USB DAC / Amp synergy with Triple.Fi 10?
Oct 1, 2011 at 9:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

benjsu

Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I really apologize if this has already been addressed, though I have tried to diligently use the search feature. :)

I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a USB dac/amp that works well with the Triple.Fi's.  I know there's a lot of good units out there right now, but it seems as if the high sensitivity and sound signature of the Triple.Fi's makes them potentially hard to pair with.

In general, I'd like to stay under the $300 range, and I'd prefer something that is fairly portable (at least not requiring a wall-wart)... though the last requirement isn't as important as the first one regarding budget.

All recommendations and advice appreciated.  Thanks!

Oct 1, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #2 of 5
I had the TF-10's for a while, but returned them because I thought they were uncomfortable. But I didn't think they needed an amp. What is missing in the sound that you want to get an amp?

Oct 1, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 5
Yeah, not as focused on an amp as I am on the usb dac. It just seemed that a lot of the usb units also included headphone amps built in and I want to make sure it plays nice with the triple fi.

Oct 1, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #4 of 5

Ah - got it. I have no experience with DAC's, and I declined the DAC option on my current TTJV Slim.

Quote:
Yeah, not as focused on an amp as I am on the usb dac. It just seemed that a lot of the usb units also included headphone amps built in and I want to make sure it plays nice with the triple fi.

Oct 2, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #5 of 5
Centrance DAC port, iBasso D6, Pico DAC/AMPs and XM6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back