URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
Apr 30, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #601 of 1,184
I finally got a pair in ordered a long time ago from Linsoul... one of the supposed beryllium driver sets. Tried a few tips of my own I have around, and am not hearing this pair as anything special. I don't know if I got a dud or something, but it's **significantly** less resolving and quite muddier than my pair of BL-03 (maybe conversely I got an uncharacterically great set of the BLONs?). The bass is not as clean, the sense of space is more closed in, and the highs are far more rolled off. At this point I don't think any amount of burn in will take it to a level above the BL-03. Wondering if this is QC/ unit variation, but in any case I think I'm going to process a return.

Apr 30, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #602 of 1,184
I might be wrong but I don't think you can truly judge a custom without having it shelled for your ears.

yes I think I’ll look into reshel, as it doesnt seal properly and I less ambient noise
iso than YBF, might be the reason why bass sound out of tune

Apr 30, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #603 of 1,184
These have been gathering dust on my shelf for months and I finally decided to give them a proper listen... And Im glad that I did. Selling this good sounding IEM for roughly $40 (or thats what I about paid for them) is nearly illegal. :astonished: Like BL-03 with more oomph.

Last edited:
May 6, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #604 of 1,184
Drop was supposed to have shipped these to customers as of yesterday, but they sent an email indicating they are still facing delays, and that they'll cancel all orders in 30 days if they still haven't shipped by then. I just decided to cancel my order now.

May 7, 2020 at 1:59 AM Post #605 of 1,184
I finally got a pair in ordered a long time ago from Linsoul... one of the supposed beryllium driver sets. Tried a few tips of my own I have around, and am not hearing this pair as anything special. I don't know if I got a dud or something, but it's **significantly** less resolving and quite muddier than my pair of BL-03 (maybe conversely I got an uncharacterically great set of the BLONs?). The bass is not as clean, the sense of space is more closed in, and the highs are far more rolled off. At this point I don't think any amount of burn in will take it to a level above the BL-03. Wondering if this is QC/ unit variation, but in any case I think I'm going to process a return.
I dont' know why it is that way for you and a lot of people who bought the Urbanfun....I am using foam tips with the big hole.....the synergy with the Ibasso 220 amp 9 is out of this world!!!!!

May 8, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #606 of 1,184
I've decided this is the last time I will ever order anything from Linsoul. Absolutely horrendous experience purchasing from them. I've literally waited 2 entire months for my pair now. Yes yes, Covid-19, cancelled flights etc. I've asked for a refund 3 times already but they keep telling me to wait a few more days. Shipment tracking hasn't updated since April 23rd. It's stuck, and probably lost at an airport in Hong Kong.

What a ****ing joke.

May 8, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #607 of 1,184
I've decided this is the last time I will ever order anything from Linsoul. Absolutely horrendous experience purchasing from them. I've literally waited 2 entire months for my pair now. Yes yes, Covid-19, cancelled flights etc. I've asked for a refund 3 times already but they keep telling me to wait a few more days. Shipment tracking hasn't updated since April 23rd. It's stuck, and probably lost at an airport in Hong Kong.

What a ****ing joke.

Everything I’ve ordered from Aliexpress around that same time has been delayed 2 months now. From about 10 different vendors.

So it’s not their fault.

Assuming Linsoul gave you a legit tracking number, it’s in the hands of the shipping companies now. That’s who you should be mad at. As well as China’s and your country’s customs departments. They are holding things up as well.

For me, that’s Cainiao, China Post, Yanwen, and SunYou.

It will show up eventually.

Last edited:
May 8, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #608 of 1,184

What a ****ing joke.

I am sorry you've had such a bad experience, and in your shoes I might feel the very same way! I've ordered several items from Linsoul, even in the last several months, and always have been happy with their service and responsiveness. But everyone has different experiences. I hope one day you will find something from them that you really want and are delighted by their service!

Last edited:
May 8, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #609 of 1,184
Everything I’ve ordered from Aliexpress around that same time has been delayed 2 months now. From about 10 different vendors.

So it’s not their fault.

Assuming Linsoul gave you a legit tracking number, it’s in the hands of the shipping companies now. That’s who you should be mad at. As well as China’s and your country’s customs departments. They are holding things up as well.

For me, that’s Cainiao, China Post, Yanwen, and SunYou.

It will show up eventually.
I still have an order in transit from an AliExpress seller that shall not be named. The order was placed on February 6. The sent me a second shipping notice on April 14. I suspect the first shipment was lost somehow. This hobby has its frustrations.

May 9, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #610 of 1,184
I'm in thé same boat. Placed order on 07/03 on linsoul, order shipped +-15/04, and it's ''handed over to airlines'' on 23/04. Still waiting for An update. It's anoying, but there is nobody that can do anything. Mailed linsoul a few times( for this and other orders!) And they are always quick with responding(+-1 business day) so i don't look angry at linsoul, they can't do anything ( urbanfun was unable to delivery in thé first place, and then it's thé shipping company's problem....)

May 11, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #611 of 1,184

What a ****ing joke.

FYI i got my YBFs after 1.5 mths, the problem was my country's postal facility was closed for 2 days due to quarantine, then the shipment got bounced. They sent it again, this time it was stuck in hong kong for awhile. Apparently on may 4th, HK restricted Airmail, apart from sea and air express deliveries. So expect a good delay.

On a side note, the MMCX socket on my left YBF failed today after 3 days of bliss.....emailed Linsoul for now..

edit: it works again...but the mmcx just doesn't click for some reason..rather hold it with tape than send the whole thing back..

Last edited:
May 11, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #612 of 1,184
FYI i got my YBFs after 1.5 mths, the problem was my country's postal facility was closed for 2 days due to quarantine, then the shipment got bounced. They sent it again, this time it was stuck in hong kong for awhile. Apparently on may 4th, HK restricted Airmail, apart from sea and air express deliveries. So expect a good delay.

On a side note, the MMCX socket on my left YBF failed today after 3 days of bliss.....emailed Linsoul for now..

edit: it works again...but the mmcx just doesn't click for some reason..rather hold it with tape than send the whole thing back..

Maybe this is a fix for thé problem?
If it's not thé cable look for fixing mmcx connector on YouTube.
Hope this helps,
I'm still waiting for my set....
Thé hype train is far gone by now and i hear there are other hype trains comming :p

May 11, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #613 of 1,184
I am taking notes for my review but one thing is clear as a whistle - Blon BL03 is dethroned.
The ISSO14 is a bit more expensive but the insane price to performance ratio is in full effect.
UF compared to BL03 - it is faster, cleaner, the imaging is improved, with better fit and packaging. Stock cable and tips are very nice so purchasing aftermarket cable and tips is not necessary. More technical overall. Tonality wise it is close - UF has a tad less upper mids and mid bass, tad more sub bass, BL03 has a peak at 8khz (is not large and annoying) UF has it higher (around 10khz), so treble sound a bit different. Soundstage wise BL03 has better dept, both are wide but UF is taller.
I would like to thank @Bui Hai Anh for bringing the UF to my attention.
Publique sus impresiones aquí.
IMG_20191221_165427.jpg IMG_20191010_164843.jpg
[/CITAR]
Hi, im looking for a pair of in ear or over ear. Its for my brother, he will use it for gaming and music. I should buy something like a QKZ VK4 or other excellent price/quality, or a pair of over ear. Not more than 50$ bugs! Thanks

May 12, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #614 of 1,184
20200512_165710.jpg

Using micropore tape, it fixes the QC problem and doesnt feel strange for your ears. Also avoids the typical mmcx spin that is annoying. Only downside is that it gets Semi-nondetachable since you have to remove the tape to change cables.

May 12, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #615 of 1,184
20200512_165710.jpg
Using micropore tape, it fixes the QC problem and doesnt feel strange for your ears. Also avoids the typical mmcx spin that is annoying. Only downside is that it gets Semi-nondetachable since you have to remove the tape to change cables.
Not sure if this might resolve the QC problem at least for my case which the right piece is totally dead. My hunch is the problem might not be only the connector issue.

I got the replacement from the seller for the right earpiece anyway. As of now, i refrain from swapping the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back