URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
Jun 16, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #751 of 1,184
I’ll probably just get the UF since I got a $50 gift card, and would likely prefer the UF over the T2 Plus.

Jun 16, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #752 of 1,184
I’ll probably just get the UF since I got a $50 gift card, and would likely prefer the UF over the T2 Plus.
Sounds like a good choice. Hopefully they really have fixed their mmcx problems...

Jun 16, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #753 of 1,184
Why the hate for BGGAR I honestly enjoy his reviews and find his opinions logical too.
in my opinion he is not really a reviewer anymore. He is a ''character''.
I liked his reviews. But he went of my radar because of stuff like
'' after i rec'd urbanfun, they had to use other drivers because they sold all thé byrrilium ones to fast''
He can not prové that in anyway.
And i don't believe that either.
I also don't believe that he is not being sponsored. But thats an other story.

On topic, my urbanfun's are still on there way. Linsoul said to wait another 7days and then they Will refund.... I really want them to use on my K5 when it arrives

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #754 of 1,184
Why the hate for BGGAR I honestly enjoy his reviews and find his opinions logical too.
Best I don't regurgitate the drama here, you can find it on r/headphones if you want. But his review videos are terrible anyways and his relationship with Linsoul is questionable.

Jun 16, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #755 of 1,184
Besides, to not buy a potentially enjoyable IEM just because it was recommended by someone you don't like.. isn't exactly rational. You'd only shoot yourself in the foot that way.

in my opinion he is not really a reviewer anymore. He is a ''character''.
I liked his reviews. But he went of my radar because of stuff like
'' after i rec'd urbanfun, they had to use other drivers because they sold all thé byrrilium ones to fast''
He can not prové that in anyway.
And i don't believe that either.
I also don't believe that he is not being sponsored. But thats an other story.

On topic, my urbanfun's are still on there way. Linsoul said to wait another 7days and then they Will refund.... I really want them to use on my K5 when it arrives
For how long have you been waiting for your UFs already?

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #756 of 1,184
Besides, to not buy a potentially enjoyable IEM just because it was recommended by someone you don't like.. isn't exactly rational. You'd only shoot yourself in the food that way.

For how long have you been waiting for your UFs already?
It was mostly jokey. The QC issues, driver confusion and now raising the prices are bigger reasons. Urbanfun doesn't seem to have their crap together. I'm still interested, but will wait for a much better deal.

Jun 16, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #757 of 1,184

The UF iss014 is exceptional. Do get the Beryllium if possible. Best quality bass I have heard on an IEM.

Jun 16, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #759 of 1,184
Best I don't regurgitate the drama here, you can find it on r/headphones if you want. But his review videos are terrible anyways and his relationship with Linsoul is questionable.

Thus far, my tastes seem to align well with his, b/c his recs have not steered me wrong thus far. HOWEVER, it is always best to have as much info as possible, regarding possible conflicts of interest, etc. Less likely to get “tricked” into a bad purchase, or get caught up in too much hype. Head-if tends to provide a good buffer.

Jun 16, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #760 of 1,184
11/03/20..... And still counting :)
Damn, that sucks. On AliExpress, you can apply for refund if you don't receive anything within 90 days (used to be 60, but they changed it due to issues with Coronavirus I guess). I have made use of that service before and it worked out fine.

I hope that you either receive it soon, or get a refund from Linsoul. I have dealt with their customer service before and it was quite pleasant honestly. I ordered a Tin Hifi P1 from them and it arrived in a somewhat sorry state. They made good on it by giving me a free MMCX cable (worth 30 dollars at the time). But then again, I bought from them via Amazon at the time, maybe that made a difference (since it's easier to enforce proper customer service via Amazon).

Jun 16, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #761 of 1,184
Thus far, my tastes seem to align well with his, b/c his recs have not steered me wrong thus far. HOWEVER, it is always best to have as much info as possible, regarding possible conflicts of interest, etc. Less likely to get “tricked” into a bad purchase, or get caught up in too much hype. Head-if tends to provide a good buffer.

I'm like this, too. One source of information is not enough, especially when it comes to parting with hard-earned cash. We all need a buffer but since we are in this hobby and on this forum, I guess that is a given.

While I enjoy BGGAR's reviews, and from what I managed to hear of the earphones he's rec'd (Mangirds and BLONs-03) my impressions align with his quite well. Well enough to trust them, with said buffer. It is all a little convenient that Linsoul is so prominent in his recommendations, I am in part actually grateful as the value for money is unquestionable. But then, what kind of choice do you have if you're picking between Linsoul brands (mostly)? I'd like him to do some more x-brand comparisons.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #762 of 1,184
Got a new one from Linsoul to compare the new gray box official Be x lottery black box, after some coupons it wasn't that pricey. Tbh, I don't know what model I have, I just can imagine it's the Berillyum because of the good bass extension but let's see. :)

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #763 of 1,184
Listening to my TFZ NO.3 right now and really wondering if I need the YBF. Totally love the bass, mids and highs. Wondering if the Urbanfun is more a side grade to my already great sounding No.3?

Jun 17, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #764 of 1,184
Listening to my TFZ NO.3 right now and really wondering if I need the YBF. Totally love the bass, mids and highs. Wondering if the Urbanfun is more a side grade to my already great sounding No.3?

I was listening to my No. 3 and hour ago and was thinking the same thing. I ordered my UF on April 5th and they haven’t shown up yet I’m about to request a refund. I was thinking of trying the BLON BL 05 as a replacement but sometimes you have to just enjoy what you have and worry less about getting more gear. I think I’ll just order 2 cables during the AE sale and be done with it. The prices are nowhere near as good as they were in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back