URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
Apr 24, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #556 of 1,184
I picked up a set of the Urbanfun, mostly to see what the noise was about. Wasn't terribly impressed on first listen, equally worth the price. Left the IEM's playing on a notebook for several days, bass has really bloomed and they do now sound pretty good if you like bass. For $50 - $60 absolutely nothing to complain about whatsoever, they are not going to surpass high end gear by any means unless it's done badly but the Urbanfun are genuine IMO.

My YBF-ISS014 are the beryllium version, I've also swapped between the two cables several times with no issue.

Q-6

Apr 25, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #558 of 1,184
Could someone recommend me some good tips on AliExpress I could buy for these? Ofc the ones that are better than stock ones. Maybe dunu comply things?
I'm using spinfit's on my blon bl03 and Will be using them on urbanfun's as they finaly arive (order send 07/03/20 on linsoul....) I tried a lot of tips and spinfit's are pretty good. I also apply a verry smalle drop of baby oil on them if i really want an air tight fit for a much more intens listening session :p

Apr 25, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #559 of 1,184
I finally received my Urbanfuns yesterday from the UF store. Very nice first impressions. I am using Auvio tips on mine, although the stock tips are not bad. I will do some more comparisons with the Blons I own as well as compare them to the CCA C16 and KZ ZS10 PRO. I have no idea whether mine are Beryllium or not. I ordered them in February I think, and because of the COVID-19 mess, was only able to pick them up yesterday.

Apr 25, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #560 of 1,184
I finally received my Urbanfuns yesterday from the UF store. Very nice first impressions. I am using Auvio tips on mine, although the stock tips are not bad. I will do some more comparisons with the Blons I own as well as compare them to the CCA C16 and KZ ZS10 PRO. I have no idea whether mine are Beryllium or not. I ordered them in February I think, and because of the COVID-19 mess, was only able to pick them up yesterday.

If the sub bass has deeper extension than the ZS10 Pro, then they’re almost certainly the beryllium ones.

Apr 25, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #561 of 1,184
I'm using spinfit's on my blon bl03 and Will be using them on urbanfun's as they finaly arive (order send 07/03/20 on linsoul....) I tried a lot of tips and spinfit's are pretty good. I also apply a verry smalle drop of baby oil on them if i really want an air tight fit for a much more intens listening session :p
Which spinfits would work? Do you have a link?

Apr 25, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #562 of 1,184

Do you know if dipping tips into the creamy butter rolls of treble and improves bad timbre of YBF ? Sorry no bad intentions, I believe it improves the fit for you, simply had laugh while visualizing whole process :)

Apr 25, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #564 of 1,184
I think my ear canal is really tight because whenever I'll take the YBF off the CP145 is more prone to slip off compared to something with a tighter stem. It locks on the nozzle kinda loose compared to the MH755 /Sony Hybrids/Final E/JVC Spiral Dots/Auvio tips.

https://i.imgur.com/cP4m1in.mp4

I've record that trying to show how little strength it needs to slip off compared to the MH755 tips. I'd guess the CP100 will be tighter but I don't have them to test it.

Apr 26, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #565 of 1,184
I also have ordered blon 03. Is spinfit cp145 enough for it to get good seal? Also I have tips from gr07 and fake sony hybrids so those might be just enough idk. Those spinfits are not very cheap either

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #567 of 1,184
If the sub bass has deeper extension than the ZS10 Pro, then they’re almost certainly the beryllium ones.
I've got a set on the way also. Purchased from DD AUDIO store on Aliexpress on 03/28 during Anniversary sale. Shipping got delayed due to coronavirus problems, but are now on their way. I will also post impressions compared to ZS10 PRO when I get them and have spent some time with them. Hope the set I finally receive don't have QC issues, but I've bought a lot of stuff from Aliexpress and haven't got a dud yet.

Apr 26, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #568 of 1,184
Which spinfits would work? Do you have a link?

https://a.aliexpress.com/_dUgMnTR
I repeat i use these on blon's. Don't know fitment on urbanfun's.

Do you know if dipping tips into the creamy butter rolls of treble and improves bad timbre of YBF ? Sorry no bad intentions, I believe it improves the fit for you, simply had laugh while visualizing whole process :)
I know it sounds bizar, but if you look at it technical i don't think it is that stupid.
I use a really smalle squeeze bottle.
Put thé tiniest drop on thé tips and massage tip with my fingers, then insert them. It helps ME in a few ways, thé fitment and therefor the bass is better, it goes in my ear better, it makes it easyer for me to wear them for long sessions, and i have dry skin in my ears and it helps for that to. Win,win,win,win,win.
And i don't mind some sarcasme and i do like a good laugh so :beyersmile::L3000:

Apr 26, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #569 of 1,184

"Bad timbre of the YBF". The bad timbre of the YBF? What have you got. A monster pair????? The timbre of the YBF, like the Blon 03 before it, is one of it's great main successes. crap knows what you are listening to, but it's not a viable YBF, that's clear.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #570 of 1,184
Based on that, they probably are beryllium. Purchased from the UF store on AliExpress in early March.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back