-59-182_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd_1_1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 1, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #114 of 168
***... It's amazing that no one can make a transmitter from PC via USB that supports at least 24bit/96khz and all the codecs.
There's always something missing.
The BTA30 is useless with USB connection... no LDAC, and 16bit/48khz... just a fancy Avantree DG60... (and why not AAC???)

Nov 1, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #115 of 168
***... It's amazing that no one can make a transmitter from PC via USB that supports at least 24bit/96khz and all the codecs.
There's always something missing.
The BTA30 is useless with USB connection... no LDAC, and 16bit/48khz... just a fancy Avantree DG60... (and why not AAC???)
I know, thats what I thought when I started searching online. Theres always a codec or a useful feature missing. I finally settled and bought the Fiio M6, it can make 32 bit /192 khz as usb DAC but in exchange, there isn´t Aptx LL. I hope the LDAC offers a decent latency.

Nov 4, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #117 of 168
Well, I got the Fiio M6 a few hours ago and and It can stream LDAC used as USB DAC but the latency was unbearable to watch movies or youtube. I tried the fix suggested in the Fiio forums and it got slighty better but the delay was just too much to have a pleasing experience. The volume was also really low compared to my USB dongle. So I`m gonna send the Fiio M6 back and stick to to my good ol' USB dongle with Aptx Hd/LL.

Nov 5, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #118 of 168
Well, I got the Fiio M6 a few hours ago and and It can stream LDAC used as USB DAC but the latency was unbearable to watch movies or youtube. I tried the fix suggested in the Fiio forums and it got slighty better but the delay was just too much to have a pleasing experience. The volume was also really low compared to my USB dongle. So I`m gonna send the Fiio M6 back and stick to to my good ol' USB dongle with Aptx Hd/LL.
Thanks for the update and useful info! :thumbsup:

Nov 6, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #119 of 168
Dear all, thank you for your interest in M6 and BTA30.
In fact, the BTA30 is a more professional Bluetooth conversion device!
It was originally designed to be defined as a Bluetooth converter. Converting wired audio to HD Bluetooth audio transmission. In fact he is the first Bluetooth converter with so many features(i mean LDAC/AAC/aptX/aptX ll/aptX HD).
We can use LDAC when the BTA30 is in receive mode.
When the BTA30 is in transmit mode, it can output LDAC format Bluetooth signal through Optical and Coaxial input.
--There are many computers that have both Optical and Coaxial output, so it is possible for a computer to transmit LDAC via Optical and Coaxial output to the BTA30.
Perhaps the following table will help understand its function:
1604675356690.png

Attachments

• 1604675275176.png
    1604675275176.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 6, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #120 of 168
Dear all, thank you for your interest in M6 and BTA30.
In fact, the BTA30 is a more professional Bluetooth conversion device!
It was originally designed to be defined as a Bluetooth converter. Converting wired audio to HD Bluetooth audio transmission. In fact he is the first Bluetooth converter with so many features(i mean LDAC/AAC/aptX/aptX ll/aptX HD).
We can use LDAC when the BTA30 is in receive mode.
When the BTA30 is in transmit mode, it can output LDAC format Bluetooth signal through Optical and Coaxial input.
--There are many computers that have both Optical and Coaxial output, so it is possible for a computer to transmit LDAC via Optical and Coaxial output to the BTA30.
Perhaps the following table will help understand its function:
1604675356690.png
Thanks, it looks good on paper, I just hope the lag isn't as high as the M6 while transmitting LDAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back