URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
Jul 4, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #826 of 1,184
how does this gem compared to blon05, confused to get this or blon05 smh

I would recommend the UF over the Blon in a heartbeat if I knew for sure you'd get a good one but all newer ones (white box) have been reported as lemons so far if I am not mistaken.

Safest would be to try sourcing an older one with the black box and not change the cable I guess.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #827 of 1,184
I would recommend the UF over the Blon in a heartbeat if I knew for sure you'd get a good one but all newer ones (white box) have been reported as lemons so far if I am not mistaken.

Safest would be to try sourcing an older one with the black box and not change the cable I guess.
already found the used one here in Malaysia. thanks bro, will get em instead of the 05 then!!

Jul 4, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #828 of 1,184
already found the used one here in Malaysia. thanks bro, will get em instead of the 05 then!!

Be aware that there’s 2 different versions of the black box. A beryllium driver and an aluminum-magnesium alloy “noble metal” driver. They each sound different.

Jul 5, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #830 of 1,184
whats the diff. between these beryllium driver and an aluminum-magnesiu,, i found the preloved beryllium driver one in our market here, Malaysia. which one better tho

beryllium has deeper sub bass (basshead special). Also has more treble extension; basically more dynamic. But some may find it a little bright.

The noble metal is more balanced, like shallow v shaped. Less extended sub bass and highs.

Both are good, but for the type of music I listen to I prefer the black
Box beryllium. It’s too bad that my black box berylliums have janky mmcx on 1 side. I have 2 sets of black box noble metal, and both have perfect mmcx.

I also have a new white box beryllium on the way, but it hasn’t arrived yet.

Jul 5, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #831 of 1,184
ooooo man, i dont find the moble metal here. i hate bright signature tbh lmao. is it ok if i just buy the beryllium one that i mentioned, is that too bright or what, becus i already own tin t2 (but already sold it), cant bear with the bright sig.

and i recently checked with my seller; yeah, it was the beryllium with the black box. whats ur opinion? and btw u love the beryllium or the other one?

Jul 5, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #832 of 1,184
beryllium has deeper sub bass (basshead special). Also has more treble extension; basically more dynamic. But some may find it a little bright.

The noble metal is more balanced, like shallow v shaped. Less extended sub bass and highs.

Both are good, but for the type of music I listen to I prefer the black
Box beryllium. It’s too bad that my black box berylliums have janky mmcx on 1 side. I have 2 sets of black box noble metal, and both have perfect mmcx.

I also have a new white box beryllium on the way, but it hasn’t arrived yet.
Makes me happy that I've got the TFZ NO.3. Enjoying those alot and happy that I don't have to deal with the QC and driver variance. My next upgrade will be the Thieaudio L3. Listening to some Metallica on the No.3 right now. These are a blast! Urbanfun ISSO14 is just too much of a risk to me, to justify spending the $. Especially since I had to file a dispute on Aliexpress for non arrival. Got my money back, but I just can't afford to take another chance on them. It's too bad...from everything I've read and reviews I've watched; these look like a killer set. Wish that the QC issues were finally solved and that shipping was more solid too into my country.

Jul 5, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #833 of 1,184
ooooo man, i dont find the moble metal here. i hate bright signature tbh lmao. is it ok if i just buy the beryllium one that i mentioned, is that too bright or what, becus i already own tin t2 (but already sold it), cant bear with the bright sig.

and i recently checked with my seller; yeah, it was the beryllium with the black box. whats ur opinion? and btw u love the beryllium or the other one?

If you were located in the US, I’d trade you a brand new noble metal for the beryllium

Jul 5, 2020 at 12:36 AM Post #834 of 1,184
Makes me happy that I've got the TFZ NO.3. Enjoying those alot and happy that I don't have to deal with the QC and driver variance. My next upgrade will be the Thieaudio L3. Listening to some Metallica on the No.3 right now. These are a blast! Urbanfun ISSO14 is just too much of a risk to me, to justify spending the $. Especially since I had to file a dispute on Aliexpress for non arrival. Got my money back, but I just can't afford to take another chance on them. It's too bad...from everything I've read and reviews I've watched; these look like a killer set. Wish that the QC issues were finally solved and that shipping was more solid too into my country.

I love the No 3 as well. I’m really thinking about getting the No 3 Ti version, even though I’ve heard that it doesn’t sound any different than the regular No 3. I am a sucker for titanium stuff.

Jul 5, 2020 at 12:38 AM Post #835 of 1,184
If you were located in the US, I’d trade you a brand new noble metal for the beryllium
that was thousand miles away sir. im in Malaysia :frowning2:what ur opinion, like what I told this thread
that was thousand miles away from here, Im in Malaysia. so what do you think, is the beryllium driver too bright for me, or still warm, with a little bright tone that you think I can cope and love it.

Jul 5, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #836 of 1,184
that was thousand miles away sir. im in Malaysia :frowning2:what ur opinion, like what I told this thread
that was thousand miles away from here, Im in Malaysia. so what do you think, is the beryllium driver too bright for me, or still warm, with a little bright tone that you think I can cope and love it.

I don’t know your ears. Just check it out when it arrives, and see if you like it. If it’s too bright, you can always try different tips or even a strip of micropore tape.

In addition, it may end up being the noble metal after all. It’s possible that the original owner misidentified it. It can be quite tricky to know which version you have, unless they know exactly what to look for.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #837 of 1,184
I love the No 3 as well. I’m really thinking about getting the No 3 Ti version, even though I’ve heard that it doesn’t sound any different than the regular No 3. I am a sucker for titanium stuff.
Yeah, the Ti version is pretty... but I can't justify the extra $100 US premium. Just gonna be happy and enjoy my plastic set. Glad you like yours too, Slater! If you do spring for the Ti set; please let us all know if it's worth it to upgrade. I also like metal shells (got the KanasPro), but I also have a bunch of plastic/resin shelled iems that I like more. TFZ NO.3 is one of them

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020 at 1:09 AM Post #838 of 1,184

Ti is peakier and brighter than regular version. I think I posted measurements graphs in the TFZ thread a while back.

Jul 5, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #839 of 1,184
Yeah, the Ti version is pretty... but I can't justify the extra $100 US premium. Just gonna be happy and enjoy my plastic set. Glad you like yours too, Slater! If you do spring for the Ti set; please let us all know if it's worth it to upgrade. I also like metal shells (got the KanasPro), but I also have a bunch of plastic/resin shelled iems that I like more. TFZ NO.3 is one of them

They sure look the part but that's about it for me.

Jul 5, 2020 at 1:16 AM Post #840 of 1,184
Ti is peakier and brighter than regular version. I think I posted measurements graphs in the TFZ thread a while back.

Ah, forget it then. I’ll just be happy with the regular No 2 then. Thanks for the heads up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back