Usb 24 192khz M2tech Hiface
Jul 3, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #1,426 of 1,958
Speaking of old recordings - some of you (9 downloaders) already noticed the other track in that download folder "True Love Ways" - a Buddy Holly track from 1958 - I think this might be the 1967 stereo remixed version but the sound is stunning.

I'm not sure if this was done in one take?

Jul 4, 2010 at 8:24 AM Post #1,427 of 1,958
22 downloads of this Nat King Cole track now! Guys, if your not going to use it to evaluate your system & post your evaluation here please don't download it  
sm_nono.gif
 It is meant as a tool for evaluating the effect (if any) of attenuators in your system not as a free download. I have now cut down the track so as it's no longer a full song!

Jul 4, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #1,428 of 1,958
Man, the hiface is getting to me. Is there anyone else on windows 7, 64 bit getting random BSODs also? I'm using JRMC 15 on KS. WASAPI doesn't work, for some reason. I'm writing an email to Marco to ask him how to solve the problem.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q197/noinimod/hifaceBSOD.jpg

Jul 5, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #1,430 of 1,958
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
I have an XP machine.  Once my cable gets here, I will have a friend over with his Win7 laptop to AB the two systems.

Just to make sure I got this right (I will be using foobar exclusively):

- download and install the corresponding drivers from m2tech
- use KS for XP
- I am not familiar with Win7, can I also use KS for it or do I have to use WASAPI?

Thanks!

Jul 7, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #1,433 of 1,958

Quote:
Speaking of old recordings - some of you (9 downloaders) already noticed the other track in that download folder "True Love Ways" - a Buddy Holly track from 1958 - I think this might be the 1967 stereo remixed version but the sound is stunning.

I'm not sure if this was done in one take?

Sounds like it could be a single take.......
dt880smile.png

But I'd like to ask a foobar question.  I was under the impression that the lower the buffer the better the sound...  one of the posters on the DIY forum mentioned that he didn't like ASIO because it needed a 300 ms buffer (to quiet clicks and pops) and he preferred the lowest buffer value ..... Do you know anything about that?

Thanks

USG

Jul 7, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #1,434 of 1,958

Witchcraft and black magic questions should be kept on the Voodo forums,  not this thread IMO

Quote:

But I'd like to ask a foobar question.  I was under the impression that the lower the buffer the better the sound...  one of the posters on the DIY forum mentioned that he didn't like ASIO because it needed a 300 ms buffer (to quiet clicks and pops) and he preferred the lowest buffer value ..... Do you know anything about that?

Thanks

USG

Jul 7, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #1,436 of 1,958

Quote:
I apologize for my obvious lack of knowledge, but just to be clear, you're saying that foobar buffer size has no effect on sound quality, is that correct?

Correct. It only affects the suspectibility to pops/clicks if buffer is too low, and the response time when you press play/pause (lower buffer = quicker response). No SQ to gain here.

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #1,440 of 1,958

Quote:
Did anyone post this here yet?

http://www.audio-gd.com/USBface/USBfaceEN.htm

Interesting. 

" Now we are burning both our USBface and hiFace, once we finished burn in, we will compare their sound level.  If our USBface sound worst, we will kill it."

Funny, why do I have the feeling the USBface is going to stay alive after all...
biggrin.gif
  Come on, I welcome new products but at least mix in a name without the word "face" in it.  So obvious...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back