URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
Jan 26, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #91 of 1,184
Well, once the new Blons are out I give you my 100% personal guarantee that something else will be released that will tempt you.

It’s a never ending cycle. There will always be something better or more promising on the horizon :)

That's why I want to quit.

...except for buds :)

Jan 26, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #92 of 1,184
Well, once the new Blons are out I give you my 100% personal guarantee that something else will be released that will tempt you.

It’s a never ending cycle. There will always be something better or more promising on the horizon :)
U got me there bro :joy:

Jan 26, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #93 of 1,184
@chickenmoon well the diamond looks very similar to the tfz no.3 which isn't comfortable to me and too big.

Jan 26, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #94 of 1,184
@chickenmoon well the diamond looks very similar to the tfz no.3 which isn't comfortable to me and too big.

They are very similar indeed, if No3 is uncomfortable for you then the Diamond is very likely to be too.

Jan 26, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #95 of 1,184
It's got more bass than you seem to think, I think sub-bass is as good as the UrbanFun or almost but is a bit shadowed by the mid-bass.

Well that’s good to know.

I just remember the impressions I’ve seen so far saying stuff like “I like them/they’re pretty good/blah blah”, but then they add in “but they’re bass light

I can definitely tell that the build quality is excellent though.

Jan 26, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #96 of 1,184
That's why I want to quit.

...except for buds :)

We’ll see how long my self-imposed 2020 break will last. Luckily, I bought enough stuff in December to hopefully carry me for a while, so I should be able to resist most things that come along lol

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #97 of 1,184
Well that’s good to know.

I just remember the impressions I’ve seen so far saying stuff like “I like them/they’re pretty good/blah blah”, but then they add in “but they’re bass light

I can definitely tell that the build quality is excellent though.

I think @Otto Motor wrote they still got more bass than he'd like. I guess it all depends on how much bass one likes but to me they certainly don't strike me as being a bass light IEM.

Jan 26, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #98 of 1,184
I like the Blon 03 a lot. But I tend instinctively to pick up the Urbanfun YBF-ISS014. The timbre and tone are realistic and musical give a sense of sub-bass and have a very present treble which is fatigue free. I would recommend to Blon 03 lovers. The YBF-ISS014 is a little better than the Blon 03... IMHO.

Jan 26, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #99 of 1,184
I like the Blon 03 a lot. But I tend instinctively to pick up the Urbanfun YBF-ISS014. The timbre and tone are realistic and musical give a sense of sub-bass and have a very present treble which is fatigue free. I would recommend to Blon 03 lovers. The YBF-ISS014 is a little better than the Blon 03... IMHO.

I reach for it over my Blons as well. Not that I don’t love the Blons - I do and even have 2 pairs. But I like the Urbanfuns more.

A lot of people seem to just be assuming that the new Blons BL05 are going to be an automatic home run. But I don’t know if people realize they have a piezo tweeter in them. And those can go either way, good or bad.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #100 of 1,184
I think @Otto Motor wrote they still got more bass than he'd like. I guess it all depends on how much bass one likes but to me they certainly don't strike me as being a bass light IEM.
Hmm...which earphone are you referring to I found too bassy? Diamonds have slightly more than I want, but it is not too bad. The nice cable was selected by yours truly together with a co-blogger. We did a real shootout.

Jan 27, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #101 of 1,184
Hmm...which earphone are you referring to I found too bassy? Diamonds have slightly more than I want, but it is not too bad. The nice cable was selected by yours truly together with a co-blogger. We did a real shootout.

Yes, I meant the Diamonds.

Jan 27, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #102 of 1,184
I have had these for a week now and I believe they are now my favourite IEM. There's just nothing they do wrong really. Overall tonality is excellent with a smooth and slightly dark sound that reminds me of my Senn HD600. The bass is deep and powerful but only when called for. Mids are slightly forward but not too much. The treble is smooth, detailed and never harsh or sibilant. Great build quality with a comfortable shell, a good enough cable and a nice small carrying case to top it off.

Highly recommended!

Jan 27, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #103 of 1,184
I have had these for a week now and I believe they are now my favourite IEM. There's just nothing they do wrong really. Overall tonality is excellent with a smooth and slightly dark sound that reminds me of my Senn HD600. The bass is deep and powerful but only when called for. Mids are slightly forward but not too much. The treble is smooth, detailed and never harsh or sibilant. Great build quality with a comfortable shell, a good enough cable and a nice small carrying case to top it off.

Highly recommended!

They are hidden gems for sure. Seriously.

Jan 27, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #104 of 1,184
They are hidden gems for sure. Seriously.

If we are still talking about the Urbanfun, I knew they were special the minute I heard them. When I put them in my list, my comment was Wow, just Wow! I stand by that.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #105 of 1,184
If we are still talking about the Urbanfun, I knew they were special the minute I heard them. When I put them in my list, my comment was Wow, just Wow! I stand by that.

Yes, we’re still talking about the UF.

Also, I’m honestly glad BGGAR isn’t going to review them. Then people can’t accuse them of being a hype train. The UF will remain our quiet little secret :)

D426DF19-27FD-4156-B138-F715249675C0.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back