URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
Apr 18, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #526 of 1,184
well the pair that i made a review on was a brutal bass monster, it seem that the later owners are not experiencing that, it is unit variation or different tuning all together with different driver
Bass is almost too good to be true with mine bought in December. No bleed but very present and very realistic. Bought it on your rec and it is the big brother of the Blob 03. A DD, timbre and tone factory with quality bass.

Apr 18, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #528 of 1,184
I had my Urbanfun for over a month now...And I love it, much more than the Blon3 ( I have 2 Blon3). I dont' know what people are talking about when they say that Urbanfun has quality issues. I always manhandled mine and never have any problems with it. Right now listening to "La chanson d'Helene" on Youtube by Misia and Iggy Pop, yes the Godfather of punk who nowadays only sings French songs!!!! ....Awsome!

Apr 18, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #529 of 1,184
I had my Urbanfun for over a month now...And I love it, much more than the Blon3 ( I have 2 Blon3). I dont' know what people are talking about when they say that Urbanfun has quality issues. I always manhandled mine and never have any problems with it. Right now listening to "La chanson d'Helene" on Youtube by Misia and Iggy Pop, yes the Godfather of punk who nowadays only sings French songs!!!! ....Awsome!

Try this with your Urbanfun and you will ask your self how a $60 IEM can handle such a track with authority!

Apr 19, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #530 of 1,184
Yes Yoshiko track it handles with authority as any other genre I put in, but it's a mess for me when it's starts to get more complex in around 1:13 till the pace is slowed and she is singing, after it mess again. On my other HP these messy parts are musical, more like you are in studio recording and vocal is reproduced way better

Personally I can't get through for such music with YBF, I even get a different approach that such song is no good on YBF and even highlights issues why I can't enjoy them, but that's just my opinion, most important thing is that you like it and track itself is really good :)

Apr 19, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #531 of 1,184
I guess some context is worth noting. My comparisons were made with hi-res and lossless classical and opera recordings. I'm always interested in the accuracy of the reproduction of natural and complex acoustical music (I know recordings aren't going to be truly natural but you get the idea). My sensibilities won't be the same as another guy's. As I said, variation among commenters seems to be a very likely explanation for a lot of this, but that's nothing new. These are good earphones, more than good enough for streaming YouTube, but I would rather have saved my money.

Apr 19, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #532 of 1,184
Gotta say, these interactions is what makes this forum/thread both interesting and fun. And over time, can help one better understand their preferred signature and how that might be presented via different equipment, so wanted to say thanks for the conversation and keep it going - very interesting.

Apr 19, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #533 of 1,184
I guess some context is worth noting. My comparisons were made with hi-res and lossless classical and opera recordings. I'm always interested in the accuracy of the reproduction of natural and complex acoustical music (I know recordings aren't going to be truly natural but you get the idea). My sensibilities won't be the same as another guy's. As I said, variation among commenters seems to be a very likely explanation for a lot of this, but that's nothing new. These are good earphones, more than good enough for streaming YouTube, but I would rather have saved my money.

For such music if you don't mind over ears, I would strongly recommend oppo pm3, reproduction of instruments, vocals are so beautiful. Myself not a big fan of classical music, but checked "Classical Music for Reading" on youtube and pm3 are just on another level, when violin plays at the beginning you "can" argue, YBF has more presence, but sounds more thin, while on pm3 violin just dances above piano notes, way more balanced and musical presentation and when further on piano goes on solo it's just a game over for YBF. PM3 lack a bit of spark in treble region and for some people who are used for more exciting sound signature(with more boom and treble) this can be seen boring, but the tradeoff is that you can get lost in music for long listening sessions without a glimpse of getting tired. They are very neutral hp and will give you an impression of good studio recording sessions, these hp really shaped my music taste and If i press play on "Takuya Kurode - Everybody loves the sunshine" I'm gone for 9min...

Regards opera I can't advise much as it might need "big" sounding hp with huge soundstage and PM3 are intimate, but in a good way. I saw them going for 200$ in nearly mint condition on hi-fi forum, which is a steal and they got sold quickly. If you enjoy instrumental/bands/artists performing and don't mind over ears that's way better approach to save a bit for pm3 when it shows up, instead of buying multiple cheap iem's. I even tried way more expensive IEM's, none of them came close to such a real sound reproduction.

There is a review done on youtube by Tyll himself

Apr 20, 2020 at 1:21 AM Post #534 of 1,184
I spoke to Linsoul today as I have an order that should be shipped sometime next week. They confirmed their version was the Berillyum. They say that production has been quite slow. I am curious about all this QC issues talk but also intrigued cause it doesn't seem like someone had two units that were wildly different unless I am mistaken?

Basically, what are the chances it's down to preferences rather than actual build quality? For instance, I have a couple of BLON03 and they are very consistent. This said there are things I dislike about BLON. Doesn't mean there's a fault with my units. Just trying to understand the elements available here as it all seems quite confusing with lots of theories going around. Any extra info would be helpful as I might cancel my order if there are big issues. Thanks

Apr 20, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #536 of 1,184
I got it and it sounds amazing. So yeah it does seem like the QC issues are quite random indeed.

Apr 20, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #537 of 1,184
I got it and it sounds amazing. So yeah it does seem like the QC issues are quite random indeed.

Like you I have one that sounds amazing. I'm sure many won't believe us when we say that. Same with the Blon 03, some get 'bad' versions and think it's all hype. The Urbanfun is so good.

Apr 20, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #538 of 1,184
Known QC issues are about the quality of the MMCX connection not on how they sound. My three pairs all sound equivalently good to me. Some people love them and some hate them is more likely IMO.

Apr 20, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #540 of 1,184
Good to hear.. The amazing part.. Lol
yeah, burning them in right now and then I will listen to them more and then I will make my review on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back