UpTone Audio USB REGEN
Oct 3, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #481 of 1,138
I am interested in buying a regen for my custommade Blue Circle Audio PaG amp/dac..but i am in the netherlands...so i use 230v/240v and the dual pins european shuko plug...on all the pics of the regen i only see the three pins US plug and 110v...

Do u guys know if the regen works with 230/240v? And when ordering, do u get a powercord with euro plug if u ask for it?

Thanks for replying..and my apologies if this was answered already here..i just cant go through all the posts :wink:

Oct 3, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #482 of 1,138
I am interested in buying a regen for my custommade Blue Circle Audio PaG amp/dac..but i am in the netherlands...so i use 230v/240v and the dual pins european shuko plug...on all the pics of the regen i only see the three pins US plug and 110v...

Do u guys know if the regen works with 230/240v? And when ordering, do u get a powercord with euro plug if u ask for it?

Thanks for replying..and my apologies if this was answered already here..i just cant go through all the posts
wink.gif

The power supply that comes with the Regen is world voltage compatible - it will work with 230v/240v.  It comes however with an 18 inch US compatible power cord - if you are overseas, you'll need to provide your own power cord with an appropriate plug.  

The Regen itself needs 6 - 9 volts dc via a standard 5.5 x 2.1 dc plug.  If you have a better (linear) power supply available, you could also use that instead of the provided smps.

Hope this helps.

Oct 4, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #483 of 1,138
Hi Everyone,

I'm having excellent results with the combination of Regen and two Jitterbugs in my system using a WireWorld Platinum USB cable and Eastern Electric MiniMax Plus DAC.  One JB is inline with my hub and the second JB is inline with USB cable to the Regen, plugged directly into my DAC.  Bass is strong, full midrange, natural sounding high frequencies, deep and focused sound stage.

Update:  Now that I have been living with the Jitterbugs in my system for a few weeks my impressions of the JBug filter is that it works by rolling off the high frequencies and definitely has a negative effect on dynamic range for music.  After readjusting BitPerfect with the 3.0 update to the recommended settings, (with BitPerfect's outstanding 64-bit oversampling algorithm) the Regen and BitPerfect 3.0 combo are much preferred for music playback in my system.  However, I will still be use the Jbugs for when BitPerfect will not work, such as for internet radio, Netflix, or YouTube because the JBugs do give pleasing SQ.

Roger

Oct 4, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #484 of 1,138

Thanks for replying..and my apologies if this was answered already here..i just cant go through all the posts
wink.gif

Hi,

I'm from Belgium and you can use any computer power cord you have lying around. 

Greetings

Oct 4, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #485 of 1,138
Is there really a diference with two jitterbugs, one not even in the DAC circuit?  Or is it a clever attempt to sell more of them?  I'm not inclined to by two of them to find out as it seems a bit nebulous.  I'd be openminded to various opinions.

Oct 4, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #488 of 1,138
  Anyone have any idea as of when would the order for October (which I did in September) be delivered? 

Lately it appears they have been shipping 150 units or so a week.  So if you ordered yours early in September, it likely will be shipped fairly soon.  If you ordered later in the month, it might not ship for a couple more weeks, depending on the number of September orders before yours.  And it seems you are overseas, so you'll need to allow extra shipping time for that too.

I just ordered an additional one last week and am not really expecting it until late this month.

They are well worth the wait IMO.

Oct 5, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #489 of 1,138
  Is there really a diference with two jitterbugs, one not even in the DAC circuit?  Or is it a clever attempt to sell more of them?  I'm not inclined to by two of them to find out as it seems a bit nebulous.  I'd be openminded to various opinions.

UELong,

The REGEN plus the two Jitterbugs has really made a significant SQ difference in my system.  My setup is USB cable plugged into my Jitterbugged powered hub, a second Jbug is on another hub to my external hard drives.  I did try the parallel configuration of two Jitterbugs, but I could not hear any difference over a single JB in my system.  The $96 I spent for the two Jitterbugs with free shipping from Amazon has a 14 day return privilege.  You will never know if it will work for you unless you give it a try.

Update:  Now that I have been living with the Jitterbugs in my system for a few weeks my impressions of the JBug filter is that it works by rolling off the high frequencies and definitely has a negative effect on dynamic range for music.  After readjusting BitPerfect with the 3.0 update to the recommended settings, (with BitPerfect's outstanding 64-bit oversampling algorithm) the Regen and BitPerfect 3.0 combo are much preferred for music playback in my system.  However, I will still be use the Jbugs for when BitPerfect will not work, such as for internet radio, Netflix, or YouTube because the JBugs do give pleasing SQ.

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #490 of 1,138

UELong,

The REGEN plus the two Jitterbugs has really made a significant SQ difference in my system.  It's kind of weird setup but my Jitterbugged USB cable is plugged into my Jitterbugged powered hub, so both both filters are in the USB circuit.  I did try the parallel configuration of two Jitterbugs, but I could not hear any difference over a single JB in my system.  The $96 I spent for the two Jitterbugs with free shipping from Amazon and return privileges was definitely worth it in my system.  You will never know if it will work for you unless you give it a try--and if it does for your system what it has done for mine you will love it!

Roger 

Thanks guys.  I think I'll stick with one for now, till I can upgrade Windows a bit.  Like it already so far.

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #492 of 1,138
  Any compare to IFI power usb please ?? 

I directly compared the REGEN and the iFi iUSB Power using an iFi Micro iDSD and preferred the REGEN. With the iDSD, I found that the REGEN provided greater sonic benefits (in terms of quality and quantity) at a lower cost. See the USB REGEN update in my sig for my thoughts on how the REGEN performed with the Yggy. These, of course, are my views and others may have had different experiences with these devices.

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #493 of 1,138

I directly compared the REGEN and the iFi iUSB Power using an iFi Micro iDSD and preferred the REGEN. With the iDSD, I found that the REGEN provided greater sonic benefits (in terms of quality and quantity) at a lower cost. See the USB REGEN update in my sig for my thoughts on how the REGEN performed with the Yggy. These, of course, are my views and others may have had different experiences with these devices.

I found the REGEN noticeably increased the transparency and subjective soundstage with the Gungnir multibit (which is fairly similar to the Yggy). I can also corroborate your comment about "softening" and being able to listen at higher volumes with less fatigue.

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #494 of 1,138

What about against the ifi usb 3.0? 

Oct 13, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #495 of 1,138
  What about against the ifi usb 3.0? 

Unfortunately, I have no experience with the iFi micro iUSB3.0, so I have no opinion to offer on that particular unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back