USB-C Sucks. 3.5mm Is Real Sound!!!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #121 of 320
What I have been heating from all the threads that this DAC is superb and that DAC is even better. I know it convert Digital to Analog but I have been telling people that it does not do anything and simply pass Analog Signals to Earphones which are already converted by Device's in-built DAC.

These Dongles and Connectors are simply scam and ways to make more money by Phone companies by removing 3.5mm Jack. Not more than that in reality.
For the last time. It is true that any cellphone has a DAC/amp in it. If only to turn a received conversation into sound. And yes you can use an adapter that goes from USB C to jack without any chip in it, and get your IEM to work with that on many devices.
But 1 jack can do like 5pins, one USB plug can do 24. Is it a surprise that many products were made without the jack when they could leave everything to the USB plug alone? Of course it is 110% aimed at making more money in all the rational and more or less disgusting ways you can think of. But it's also really logical.
Among those many pins, there is also a digital out. One that can be used with a DAC/amp dongle or some bigger external DACs if someone wishes it. And some other pin will provide DC voltage to power it. 24pins can do a lot of stuff and it's entirely up to you to use them or not.

Other than that, I have a 150$ cellphone with a jack(that I never used). So instead of whining, maybe just pay attention when you purchase a cellphone and all will be fine. The only lesson here is that the world will not do everything we want it to. The end.

Oct 7, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #122 of 320
The only lesson here is that the world will not do everything we want it to.
Fussing and whining and stamping of feet is best done elsewhere!

Mar 2, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #123 of 320
For the last time. It is true that any cellphone has a DAC/amp in it. If only to turn a received conversation into sound. And yes you can use an adapter that goes from USB C to jack without any chip in it, and get your IEM to work with that on many devices.
But 1 jack can do like 5pins, one USB plug can do 24. Is it a surprise that many products were made without the jack when they could leave everything to the USB plug alone? Of course it is 110% aimed at making more money in all the rational and more or less disgusting ways you can think of. But it's also really logical.
Among those many pins, there is also a digital out. One that can be used with a DAC/amp dongle or some bigger external DACs if someone wishes it. And some other pin will provide DC voltage to power it. 24pins can do a lot of stuff and it's entirely up to you to use them or not.

Other than that, I have a 150$ cellphone with a jack(that I never used). So instead of whining, maybe just pay attention when you purchase a cellphone and all will be fine. The only lesson here is that the world will not do everything we want it to. The end.
Dongles and Connectors do absolutely nothing except adding more to E-Waste and additional things to carry and manage. USB-C is not for sound at all. It is foe Data Transfer and Charging only. These phone companies are having hand-in-gloves to remove Headphone Jack so people either buy expensive and ultra inconvenient Bluetooth earphones or buy number of USB C to 3.5mm Connector for their earphones. Especially for people who has 8-10 different earphones so they will need to buy 10+ connectors and still it will be worst for sound as well as for the phone as removing and inserting it again and again will damage the socket in no time.

Mar 2, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #124 of 320
Wow! It's been a year and you're still on the same rant!

Mar 2, 2022 at 11:38 PM Post #125 of 320
Sighted doesn't count. Sounds like you’re taking plenty of time to let expectation bias and errors in auditory memory to set in. Use whatever equipment you want to test, sit wherever you want, but level matched, direct A/B switched, blind.
Use earplugs too. Don't just cover your eyes. :wink:

Mar 3, 2022 at 12:32 AM Post #126 of 320
It isn't scientific if you aren't floating in an isolation chamber too!

Mar 3, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #127 of 320
Dongles and Connectors do absolutely nothing except adding more to E-Waste and additional things to carry and manage. USB-C is not for sound at all. It is foe Data Transfer and Charging only. These phone companies are having hand-in-gloves to remove Headphone Jack so people either buy expensive and ultra inconvenient Bluetooth earphones or buy number of USB C to 3.5mm Connector for their earphones. Especially for people who has 8-10 different earphones so they will need to buy 10+ connectors and still it will be worst for sound as well as for the phone as removing and inserting it again and again will damage the socket in no time.
Wow. How do you still have no idea how any of this works? Have you spent the last 6 months inventing ridiculous headphone conspiracies? Maybe youde be better off with the antivaxxers. There doesn't exist 8-10 different phone connectors. what possible reason would there be to have 8-10 different USBC-3.5mm connectors? (other than collecting them as members here do)

They dont actually have to have a different one for each headphone; you would only need 1, even if you had 8-10 earphones.

Do you even read your posts before posting them? why would there be worse sound in an external DAC vs the one that is built into the SoC of your phone? It has every advantage so that it can be higher quality vs absolutely no reason for it to be lower quality. how have you convinced yourself of this? Do you spend your CoViD downtime inventing nonsensical 'scientific' mechanisms for phone companies to control your life? Surely there are more feasible conspiracies in todays world?

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2022 at 4:02 AM Post #128 of 320
If he wants simple, I don't know why he bothers with a cable at all. Just get bluetooth and you can do away with both the dongle and the cable.

Mar 3, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #129 of 320
Nah, he thinks they are actually inconvenient and a scam by the phone companies to make more money, They arent convenient at all, thats just a corporate scam; you just think they are more convenient. but then in the next breath hes talking about connectors on your phone wearing out because you have multiple headphones and headphone adapters; like because youve got 10 headphone cables, you must be plugging/unplugging them more often, because you must be listening to them all. you know, like I often find myself unplugging headphones mid song so I can listen on my other set ...

The faulty logic he is constantly applying to everything.

Mar 3, 2022 at 4:19 AM Post #130 of 320
I'm waiting for him to claim that sound is "fuller" using quarter inch headphone jacks instead of 3.5mm.

Mar 3, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #131 of 320
Wow. How do you still have no idea how any of this works? Have you spent the last 6 months inventing ridiculous headphone conspiracies? Maybe youde be better off with the antivaxxers. There doesnt exist 8-10 different phone connectors. what possible reason would there be to have 8-10 different USBC-3.5mm connectors? (other than collecting them as members here do; they dont actually have to have a different one for each headphone; you would only need 1, even if you had 8-10 earphones.

Do you even read your posts before posting them? why would there be worse sound in an external DAC vs the one that is built into the SoC of your phone? It has every advantage so that it can be higher quality vs absolutely no reason for it to be lower quality. how have you convinced yourself of this? Do you spend your CoViD downtime inventing nonsensical 'scientific' mechanisms for phone companies to control your life? Surely there are more feasible conspiracies in todays world?
I did not say that there are 8-10 connectors, what I am saying that if I have 10 Wired Earphones, then I will need 10 or even more Connectors to use them and still Inserting and Pulling them will damage my Phone USB Port. Your External DAC or Dongle does not do anything except connecting your 3.5mm Earphones with Phone's USB C Port. There is no way your DAC can provide high quality sound than using 3.5mm directly.

If he wants simple, I don't know why he bothers with a cable at all. Just get bluetooth and you can do away with both the dongle and the cable.
Bluetooth is utterly inconvenient. 1st, there is no actual Flat head Earbuds in Bluetooth (all in-ear which I don't use and will never use even if you give me $10 Million to use them). 2nd, who will keep charging them every now and then and for some reason, if you forget to charge your Earphones, then forget that you will be able to even talk to someone that day (unless you are ready to hold the phones for hours attending your calls). 3rd, Bluetooth Earphones will cost you at least 3-5 times more than your 3.5mm Earphones and will be 10X lower in sound quality.
Nah, he thinks they are actually inconvenient and a scam by the phone companies to make more money, They arent convenient at all, thats just a corporate scam; you just think they are more convenient. but then in the next breath hes talking about connectors on your phone wearing out because you have multiple headphones and headphone adapters; like because youve got 10 headphone cables, you must be plugging/unplugging them more often, because you must be listening to them all. you know, like I often find myself unplugging headphones mid song so I can listen on my other set ...

The faulty logic he is constantly applying to everything.
It is utterly inconvenient. I provided few good reasons already above. And it is not that Bluetootth was not there earlier and now only Phone companies found this "New Technology" but to use that, they have to remove 3.5mm Port. There should not be any doubt that this is biggest scam in tech history to remove 3.5mm port and force users to buy Bluetooth or DAC/Dongles/Connectors. Headphone Jack is strong and plugging-unplgging will not damage it like doing it with USB C Dongle. If this is not scam then why not there is hardly 1-2 earphnes with USB C Connector and why these companies are forcing people to buy Bluetooth or Dongles?

Go to this URL as well so you will understand if this is Scam or not: https://www.soundguys.com/was-ditching-the-headphone-jack-a-good-idea-13825/

Mar 3, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #132 of 320
I use Bluetooth headphones and you’re completely wrong. But I guess that is your peculiar talent.

Mar 3, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #133 of 320
I use Bluetooth headphones and you’re completely wrong. But I guess that is your peculiar talent.
So you are saying that you have Bluetooth earphones with Flat head? Something like this : https://www.amazon.com.au/Venture-Electronics-Monk-Earbud-Earphone/dp/B01J0S4AAS. I doubt that as I am yet to come across. Also, can you guarantee that once charged, I will never need to charge them again? I have Bluetooth earphones at home. it's Beats: https://www.beatsbydre.com/au/earphones/beats-flex. They are somewhere in some box and not in use. I don't have patience to keep charging them every day or so and ensure that they are charged if I want to talk or listen to the music. 2nd, thing, they are in-ear (like any other Bluetooth) and I don't use them. So my view is 100% correct about them as well as scam these phone companies are doing. Otherwise, why are they still providing 3.5mm Port in low quality and mediocre devices with some cheap processor, poor display and poor build quality. Why don't they stop it 100% to each and every devices if they feel that 3.5mm Port is not good for mobiles?

Mar 3, 2022 at 7:31 PM Post #134 of 320
Do you have a cell phone? Is a land line better than a cell phone because it doesn't require charging?

Mar 3, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #135 of 320
Do you have a cell phone? Is a land line better than a cell phone because it doesn't require charging?
That is hilarious. Do you carry your Landline to wherever you go? BTW, I have S10+ which I bought last year so unless there is any better option, I don't intend to change it even for 10 years. The new phone must have better processor, better screen, smaller size or same at least, more RAM and 3.5mm Port on the bottom of the phone not on Top side.

And weight less than 175 or may be 180 will be Ok. Ideally lesser is better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back