USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
May 9, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #6,482 of 6,485
DSC00844-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg

The Simgot DEW4X is a fairly priced and competitive entry into the affordable dongle space, with excellent power efficiency and thermal management. If you’re looking for a neutral-warm dongle, and want something lighter, more compact, more power efficient, and cooler-running than the Colorfly CDA-M1P, the DEW4X is worth a look.

https://medium.com/bedrock-reviews/simgot-dew4x-dongle-dac-amp-review-111e466c7b19
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/rev...om-darmanastartes.963101/page-5#post-18115231

May 9, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #6,483 of 6,485
anyone has both dc06 pro or e1da 9038d ?i couldnt find any comparison between them .which one win in details , stage wideness and 3d?thanks in advance

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 10:42 PM Post #6,484 of 6,485
Glitching? Details please.
Distortions and skipping. However after that I updated the CMOS which might have alleviated the issue but i haven't checked after that with DSD

May 10, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #6,485 of 6,485
Distortions and skipping. However after that I updated the CMOS which might have alleviated the issue but i haven't checked after that with DSD
Those issues sound like deal killers to me. I am looking forward to more reports in the wild but this does not sound good.

I am still bummed that FiiO is pretending that the Q3-MQA has no issues with DSD over DoP with the iphone 15. I guess if you ignore a problem then you don't have to fix it. This hobby can be annoying at times. I remember when FiiO claimed that my first DAP (X3) never supported external storage when it did....until they put out a firmware update 2.0 that pulled the feature.

Fortunately my Cayin RU7 is trouble free. I saw that it came in third in the headphonia user rankings, and it much less expensive than numbers one and two on that list. This excellent unit almost makes up for the way Cayin abandoned so many of their earlier DAP units like the N5II before delivering promised software features.

The DAP and Dongle industry has more than its share of issues, but when companies invent their own self serving reality I get a bit grumpy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back