TOUR CLOSED - US Head-Fi Tour: Empire Ears Legend X vs. Phantom TOTL CIEM Tour - Starting November 2018
Apr 17, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #121 of 225
Apr 20, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #122 of 225
Just confirming that I received the tour kit yesterday. Sent a PM to @Barra about my findings, but here are some details. There are some missing ear tips for the Phantoms. The 2.5mm to 3.5mm is indeed not working properly as previously reported. However, I’ve been testing with my own adapters and balanced source and found that there is a channel imbalance on the Phantom’s right earpiece. I’ve even tried swapping cables, adapters and tried several sources and the problem persists. There is also a slight rattling inside the right earpiece. Will await direction on following steps. There are no issues with the Legend X.

Apr 20, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #123 of 225
@eldss - Will put you in touch with Devon at EE to discuss testing and options on the Phantom.

Apr 22, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #124 of 225
Just providing an update. I'll be sending both units to EE to get checked. Will update when we receive them back to continue tour. Did get to enjoy the Legend X yesterday. I had actually auditioned these before and didn't like them, because they were way too bass heavy (burned @ 75 hrs I was told) and although the bass is still very prominent, I actually enjoyed them. Only wish there was an option to bring that bass by a little and that they had slightly faster bass, but they are really nice.

Question for anyone who has the custom version. Do you find the driver flex to be an issue w/ customs or is it down to the universal or maybe even dependent on tips used?

Apr 22, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #125 of 225
Just providing an update. I'll be sending both units to EE to get checked. Will update when we receive them back to continue tour. Did get to enjoy the Legend X yesterday. I had actually auditioned these before and didn't like them, because they were way too bass heavy (burned @ 75 hrs I was told) and although the bass is still very prominent, I actually enjoyed them. Only wish there was an option to bring that bass by a little and that they had slightly faster bass, but they are really nice.

Question for anyone who has the custom version. Do you find the driver flex to be an issue w/ customs or is it down to the universal or maybe even dependent on tips used?

Popping in :) -- driver flex is extremely dependent on an individual's ear canal and tip selection/fit with the universal. I find it to be more noticeable on the uni fit but it does also happen in customs too. My custom Nemesis have driver flex when I adjust the fit while they are in my ear, or during insertion/removal. We haven't had any drivers come back affected, but we are extending a lifetime warranty to any drivers that appear to have been damaged due to driver flex. Just for some added peace of mind!

Apr 30, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #127 of 225
Got one more update from EE. They will give them a nice deep clean and adjust a loose driver on the Phantom. Looks like tour will resume around the week of May 13th. I will update once they are on the way back.

May 9, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #129 of 225
I am thinking about buying one of these. Any way to get added to the tour?

May 9, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #130 of 225
I am thinking about buying one of these. Any way to get added to the tour?
Absolutely, just submit the verification documents mentioned in the rules to my email and I will add you. You will then be qualified for all my other tours as well. - Bill

May 9, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #131 of 225
Absolutely, just submit the verification documents mentioned in the rules to my email and I will add you. You will then be qualified for all my other tours as well. - Bill

Thanks! They are on my list for my next IEM and hearing them makes it easier to weigh against other options.

May 10, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #132 of 225
I will pass on the tour. Only 10 people in about 6 months. I would be number 30, so at this rate it will be a year before I see them. I was planning to buy in the next few months, but am not keen on ordering a custom if I have not heard them. Does Empire have a loaner program like 64 Audio?

May 10, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #134 of 225
Yes they do.

Awesome! I can get loaners for N8 and U12t from 64 Audio and Phantom and Legend X from Empire and listen to the entire JH Audio lineup on our way to vacation by leaving a day earlier to go to Nashville, TN. I love my Angie Universal, but want to sell it for a custom Angie and get another custom IEM as a different flavor to the Angie.

May 10, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #135 of 225
Awesome! I can get loaners for N8 and U12t from 64 Audio and Phantom and Legend X from Empire and listen to the entire JH Audio lineup on our way to vacation by leaving a day earlier to go to Nashville, TN. I love my Angie Universal, but want to sell it for a custom Angie and get another custom IEM as a different flavor to the Angie.

Keep in mind 64 audio asks for 50% of the MSRP on each iem as a deposit and empire asks for the full price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back