URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
Apr 20, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #542 of 1,184
I doubt that the sound quality differs depending on the unit, unless they used different drives which doesn't fit into logic for me. With YBF most important fact is what type of music you are feeding it and in that regard reviews can vary A LOT. For pop/hip-hop/music/mainstream music YBF will be amazing, backdrifter in the comments above listens to classical/opera and I'm not surprised why he is not so happy with it's purchase

Apr 20, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #543 of 1,184
Oh btw which tips are best used with urbanfuns?

Whatever works best for you I guess. I'm using the large Acoustune AE07 tips that came bundled with my HS 1551 CU.

Apr 20, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #544 of 1,184
I doubt that the sound quality differs depending on the unit, unless they used different drives which doesn't fit into logic for me.

Ummmm, the Urbanfun ISS014 is available with 2 different drivers (and has been since it was first released).

1EB1ECAB-D869-42F9-9C1F-E24A1AE2E592.gif

And yes, each driver version sounds different.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/urbanfun-ybf-iss014-impressions-thread.921709/page-27#post-15535999

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #545 of 1,184
Apr 20, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #546 of 1,184
Ummmm, the Urbanfun ISS014 is available with 2 different drivers (and has been since it was first released).

And yes, each driver sounds different.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/urbanfun-ybf-iss014-impressions-thread.921709/page-27#post-15535999

Sorry I've really missed that post, only saw few people talking about different sounding YBF, believed it and shook that idea off as it seemed illogical for me. They should market it a bit differently or maybe it's mixed in a shady production line and basically urbafun themselves are not aware with what driver YBF is finally packed into the box.

It's a good review, from its description it seems that "most" likely I got beryllium one. Either way as you mentioned differences are subtle and I wouldn't recommend these for all type of music tastes, but they are good at what they do

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #547 of 1,184
I guess people ignored him but ErkH already measured both versions, they aren't that different at all.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/urbanfun-ybf-iss014-impressions-thread.921709/page-35#post-15563759

It sucks because people with a different taste will be called out for having a different driver now when in fact, it is a matter of personal preference. If the Be and Non-Be are completely different breeding, ok, but it does not seem to be the case.

Well, as I mentioned in my post, the difference is subtle, and primarily with the sub bass. But they sound different nonetheless.

Apr 20, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #548 of 1,184
Sorry I've really missed that post, only saw few people talking about different sounding YBF, believed it and shook that idea off as it seemed illogical for me. They should market it a bit differently or maybe it's mixed in a shady production line and basically urbafun themselves are not aware with what driver YBF is finally packed into the box.

It's a good review, from its description it seems that "most" likely I got beryllium one. Either way as you mentioned differences are subtle and I wouldn't recommend these for all type of music tastes, but they are good at what they do

Well, in their defense, they were totally upfront and transparent when ordering the urbanfun from Taobao. They weren’t trying to be shady; on Taobao you simply selected which driver you wanted (beryllium or noble metal), and what color cable you wanted (pink or grey) and that’s all there was to it.

What got all FUBAR was when it was added to Aliexpress. The Aliexpress sellers didn’t offer the option of choosing which driver type you wanted. You got whatever version they decided to supply (which seemed to be the beryllium in most cases).

But regardless, it caused nothing but confusion and frustration (and understandably so).

Apr 20, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #549 of 1,184
That explains as I bought it from aliexpress and signature fits more beryllium description. Just curious how sound quality varies between IEM's itself, bought t2, ybf - even though their sound signature is different, but they deliver similar performance.

I know it's a wet dream, but would be interesting to see what is the cost ratio for the big company to deliver their whole spectrum of hp
In my head for the $$$ to the sound quality it should go Openbacks>Closed backs> IEMS

Apr 21, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #550 of 1,184
Am I the only one that thinks that this graph on the Blon 03 vs ISS014 is not what you are hearing?

graph (6).png

On the graph it looks like the ISS014 is brighter and have more treble quantity but I find that to be the opposite when listening to them.

Apr 21, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #551 of 1,184
Am I the only one that thinks that this graph on the Blon 03 vs ISS014 is not what you are hearing?

On the graph it looks like the ISS014 is brighter and have more treble quantity but I find that to be the opposite when listening to them.
Maybe read this book on kindle

No Self, No Problem: How Neuropsychology Is Catching Up to Buddhism

Left brain can lead you a merry dance. Graphs, categories , lists, measurements, have their place......... but are not what you hear.

Apr 21, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #552 of 1,184
Maybe read this book on kindle

No Self, No Problem: How Neuropsychology Is Catching Up to Buddhism

Left brain can lead you a merry dance. Graphs, categories , lists, measurements, have their place......... but are not what you hear.
yeah just wanted to confirm it, thanks.

Apr 21, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #553 of 1,184
Apr 21, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #554 of 1,184

graph (6).png

Well, you've changed the filter on your blon for one without the cloth tuning. Dunno if it's a fair comparison.

Apr 21, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #555 of 1,184
Well, you've changed the filter on your blon for one without the cloth tuning. Dunno if it's a fair comparison.
Yeah I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back