URGENT HELP NEEDED FOR HEADPHONES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST BOUGHT GRADO SR60i
Feb 21, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #31 of 38
If you want something similar Ultrasones are often considered the "closed Grado's". They are definitely more portable than the M50's and are better overall. The HFI 580 is a good place to start.

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #32 of 38
The Audio Technica ES7 is also considered to sound close to Grados, with pleeeenty of bass and aggressive signature. Just make sure they are legit.

Feb 21, 2011 at 6:07 AM Post #33 of 38
you have come to the right place to find information,  but have yet to look.           Read up first , buy second
basshead.gif

Feb 21, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #34 of 38
Boy you guys are harsh.  Don't forget that long ago you didn't know anything about headphones either.  
wink.gif

I don't think that moving up the line would help with the bass and treble issues, unless you can somehow get non-production headphones (HF-1, HF-1) or go all the way up to the RS-1.  They really do have stronger bass and smoother highs.  The mod sounds like one option, if you're brave and don't mind losing the ability to ever return the headphones.  Or go for another brand .

p.s. don't get closed headphone unless you absolutely need them.  I like SR225 just as much as D7000, one of the top bananas of the closed headphones.

Feb 21, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #35 of 38
He stated sound leakage was an issue.

And higher end closed headphones are very good even compared to many open back headphones. It comes to where there isn't really one better than the other, just a matter of preference.

Feb 22, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #36 of 38
The Grado's you have are the ticket to much better sound with just a few simple mods; like a few people already stated in this thread go over to the sr 60 mod thread started by bilavideo and weigh the options.  I think you will be pleasantly surprised by what you can do with a simple ballpoint pen...

Cheers,
Al

Feb 22, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #37 of 38
I absolutely love them for EDM. The bass is refined and puncy, certainly not basshead bass, so it doesn't muddle other fqs. They don't color the bass, either, which means it seems the bass comes out as it was mixed. Some songs on my Sonys had bass color that was unnatural and (I found out with these) was not as it was in the mix to begin with. They are dry (the best descriptor I have for the sensation), which I guess is to say "not warm" and "not dark" which I don't mind coming from my dark and warm v700djs. I have zero issues with them as portable cans. They fit easily around my neck and in my backpack and are no more bulky than many of the skullcandies I see littering campus. The coiled chord is shorter than the coiled chord on my v700s and when my DAP is in my pocket I find it to be perfect length. As an aside, I had no issues using my v700s as a portable either and they are similar size, so if you're familiar with common DJ cans then you know the size you'll be dealing with.

Quote:
All I listen to is EDM, so ure saying they are really good ? Lot of ppl in reviews have said that the M50 is too big for portable use......

Feb 23, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #38 of 38

Quote:
I absolutely love them for EDM. The bass is refined and puncy, certainly not basshead bass, so it doesn't muddle other fqs. They don't color the bass, either, which means it seems the bass comes out as it was mixed. Some songs on my Sonys had bass color that was unnatural and (I found out with these) was not as it was in the mix to begin with. They are dry (the best descriptor I have for the sensation), which I guess is to say "not warm" and "not dark" which I don't mind coming from my dark and warm v700djs. I have zero issues with them as portable cans. They fit easily around my neck and in my backpack and are no more bulky than many of the skullcandies I see littering campus. The coiled chord is shorter than the coiled chord on my v700s and when my DAP is in my pocket I find it to be perfect length. As an aside, I had no issues using my v700s as a portable either and they are similar size, so if you're familiar with common DJ cans then you know the size you'll be dealing with.

Thank you.....will look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back