URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
Jun 15, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #737 of 1,184
oops wrong thread

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #738 of 1,184
I ordered the Urbanfun ISSO14 way back in March from Aliexpress during their birthday sale,along with a Tripowin Zonie balanced cable; from DD AUDIO/LINSOUL. I got notification that my items were shipped, a day after I placed my order. Delivery date was expected to have been between 15-30 days, via free Aliexpress Standard shipping. Two weeks later, I got a message from the seller, saying the shipping company returned my order back to them, and they re shipped it via Singapore post. I received a new tracking number, but updates were poor to non existent. I've tried to be patient (knowing that there's a pandemic going on); but last week I asked for a refund. Thankfully, DD AUDIO STORE gave me a quick refund. I'm still really wanting to try this set with a balanced cable, but I can't bring myself to order this again from Aliexpress. This is the first time I've ever had a problem getting stuff from Aliexpress, but until this COVID19 stuff goes away, I think I'm just gonna stick with Amazon. Yeah, it's more expensive, but at least the shipping is faster and more reliable. I got a set of BLON BL03 in my cart right now, that I'm willing to try. I'm not sure that they will fit me well (I have deep ear canals and tend to like longer stems), but I've got a crap ton of tips and maybe even an extra balanced cable that will work with that set. In any case, I think it will be quite a while before I order anything from Aliexpress again. My last experience was very disappointing, to say the least. DD AUDIO STORE/LINSOUL were great and didn't give me a hassle providing me with an undisputed refund. I still rec them for the best in Chi-fi gear. But it's still hard to rec buying from Aliexpress, at this point in time. Currently, their shipping methods aren't reliable at this time.

Jun 15, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #739 of 1,184
So, you are saying that Linsoul and DD-Audio store are the same stores? I actually hadn't noticed that, since the price on Linsoul website is quite a bit higher.

Yup same store.

But the store DD-HiFi & DD-Official is another store of different people.
These other people are famous for making the premium 4.4mm<->2.5mm. And 4.4mm->3.5se adapters.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 12:55 AM Post #740 of 1,184
I ordered the Urbanfun ISSO14 way back in March from Aliexpress during their birthday sale,along with a Tripowin Zonie balanced cable; from DD AUDIO/LINSOUL. I got notification that my items were shipped, a day after I placed my order. Delivery date was expected to have been between 15-30 days, via free Aliexpress Standard shipping. Two weeks later, I got a message from the seller, saying the shipping company returned my order back to them, and they re shipped it via Singapore post. I received a new tracking number, but updates were poor to non existent. I've tried to be patient (knowing that there's a pandemic going on); but last week I asked for a refund. Thankfully, DD AUDIO STORE gave me a quick refund. I'm still really wanting to try this set with a balanced cable, but I can't bring myself to order this again from Aliexpress. This is the first time I've ever had a problem getting stuff from Aliexpress, but until this COVID19 stuff goes away, I think I'm just gonna stick with Amazon. Yeah, it's more expensive, but at least the shipping is faster and more reliable. I got a set of BLON BL03 in my cart right now, that I'm willing to try. I'm not sure that they will fit me well (I have deep ear canals and tend to like longer stems), but I've got a crap ton of tips and maybe even an extra balanced cable that will work with that set. In any case, I think it will be quite a while before I order anything from Aliexpress again. My last experience was very disappointing, to say the least. DD AUDIO STORE/LINSOUL were great and didn't give me a hassle providing me with an undisputed refund. I still rec them for the best in Chi-fi gear. But it's still hard to rec buying from Aliexpress, at this point in time. Currently, their shipping methods aren't reliable at this time.
DD store finally issued me a refund for my UF.. Saying that they had been returned twice.. I asked if they could reship by DHL at no additional cost considering the 3 month wait time and they declined although they said they had them in stock.... Too many lies and deceptions from this store... I guess being "patient guys" didn't help much in this case... Glad I got my money back though.

Jun 16, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #741 of 1,184
Well BGGAR just dropped a video confirming that all all new YBF(sold by linsoul) stock has QC issues fixed and are 100% berillium.

SInce ddaudio store(linsoul AliExpress store) is running a 11% discount on summer sale and coupled with 7$ off coupon (AMSUMMER7), this seemed too good a deal to be missed, so I jumped ship.

Also I have messaged the store to confirm if this is the new stock with the new packaging, I'll let you guys know if I get a reply.

EDIT: DD is definitely carrying the newest stock as confirmed over chat.
Screenshot_20200616-144034.png

Also later in the chat CS confirmed they will update the listing with new pictures and add that this is the newest stock.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #742 of 1,184
So that’s great that Urbanfun finally “fixed” the mmcx issues with the ISS014. But every time they’ve supposedly done this, they ratchet the price up another $10.

I paid $39 for my ISS014 when it was first released last year. That was the regular, non sale price.

Then when they “fixed” the problem the 1st time, the price went up to $49. Then $59. Now with new packaging (white cardboard box instead of black) it’s $69. Seriously?!

At that price, I they should have at least included a much better cable than the crap stock cable.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #743 of 1,184
So that’s great that Urbanfun finally “fixed” the mmcx issues with the ISS014. But every time they’ve supposedly done this, they ratchet the price up another $10.

I paid $39 for my ISS014 when it was first released last year. That was the regular, non sale price.

Then when they “fixed” the problem the 1st time, the price went up to $49. Then $59. Now with new packaging (white cardboard box instead of black) it’s $69. Seriously?!

At that price, I they should have included a much better cable than the crap stock cable.
Agreed I think it is a very scummy move.

Jun 16, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #744 of 1,184
Well BGGAR just dropped a video confirming that all all new YBF(sold by linsoul) stock has QC issues fixed and are 100% berillium.

SInce ddaudio store(linsoul AliExpress store) is running a 11% discount on summer sale and coupled with 7$ off coupon (AMSUMMER7), this seemed too good a deal to be missed, so I jumped ship.

Also I have messaged the store to confirm if this is the new stock with the new packaging, I'll let you guys know if I get a reply.

EDIT: DD is definitely carrying the newest stock as confirmed over chat.Screenshot_20200616-144034.png

Also later in the chat CS confirmed they will update the listing with new pictures and add that this is the newest stock.
unfortunately the discount code no longer works.

Jun 16, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #745 of 1,184

At that price, I they should have at least included a much better cable than the crap stock cable.
Do you think its worth the price still?
Or is there a better deal out there? Soundwise. I really enjoy blons.

Jun 16, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #746 of 1,184
Do you think its worth the price still?
Or is there a better deal out there? Soundwise. I really enjoy blons.

ISS014 will be more of a sidegrade than an upgrade from blon. It will depend on your sound signature preferences

Jun 16, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #747 of 1,184
I’m very tempted to try ordering it again, but now that it’s $10 more, I’m just wondering if it will be worth it (the money and potential trouble).

Jun 16, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #749 of 1,184

For what's worth, it's a bit cheaper now with the discount on AliExpress, which decreased the price to about $61. I do agree that it's a bit scummy to charge customers for their incompetence/oversight during quality control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back