TOUR CLOSED - US Head-Fi Tour: Empire Ears Legend X vs. Phantom TOTL CIEM Tour - Starting November 2018
Nov 12, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #196 of 225
just wanted to provide another update...

DAMN the LX are great!

...that is all.
You should hear the custom version, it takes it up another big notch with more detail and better-defined bass with more extension on both sides. I have it tied to my PWAudio 1950 cable which again takes it to another level taking down the warmth a little offering more soundstage and fine details. Then pushing it with the power of my desktop which manhandles those subwoofers takes its game even higher. :)

Nov 12, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #197 of 225
1950 is the best cable i've heard to date.

custom always ups bass, adds clarity, isolation, soundstage positioning...

i'll probably pick up a uni because my wife really likes this one, too. if i fall in love with it as much as the u/a18 sound sig, i may need to pick up a custom as well.

only other iem i really want to hear right now is the elysium...

Nov 18, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #199 of 225
I only used one set of small tips with the LX. Before shipping out, I took them off the iem and put them back in the bag.

Confirming I didn’t remove any tips from the kit. What I received is what I shipped out.

:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #200 of 225
I'm most impressed with Legend X bass. Upper frequencies, less as I don't find the upper frequencies to stand-out as anything ground breaking. Sounds like BA upper frequencies. In general, good tonal balance. Better than Anole VX, Z1R, or Elysium in tonal balance. Most interesting bass I think it's heard out of iems. It's quite significant in impact, with good articulation. Interestingly, the bass makes the iem most interesting to listen to. Bass is really fun to listen to. I'm not really a bass-head, but Legend X made me a basshead?

Phantom is really flat sounding in the upper frequencies, and on graph it's actually pretty flat. Not a fan of the Phantom.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #201 of 225
LX no question has the most powerful and exciting bass i've ever heard in an iem.

In this case, the 2 years of R&D to develop a dynamic driver really paid off.

Nov 20, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #202 of 225
LX no question has the most powerful and exciting bass i've ever heard in an iem.

In this case, the 2 years of R&D to develop a dynamic driver really paid off.
I'd have to compare the bass with Z1R side by side, but it seems almost the same with LX having greater impact. Z1R bass is pretty grandiose as well.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #203 of 225
I'd have to compare the bass with Z1R side by side, but it seems almost the same with LX having greater impact. Z1R bass is pretty grandiose as well.

Really??...

0D45231A-1474-4087-9EE1-8D03E73C9875.png

Nov 29, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #206 of 225
Sorry, due to Thanksgiving happening I'm a little late in posting I have received the tour kit from @SilverEars. Both IEM's, cases, two adaptors and 3 sets of eartips are included. I always only use my own tips for tours so these will be untouched by me.

I will now notify the next two participants as well.

Thanks @Barra!

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #209 of 225
From Jason: I live in Houston, TX and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour. I have been approved.
Added

Jan 3, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #210 of 225
I'm not in a hurry to receive the tour, but is there an update as to status?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back