URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
Apr 26, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #571 of 1,184
I also have ordered blon 03. Is spinfit cp145 enough for it to get good seal? Also I have tips from gr07 and fake sony hybrids so those might be just enough idk. Those spinfits are not very cheap either
I use wide bore tips with the 03, Azla sedna and JVC Spiral dots works good.

Apr 26, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #573 of 1,184
"Bad timbre of the YBF". The bad timbre of the YBF? What have you got. A monster pair????? The timbre of the YBF, like the Blon 03 before it, is one of it's great main successes. crap knows what you are listening to, but it's not a viable YBF, that's clear.

Well I listen mainly to live sessions or LP rips from 60's-till mid 80's, for me YBF shines in bass area, detail retrieval, clean sound. Maybe I'm a bit spoiled, as I said before my pm3 headhpones wins easily in timbre reproduction, vocals.. Don't need to be offended I'm not saying it's a bad iem for it's price, it just not up for the things I'm looking in sound. When I compared YBF to apple earphones, YBF is step ahead, but I'm not knowledgable of the quality of sound that IEM's can bring to the table. I've ordered earsonics em10 which should arrive next week and I will have a better picture of IEM's sound-quality across wider range

Maybe mine YBF is fake ? it's says urbanfun on the back of each plug and I've ordered it from aliexpress

Attachments

• 94975796_235405584331901_6850312802343583744_n.jpg
    94975796_235405584331901_6850312802343583744_n.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #574 of 1,184
Alright then I will get wide bore (5.5 mm) spinfit cp155 Ezla seems to be 5.4
NO NO NO, thats not what I mean by wide bore.
1587905108376.png
The marked part is the wide bore. What you are thinking about is the stem size. The CP145 fits most of my stuff but the CP155 is too big.

Apr 26, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #575 of 1,184
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dUgMnTR
I repeat i use these on blon's. Don't know fitment on urbanfun's.

I know it sounds bizar, but if you look at it technical i don't think it is that stupid.
I use a really smalle squeeze bottle.
Put thé tiniest drop on thé tips and massage tip with my fingers, then insert them. It helps ME in a few ways, thé fitment and therefor the bass is better, it goes in my ear better, it makes it easyer for me to wear them for long sessions, and i have dry skin in my ears and it helps for that to. Win,win,win,win,win.
And i don't mind some sarcasme and i do like a good laugh so :beyersmile::L3000:

It’s not bizarre at all. What you’re doing is a DIY version of oto lubricant.

Oto lubricants are very common with custom hearing aides and custom IEMs. As you mentioned, they help with the insertion and removal, as well as improve the seal. It also reduces irritation and inflammation of the delicate ear canal.

https://www.westone.com/store/music/oto-ease

https://pro.meeaudio.com/easy-wear-oto-gel-ear-lubricant.html

Apr 26, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #576 of 1,184
Well I listen mainly to live sessions or LP rips from 60's-till mid 80's, for me YBF shines in bass area, detail retrieval, clean sound. Maybe I'm a bit spoiled, as I said before my pm3 headhpones wins easily in timbre reproduction, vocals.. Don't need to be offended I'm not saying it's a bad iem for it's price, it just not up for the things I'm looking in sound. When I compared YBF to apple earphones, YBF is step ahead, but I'm not knowledgable of the quality of sound that IEM's can bring to the table. I've ordered earsonics em10 which should arrive next week and I will have a better picture of IEM's sound-quality across wider range

Maybe mine YBF is fake ? it's says urbanfun on the back of each plug and I've ordered it from aliexpress

I doubt if you have a fake, but there are known QC issues. Of course we all have different tastes for, IEM's, music, life, meaning etc.....but the general concensus is that the timbre of the YBF is quite realistic and accurate, so I was surprised that you pulled bad timbre out. If you though there was too much bass, not enough detail, or you prefer BA's to DDs, or prefer Planar or Piezo drivers, I would fully get it. But timbre is a strong point of the YBF. It would be interesting if, one day, you could make a comparison listen with an early Beryllium version of the YBF as the YBF you are talking about seems to be totally different to the one I have. The timbre of the YBF and the Blon 03 are the best I've heard from any IEMs I've listened too.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #577 of 1,184
"Bad timbre of the YBF". The bad timbre of the YBF? What have you got. A monster pair????? The timbre of the YBF, like the Blon 03 before it, is one of it's great main successes. crap knows what you are listening to, but it's not a viable YBF, that's clear.
What's the point of this? You don't think he knows what he has, or he doesn't have a valid opinion? He's not the only one who doesn't feel the hype has matched reality for these.

Apr 26, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #578 of 1,184
What's the point of this? You don't think he knows what he has, or he doesn't have a valid opinion? He's not the only one who doesn't feel the hype has matched reality for these.
Exactly......and I have a different opinion to you......just expressing my opinion. Like you. What's your point?

Apr 26, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #579 of 1,184
Exactly......and I have a different opinion to you......just expressing my opinion. Like you. What's your point?
You were raising doubt about what he has. Do I need to quote you? My point is that you can have an opinion without putting someone on the defensive.

Apr 26, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #580 of 1,184
You were raising doubt about what he has. Do I need to quote you? My point is that you can have an opinion without putting someone on the defensive.
He's not on the defensive.......you are. He is quite capable of responding, which he did again, and I responded to what he wrote....fairly.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #582 of 1,184
I doubt if you have a fake, but there are known QC issues. Of course we all have different tastes for, IEM's, music, life, meaning etc.....but the general concensus is that the timbre of the YBF is quite realistic and accurate, so I was surprised that you pulled bad timbre out. If you though there was too much bass, not enough detail, or you prefer BA's to DDs, or prefer Planar or Piezo drivers, I would fully get it. But timbre is a strong point of the YBF. It would be interesting if, one day, you could make a comparison listen with an early Beryllium version of the YBF as the YBF you are talking about seems to be totally different to the one I have. The timbre of the YBF and the Blon 03 are the best I've heard from any IEMs I've listened too.

It's ok guys, well everyone is looking for different things in sound. True I'm used to planar sound, but putting timbre as a strength for YBF doesn't click with me. Maybe for edm/pop music it's good enough. I could get through with drums, though high hat's lacking realness for me, weakest point is guitars, piano, some part of vocals when I match them against my pm3. But these differences makes a huge difference for the music that I listen to, with YBF aggressive approach and "compressed?" sounding parts of instruments(don't even know how to put correctly in words...) the emotion for music is lost. If you go few pages back one member posted a track and that he loves how YBF handles it with authority, that was the same way I felt and I hated it, but what's someones advantage can be others disadvantage. Some love that approach, others are fan of bass, I love natural, "live like sound", where I could capture instruments and "feel" off the track. I talked with one band member , who is a sound geek and he said that such qualities are found only in high tier of IEM, which may be not true, but I haven't found such testing many hyped releases. That's is the main reason why I decided to blow my wallet for earsonics

Apr 26, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #583 of 1,184
20200426_155722.jpg
QC problem solved :grin:

BTW, you may find that one mmcx cable fits the ISS014 more securely than another.

I have a few IEMs that only work with specific cables (or don’t work with specific cables, if you will).

Apr 26, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #584 of 1,184
It's ok guys, well everyone is looking for different things in sound. True I'm used to planar sound, but putting timbre as a strength for YBF doesn't click with me. Maybe for edm/pop music it's good enough. I could get through with drums, though high hat's lacking realness for me, weakest point is guitars, piano, some part of vocals when I match them against my pm3. But these differences makes a huge difference for the music that I listen to, with YBF aggressive approach and "compressed?" sounding parts of instruments(don't even know how to put correctly in words...) the emotion for music is lost. If you go few pages back one member posted a track and that he loves how YBF handles it with authority, that was the same way I felt and I hated it, but what's someones advantage can be others disadvantage. Some love that approach, others are fan of bass, I love natural, "live like sound", where I could capture instruments and "feel" off the track. I talked with one band member , who is a sound geek and he said that such qualities are found only in high tier of IEM, which may be not true, but I haven't found such testing many hyped releases. That's is the main reason why I decided to blow my wallet for earsonics

What you say just doesn't match the Urbanfuns I have.............just a different sound....and that's besides personal taste coming in to it. What I think we can all agree on is the QC in general of ChiFi IEMs is poor enough that we could be debating apples and oranges. They can be that different and its obvious the YBF has very poor QC.

Apr 26, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #585 of 1,184

I understand that your only reference is the Oppo PM3 over ears which you've been listening to exclusively for years, is that right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back