Usb 24 192khz M2tech Hiface
Jan 12, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #436 of 1,958
what makes you think i doubt your findings? on the contrary, i think it's great that people are looking for ways to improve on existing products. did marco mention anything about upcoming improvements? it would be a thrill to hear that improvements could be made based on enduser suggestions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkeny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you doubt my report? I presume they had a number of goals in mind & this wasn't one of them - maybe it wouldn't fit in with the product size they had planned? I have sent my results to Marco & he has acknowledged it. I'm hoping that it will improve the product - if he simply replaces the existing switching down-converters for lower noise ones it will help.

A lot of people make the mistake that by providing a low jitter clock we get low jitter signals - in fact a really stable, dedicated low noise PS is also required for the clock.

I can now finally hear what low jitter sounds like - good analogue
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: Steve, you got there before me! PS I'll email you about clock!

Jan 12, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #437 of 1,958
OK, it always seems like a doubting Thomas statement to hear that phrase "well if it was that easy why didn't XXX do it"

Anyway, I doubt M2Tech will be changing anything - as Steve said there are many criteria to be adhered to & compromises that go into the manufacturing of a product.

Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what makes you think i doubt your findings? on the contrary, i think it's great that people are looking for ways to improve on existing products. did marco mention anything about upcoming improvements? it would be a thrill to hear that improvements could be made based on enduser suggestions.

Jan 12, 2010 at 8:11 AM Post #438 of 1,958
Quote:

Originally Posted by audioengr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Modding is taking other companies products and making them sound better. I dont do this anymore. They are all my own designs. Modules for power regulation or clocks are just that, modules. IC's are just highly integrated modules also.

It's the design and implementation of these that makes a really outstanding product, such as the Off-Ramp or Overdrive. Design is much more that just putting modules and IC's together. If you were an engineer worth his salt, you would know this. You simply dont have a clue.

Steve N.

Don't do this anymore? So you're not going to take the M2tech HiFace, add a superclock, use dedicated power, galvanize something something, and snap it all in an Empirical Audio case. Wow, then it must be so innovative! A unique design indeed!

Just missing a few blunt marketing stunts all over audio forums.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 8:12 AM Post #439 of 1,958
Quote:

. (I use a LiFePO4 3.3V battery - about the same length as the hifac but a cylinder of about an inch diameter)

Thanks for trying this, I've been saying the PS on this needs work since day one.

Do you have a socket for the battery? (and a part #), also how often do you have to recharge the battery?

Jan 12, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #440 of 1,958
what's the size of the company M2Tech ?. How long has been in business?.

I'm worried about the capability of supporting drivers and updates of this company in the future. We already had SinglePower, Xin, etc.

Jan 12, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #441 of 1,958
SinglePower cost a lot more than hiFace.
Those of us who bought it took a risk, but EUR100 is not a huge amount and Marco is really nice. Hopefully he won't let us down.

Jan 12, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #442 of 1,958
Quote:

Originally Posted by rosgr63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SinglePower cost a lot more than hiFace.
Those of us who bought it took a risk, but EUR100 is not a huge amount and Marco is really nice. Hopefully he won't let us down.

I wouldn't worry too much about it at $150 price point, at least it's a company, not some one man operation. And in a year or two there will be other, nicer converters. Things like these get outdated pretty quickly.

Jan 15, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #443 of 1,958
Just received mine today, but sadly I cant get it working, my computer would freeze at the moment it tries to send data to the hiface.(or even at the moment I plug it in) Did anybody have the same problem?? I'm using windows xp 32 bit BTW.

Jan 15, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #446 of 1,958
What is the make/model of the computer - I presume it support USB 2.0? Have you tried any other USB devices on it? Are any of them USB 2.0? HAve you tried other sound-cards with it?

Jan 15, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #447 of 1,958
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sieg9198 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received mine today, but sadly I cant get it working, my computer would freeze at the moment it tries to send data to the hiface.(or even at the moment I plug it in) Did anybody have the same problem?? I'm using windows xp 32 bit BTW.

Finally someone with the same problem I had! I emailed Marco about the issue on W7 x64 a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything since he said he was "sending it to his programmer."

Quote:

What is the make/model of the computer - I presume it support USB 2.0? Have you tried any other USB devices on it? Are any of them USB 2.0? HAve you tried other sound-cards with it?

I've tried everything, and have concluded it's some sort of freak driver issue that needs to be resolved; Marco also said it was probably a driver issue.

Quote:

And I tried it on my brother computer and I think it works fine since his computer didnt freeze(I didnt plug in the DAC to listen to it). It's really disappointing right now
frown.gif

Yep, it worked on my laptop but not on my desktop with a 30-seconds-new Windows 7 install... frustrating.

Jan 15, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #448 of 1,958
Oo, glad to hear there are ppl who have the same problem.(although it's not a good thing
frown.gif
)

mind telling me what is the spec of your computer?? I'm trying to rule out hardware conflict issue here
smily_headphones1.gif

Mine is an AMD Phenom II 955, Asus M4A78T-E mainboard, using the built-in graphic, 4GB DDRIII and 2x1TB hardisk running RAID 0.

I sure hope it's the driver problem, at least there are hope of fixes for it
frown.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #449 of 1,958
Quote:

Oo, glad to hear there are ppl who have the same problem.(although it's not a good thing
frown.gif
)

mind telling me what is the spec of your computer?? I'm trying to rule out hardware conflict issue here
smily_headphones1.gif

Mine is an AMD Phenom II 955, Asus M4A78T-E mainboard, using the built-in graphic, 4GB DDRIII and 2x1TB hardisk running RAID 0.

I sure hope it's the driver problem, at least there are hope of fixes for it
frown.gif

Whoa, we have similar hardware!

AMD Phenom II 720
ASUS M4A78T-E Mobo
Using onboard plus discrete graphics (3 monitors)
2x2GB DDR3 1600
3x1.5TB RAID 5 connected to a PERC 6/i

When I emailed about the issue, I included a dxdiag so hopefully "Marco's programmer" is able to solve this if it's a hardware conflict.

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #450 of 1,958
oh god that's not what I wanted to hear
frown.gif

The culprit is most likely the motherboard, and now seeing that we have the exact same model, chances are it's likely one of the problem. I should email Marco about this.

Is there any other that is using this model of motherboard with hiFace??
frown.gif

EDIT: or rather, anyone who is using the hiface with a computer whose motherboard south bridge is consist of either of these three model SB600, SB700 or SB750.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back