TOUR CLOSED - US Head-Fi Tour: Empire Ears Legend X vs. Phantom TOTL CIEM Tour - Starting November 2018
Jul 10, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #151 of 225
I am in possession of the kit, from @guani360. Have not listened, but they will travel with me this weekend for much listening, and comparison with my UM Mentor v3 and CTM Da Vinci X.
Can't wait to hear your thoughts between the X and the Phantom as well as your v3. v3 is a very good set as well but a different signature if I remember correctly. In my perfect world, I would own all three. :)

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #152 of 225
I just received my new Noble Khan and very much look forward to comparing them to the tour models.

Jul 16, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #153 of 225
Got the kit from @ngoshawk and one thing I can say is that I can sure monkey around with the way the legend X sounds using EQ and MSEB on my hiby r6 pro. They're delightful for that reason alone....

The resolution on these is definitely a crowd pleaser, I'd compare it to listening to lightly airbrushed music versus the rawness of my RHA CL2. They're very forgiving for having such high resolution, to a point I've definitely not experienced until now.

Jul 17, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #154 of 225
Well, I gave the phantom the day. It's not bad by any means, but...... Back to the legend x. With this limited time opportunity, the choice seems clear to me where to dedicate my listening time.

Jul 20, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #155 of 225
Well, I gave the phantom the day. It's not bad by any means, but...... Back to the legend x. With this limited time opportunity, the choice seems clear to me where to dedicate my listening time.
I've got an incredible lineup of CIEMs but the X is getting most of my ear time right now. One of the best parts of it is how well it travels working well with my iPhone or my expensive DAPs giving me great flexibility on the road. Then it still scales nicely on my desktop taking it higher. The dual dynamic bass driver is addicting though and seems to keep getting better the more I use them. Love that X!

Jul 22, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #156 of 225
I've got an incredible lineup of CIEMs but the X is getting most of my ear time right now. One of the best parts of it is how well it travels working well with my iPhone or my expensive DAPs giving me great flexibility on the road. Then it still scales nicely on my desktop taking it higher. The dual dynamic bass driver is addicting though and seems to keep getting better the more I use them. Love that X!
I've now, sadly, sent them to @hung031086 but those Dynamic drivers create the best bass I've ever heard in any headphone/iem. They do everything else excellently as well so there aren't any perceivable tradeoffs. If I owned a pair it'd undoubtedly get most of my time...

At the same time, I'm not all that let down going back to my fearless S8f and RHA CL2 thanks to MSEB on my hiby r6 pro. A great experience hearing an aptly named legend.Thanks for the opportunity @Barra !

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #157 of 225
I received the tour kit today from @SciOC . Everything looks good.

CCACF981-993C-4D24-80D0-003BE2CDB163.jpeg

Jul 25, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #158 of 225
Jul 25, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #159 of 225
As the guy who followed you in the tour, I can say it was indeed a treat.

I honestly don't know where to go from here, I've never heard bass like that, and I didn't know I needed it until i heard it, but now I need it.... I can't even compare it to anything I've heard previously, it truly stands alone as far I've heard. I definitely am selling my ether CX after hearing them, there's no going back to THAT.

Aug 27, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #162 of 225
Looking forward to hearing these and giving my impression of the pairing with Venom, apologies if I've been a bit absent, I'm heavily involved in a new venture. I responded to Chad, If I've missed my place just bump me to the bottom of the list please.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #164 of 225
OOO. Id love to try the X again.

Denville, NJ. I agree to the terms of this tour. I was approved for another tour (Fearless).

it is nearing NJ, if i can't get in. No worries.

edit* silly me. locale doesnt matter. Ignore.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #165 of 225
OOO. Id love to try the X again.

Denville, NJ. I agree to the terms of this tour. I was approved for another tour (Fearless).

it is nearing NJ, if i can't get in. No worries.

edit* silly me. locale doesnt matter. Ignore.
You are added to the lineup. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back