Urbana/Champaign Meet
Nov 4, 2004 at 7:49 PM Post #76 of 112
With the new date for the meet, I will also have a pair of recabled woodie SR-325's, courtesy of Larry over at Headphile.com.
smily_headphones1.gif
New headphones Rock.
Edit:
Yeah, I forgot, stupid I know. The HD25 will be at the meet, and will be burned in. I won't have any NOS tubes, but it still should kick.

Nov 6, 2004 at 9:28 PM Post #78 of 112
Has any thought about asking if maybe Champaign Audio would consider hosting the meet. Probably not enough lead time but they do sell both Grado's and Senneheisers I believe and I think they sell a couple of headphone amps.

Nov 8, 2004 at 1:17 AM Post #80 of 112
I just tuned into this thread because I'll be in Illinois from the 11th through the 18th. What a shame that the date was moved back a week! I could have made the 14th because my folks live in the LaSalle/Peru area about 90 minutes away. Oh well, maybe next time. Have fun and be sure to post your meet impressions.

Nov 8, 2004 at 2:06 AM Post #81 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaroncort
Where is Champaign Audio? I've never been too it. I haven't lived here in 8 years.

Champagne Audio is on Neil Street, in the Royal Plaza, which is a small strip mall type affair. The actual address is 505 S. Neil Street.

Here is a link to their website.

Champagne Audio

Nov 8, 2004 at 5:05 AM Post #82 of 112
I'm coming to show support to you guys for doing the same for all the Chicago meets. I got way too much gear to bring it all, so if you guys look at my profile and make a request I'll bring what will fit in the car. See you all soon.

Nov 8, 2004 at 9:09 AM Post #83 of 112
[size=small]Quick update: I now have my Headphile-modified Senn HD-25-1. It's been modified with a 99.99% pure silver wire, and it has been burning in for some 60 hours now. I would like to burn it in for some 100-200 hours.

I also will bring a PCDP---either a Sony D25S or a soon-to-arrive D-EJ2000---and a wallet of CDs.[/size]

Nov 8, 2004 at 4:16 PM Post #84 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict
Has any thought about asking if maybe Champaign Audio would consider hosting the meet. Probably not enough lead time but they do sell both Grado's and Senneheisers I believe and I think they sell a couple of headphone amps.

That Project Head Box is new. This is something to think about for the next meet though I don't know anyone there myself, I've only popped in there about a half dozen times.

Nov 10, 2004 at 7:34 AM Post #85 of 112
There's an offhand chance I may have my Dynahi and/or CD player up and running, though probably on a bench supply. So if either of those are in a presentable and not-shocktastic form, I'll try to bring them. More likely the Dynahi than the CD player, but we'll have to see.

Nov 11, 2004 at 6:20 AM Post #86 of 112
For the fun of it, and for movies, I just bought a Sonic Impact T-amp, so I'll bring that and a small pair of speakers, as well as my other junk.

Nov 14, 2004 at 6:13 AM Post #87 of 112
Hey gang, just wanted to let you know that at the NYC meet I gave Ray Samuels the WNA amp that Dr. White made to bring to your meet. I believe the deal is that everyone is free to demo it there to figure out who would like to take it home to demo more extensively and share some impressions on head-fi (EDIT and buy if you want it for $350!) I think it was initially supposed to be someone named Phillip but I guess he didn't come to the NYC meet? That's all the details I have on it right now, PM PinkFloyd if you would like a quicker pipeline to Dr. White himself if you anticipate wanting to be the one to take this amp home!

Nov 14, 2004 at 6:16 AM Post #88 of 112
I'm confirmed for this meet. The CD player and Dynahi are probably going to be delayed til some other time because I haven't gotten a number of parts I need. I'll have ATH-W100s, and a few old school diskmen -- Sony D-303, Technics SL-XP7, and a Kenwood DPC-7. I'll probably bring my Audiogeek Nitrogen interconnects too, though I'll have to burn them in between now and then.

I'd bring some potations but I think we have minors attending.
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2004 at 6:27 AM Post #89 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
I'd bring some potations but I think we have minors attending.
biggrin.gif

I'm bringing them either way, unless we have a teacher coming.

Nov 14, 2004 at 10:07 PM Post #90 of 112
Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to back out on this one. My car is in no shape for a 2 hour drive and it won't get fixed before the weekend. Also, there's alot of people coming home from college the 20th so I'm going to end up hanging out with old friends that weekend and nursing a hang over on Sunday (I can't wait).

I'll be sure to make the next meet though. I'm very interested in trying out other equipment but unfortunately I prolly won't make it this time.

See ya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back