URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
Jul 2, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #811 of 1,184
I'm giving up! As i already explained here, my order got Lost or something ( order placed 11/03/20) got in contact with linsoul, they wanted to reship it, did pay 15€ for fast shipment, DHL F#€_&ed up, item send on 22/06, arived in Belgium on 26/06 and got halted for no real reason at thé moment. Did contact linsoul and DHL, item was on it's way.... Today made a phonecall to DHL and i had to pay import tax (27€) went to thé depot, payed it.... Got thé iem's..... Got home, plugged in my balanced mmcx cable i bought for my tin hifi t3 waaaay back.... And right earpiece has no sound..... I have to wigle thé plug hard to get Any sound..... Pfffffffff
This is a verry expensive joke.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #812 of 1,184
I'm giving up! As i already explained here, my order got Lost or something ( order placed 11/03/20) got in contact with linsoul, they wanted to reship it, did pay 15€ for fast shipment, DHL F#€_&ed up, item send on 22/06, arived in Belgium on 26/06 and got halted for no real reason at thé moment. Did contact linsoul and DHL, item was on it's way.... Today made a phonecall to DHL and i had to pay import tax (27€) went to thé depot, payed it.... Got thé iem's..... Got home, plugged in my balanced mmcx cable i bought for my tin hifi t3 waaaay back.... And right earpiece has no sound..... I have to wigle thé plug hard to get Any sound..... Pfffffffff
This is a verry expensive joke.

I feel for you, this is bad. Looks like this an early pair which shipped with cables not attached to the shells, Am I right? My first pair was like that too but I could somewhat fix it by straightening the connector in the socket with tweezers and then it would connect to the bundled cables (but not 3rd party ones). The cable still pops out too easily though and I've attached it to the shells with the stem of an unused tip so it can't pop out anymore. I can use it normally now. Maybe you can fix yours too.

Jul 2, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #813 of 1,184
Cable was connected to iem's, and thé weird thing is thé connector IN thé right iem is Blue, and in thé left is red.... I thought it was left=Blue, red=right?

Trying everything, going to use my girlfriends big loop she uses for Diamond paintings to look inside thé connector.
And the Fun part is.... Original cable works like a charm! ( My balanced cable works perfect on T3's, so cable is not thé problem)

Jul 2, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #814 of 1,184
Cable was connected to iem's, and thé weird thing is thé connector IN thé right iem is Blue, and in thé left is red.... I thought it was left=Blue, red=right?

Trying everything, going to use my girlfriends big loop she uses for Diamond paintings to look inside thé connector.
And the Fun part is.... Original cable works like a charm! ( My balanced cable works perfect on T3's, so cable is not thé problem)

Not as bad as it looks then if the bundled cable connects. You could just use an adapter to use them from a balanced output I guess. Red for right and Blue for left generally yes but I don't think there is color coding on any of my pairs/cables so can't say for sure in this case.

Jul 3, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #817 of 1,184
Same problem as mine, only mine do it on thé right side.... I'm done with chifi for now
To generalize the entire chi-fi market based on only one brand is...quite stupid honestly. There are plenty of other great brands with QC to match the sound (Moondrop, Fearless, Tansio Mirai for example)

Jul 3, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #818 of 1,184
To generalize the entire chi-fi market based on only one brand is...quite stupid honestly. There are plenty of other great brands with QC to match the sound (Moondrop, Fearless, Tansio Mirai for example)
I know, and i'm sorry for that, but i'm just mad. Waited 3-4months for these, and now they don't work so they can't outperform my blon bl03's :p
Allready over it and looking at tinhifi t2 plus :p

Jul 3, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #819 of 1,184
I know, and i'm sorry for that, but i'm just mad. Waited 3-4months for these, and now they don't work so they can't outperform my blon bl03's :p
Allready over it and looking at tinhifi t2 plus :p
Yeah I can understand your frustration especially when you waited so long for it.

Jul 3, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #820 of 1,184
This must be a bad joke... I've just received the new YBF in a white box, put to play the first song, and BOTH sides the right side is cutting out. Really? Isn't that the fixed batch?

Edit: Only right-side but still...

**** man, i feel bad for you and @themadhouse

They have serious issues and BGGAR has lost a lot of cred for me. Honestly this is unacceptable and any brand should refund outright. Absolute rip off.

I have one on the way but seems held at border.
I feel I've already kind of lost the urge to try these now. My 12$ VK4 have better qc.

Jul 3, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #821 of 1,184
This must be a bad joke... I've just received the new YBF in a white box, put to play the first song, and BOTH sides the right side is cutting out. Really? Isn't that the fixed batch?

Edit: Only right-side but still...

Update: I was going to aim a mini flashlight at the front-vent to check if they are using cloth filters for both sides behind the grill this time and I've noticed one of the filters is sticking out from the nozzle.

2020-07-03_16-36-03.png
I really got a lemon. Lol.

Measurements of my black box YBF x white box YBF:
roomeqwizard_2020-07-03_16-56-01.png
As far as I can tell, nothing drastic changed. Both units were using MH755 tips.
(my rig adds a lot of air past 10k that may cause some misinterpretation so I trimmed this part out).

Edit: Actually it seems they've added a thicker damper in the front-vent. I simply can't see through the filter when I point a mini flashlight at the front-vent in a dark room like I can with my old pair.

And the measurement shows a similar effect when I've covered the front-vent with blu-tac on my old pair, as it boosts both the sub-bass and mids by some dBs. (please check out the graph on my post here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/urbanfun-ybf-iss014-impressions-thread.921709/page-33#post-15550622).

That may explain the driver-flex the @chickenmoon experienced some pages ago.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #822 of 1,184
Update: I was going to aim a mini flashlight at the front-vent to check if they are using filters for both sides behind the grill this time and I've noticed one of the filters is sticking out from the nozzle.

2020-07-03_16-36-03.png

I really got a lemon. Lol.
....a little kid could have spotted that failure....

Jul 4, 2020 at 4:08 AM Post #823 of 1,184
....a little kid could have spotted that failure....
He was distracted! Leave the QC kid alone!

In all seriousness I hate that my brain even made the joke because the labor regulations and practices are abhorrant to me in some of the places that make a lot of this stuff that I happily consume.

I'm not overall a big fan of the industry but still participate in it's inequalities, You know, Like a hypocrite and all...

Jul 4, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #825 of 1,184
I am taking notes for my review but one thing is clear as a whistle - Blon BL03 is dethroned.
The ISSO14 is a bit more expensive but the insane price to performance ratio is in full effect.
UF compared to BL03 - it is faster, cleaner, the imaging is improved, with better fit and packaging. Stock cable and tips are very nice so purchasing aftermarket cable and tips is not necessary. More technical overall. Tonality wise it is close - UF has a tad less upper mids and mid bass, tad more sub bass, BL03 has a peak at 8khz (is not large and annoying) UF has it higher (around 10khz), so treble sound a bit different. Soundstage wise BL03 has better dept, both are wide but UF is taller.
I would like to thank @Bui Hai Anh for bringing the UF to my attention.
Post your impressions here.
how does this gem compared to blon05, confused to get this or blon05 smh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back