USB-C Sucks. 3.5mm Is Real Sound!!!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #136 of 320
Try going further than three feet from your phone with wired earbuds.

Mar 3, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #137 of 320
I did not say that there are 8-10 connectors, what I am saying that if I have 10 Wired Earphones, then I will need 10 or even more Connectors to use them and still Inserting and Pulling them will damage my Phone USB Port. There is no way your DAC can provide high quality sound than using 3.5mm directly.
Erm, you just said you didnt say what I said you did, then went ahead and confirmed you were saying exactly what I said you did ... It doesnt make any sense, but its exactly what I said.

Why would you need more than 1 adapter cable to connect your 10 wired earphones? your phone has the USBC port, you have a USB-C->3.5mm cable and you say youre earphones in this example are 3.5mm. Why would you need any more than 1 USB-C->3.5mm cable? It would also remain plugged into your phone if you wish, with only the 3.5mm jack getting any wear, if you indulged your want to plug a different headphone in every few minutes.

Your External DAC or Dongle does not do anything except connecting your 3.5mm Earphones with Phone's USB C Port.
Yes, it does. Just because there are back up analogue lines in some USB C headphones that are used in some situations, doesnt mean they are always used by any hardware. That line is a failsafe and only used if the phone cant find a USB host/DAC. It will attempt to connect via USB first and only falls back to analogue over USB if one isnt present.

There is no way your DAC can provide high quality sound than using 3.5mm directly.

Ummm, yes. Yes there is.

You dont understand how ANY of this works, do you? Even things as simple as cables you apparently dont understand the operation of.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2022 at 8:20 PM Post #138 of 320
It appears you still hold the same misconceptions as you did ages ago, so its best we just leave you to it. If you still dont understand these basics after they were explained to you years ago and are still stubbornly holding onto biases that are not even rooted in reality; there is really nothing anyone can say. You are stubbornly and loudly ill-informed.

Mar 3, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #139 of 320
It appears you still hold the same misconceptions as you did ages ago, so its best we just leave you to it. If you still dont understand these basics after they were explained to you years ago and are still stubbornly holding onto biases that are not even rooted in reality; there is really nothing anyone can say. You are stubbornly and loudly ill-informed.
It is easy to understand if there is any fact or iota of truth what these people have been telling you and many others to sell their DAC/Dongles. I have used the Avani DAC and I can safely say that it did not make any impact on sound quality so it is just connector which will connect your 3.5mm earphones with your USB-C Device. If I had not used it, I would be agreed on your theory but sadly that is not correct.

Mar 3, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #140 of 320
Erm, you just said you didnt say what I said you did, then went ahead and confirmed you were saying exactly what I said you did ... It doesnt make any sense, but its exactly what I said.

Why would you need more than 1 adapter cable to connect your 10 wired earphones? your phone has the USBC port, you have a USB-C->3.5mm cable and you say youre earphones in this example are 3.5mm. Why would you need any more than 1 USB-C->3.5mm cable? It would also remain plugged into your phone if you wish, with only the 3.5mm jack getting any wear, if you indulged your want to plug a different headphone in every few minutes.
More than 1 adapter needed so there is one connected to every 3.5mm wired earphones. 1st thing, I am sure that they will break down more than often and also damage your phone's USB port. 2nd and most important thing, for some reason, if you change your earphones, which we may often do on regular basis, and forget to pick your Dongle, then that earphone will be of no use as you cannot connect and use it with your USB-C only Phone.

I plug my 3.5 earphones but don't need to keep it inserted all day and remove it when not in use. Plugging and Unpugging 3.5mm into Phones will not damage it like USB-C Dongle.
Yes, it does. Just because there are back up analogue lines in some USB C headphones that are used in some situations, doesnt mean they are always used by any hardware. That line is a failsafe and only used if the phone cant find a USB host/DAC. It will attempt to connect via USB first and only falls back to analogue over USB if one isnt present.

Ummm, yes. Yes there is.

You dont understand how ANY of this works, do you? Even things as simple as cables you apparently dont understand the operation of.
No Sir. I have used the DAC myself and it did absolutely zero in terms of changing the sound quality. It is just these Phone and DAC/Dongle Manufacturers gimmicks to fool people and force them to buy these craps.

Mar 3, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #142 of 320
It isnt a theory, its the USB C specification you numpty
So you believe in what these people have mentioned and put some paid article? Bluetooth Headphone/Earphone Market by the end of 2019 was US $60 Billions and expected to be more than double by 2026. No wonder these companies have put some article that Bluetooth is this and that and better and best and what not. After all, they are eying big shares in $120 Billons and everyone want the max share. But people who have heard these Bluetooth earphones, they know that they are not even 10% match of the quality of 3.5mm Wired Headsets.

Mar 3, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #143 of 320
No, I believe the USB specification. I have applied it in both hardware and software; it works. a well applied USB dac will easily and measurably outperform the onboard dac built into an SOC and will support modern formats more widely too.

It is easy to tell you havent been at this long. No one worth their salt would make ridiculous exaggerated statements like '10x better' 'not even 10% match' If you have experienced 10x improvements ANYWHERE in your audio chain, you are playing at the shallow end.

The rest of your post is 100% irrelevant.

btw, the 3.5mm connector is one of the worst connectors in use in audio. I would be very glad to see the back of it.

Mar 3, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #144 of 320
No, I believe the USB specification. I have applied it in both hardware and software; it works. a well applied USB dac will easily and measurably outperform the onboard dac built into an SOC and will support modern formats more widely too.
USB DAC, when connected to your phone, does absolutely nothing except connecting your earphones to Device.
It is easy to tell you havent been at this long. No one worth their salt would make ridiculous exaggerated statements like '10x better' 'not even 10% match' If you have experienced 10x improvements ANYWHERE in your audio chain, you are playing at the shallow end.
I was expecting at least decent increase in sound quality but I did not see even 1% change in the sound when I used DAC. So forget 10X or 10%, it does nothing except connecting your wired earphones to Phone.
The rest of your post is 100% irrelevant.

btw, the 3.5mm connector is one of the worst connectors in use in audio. I would be very glad to see the back of it.
3.5mm Connector is Worst? I guess these scamsters companies made fool of millions and you are one of them who believe them easily and started singing their tunes that Bluetooth is good and 3.5mm was worst but it was there till 2-3 years ago and still these companies are giving it in their cheap phones :)

Mar 3, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #145 of 320
Mar 4, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #146 of 320
Do you have a cell phone? Is a land line better than a cell phone because it doesn't require charging?

Don't waste your time.
He has lost touch with reality. He has no idea how DAC's or USB-C works and still persists in his theories.
I've tried to explain him many times and showed him even proof that his theories aren't true.

at least he doesn't hurt someone :smiley:

Mar 6, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #149 of 320
Don't waste your time.
He has lost touch with reality. He has no idea how DAC's or USB-C works and still persists in his theories.
I've tried to explain him many times and showed him even proof that his theories aren't true.

at least he doesn't hurt someone :smiley:
Your understanding about USB-C Audio and Dongles/DAC is wrong. You see what these companies want you to see thus speak their language only.

Mar 6, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #150 of 320
Your understanding about USB-C Audio and Dongles/DAC is wrong. You see what these companies want you to see thus speak their language only.
Than explain how a DACs works, or how Android handles external DACs 🤡

Explain how I’m able to hear sound, if I connect my dongle/external DAC to an source with no DAC built in.

Explain how I’m able to play higher sample rates with my dongle/external DAC, while my phones internal DAC doesn’t support these sample rates?

USB-C can carry analog audio signals, in which case the DCC of the source is used. This requires audio accessory mode, that most Android phones doesn’t support anymore!

You act like there happens some magic. You need an digital analog Converter if you want to hear your digital music, that’s it. Your phone will recognize the connected dongle DAC and will use it.

In your case, your build in DAC is for your speakers and your 3.5mm jack.

Phones without 3.5mm jacks have only a DAC for the speakers, like my iPhone 11.

If you want to connect your headphones, you need a dongle, that has its own DAC build in.

We can discuss, if DACs make difference in sound quality, that’s a different topic.
But you technical understanding here is absolutely wrong.

I can understand that you are frustrated and don’t want to use a dongle, but it’s only a tiny peace you connect to your headphones. It’s not a big deal.

Make your own option in sound quality with different DACs and don’t waste your money, but you have to accept how these things work. you repeat the same things over and over again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back