UpTone Audio USB REGEN
Sep 19, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #452 of 1,138
Just bought the AudioQuest 0,75m USB Diamond 990€ and it sounds good :wink:

Then i bought the BlueSound Node2 streamer with Tidal and Meridian MQA support, combined with AQ Diamond Spidf Coax it sounds very refind in comparision with my iphone / AQ Diamond USB setup.

Just waiting for my Regen :wink:

PS
Would it be impossible to make a Spidf Coax Regen ?

Sep 20, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #453 of 1,138
How does new ifi iusb3 compares with the regen? Curious about it.

I have the micro idsd with a Regen(linear psu/sbooster ultra). It is awesome. I am very impressed by this Regen, especially at its price point.

I am also very curious about the iusb3.0, but not willing to put out $399 to find out.
You can get it here: http://www.essentialaudio.com/products/digital/ifi-audio
Let me know how it is.....thanks

I actually might eventually get the iusb3.0 when I upgrade my micro idsd for the ifi idsd pro, whenever the pro makes it through R&D.

Sep 20, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #455 of 1,138
OT

@Franaric

What do you now about the iDSD Pro how it will differ from the conventional iDSD ?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/702376/ifi-audio-pro-desktop-line-discussion-thread

:cool:

Sep 20, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #456 of 1,138
http://www.head-fi.org/t/702376/ifi-audio-pro-desktop-line-discussion-thread

:cool:

Its looks ugly, no Pro feeling at all..

Tried out a iTube Buffer with 3D Holographic mode set to Max, gets more depth in the sound, but in the long therm its not high end..

You need a Chord DAVE to get real depth...

Back to topic!

How is it going with the new Regens for the october shippment, and the development of the power adapter Alex? :wink:

Sep 24, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #457 of 1,138
Alex do you think i would get any further improvment if should use a Audiophilleo 2
Async USB to S/pidif converter
www.itemaudio.co.uk/digital-converters/453-audiophilleo-2.html after the Regen, because i listening from my Iphone with the camera kit adapter mainly.

What is you thaughts?

Do you think i should draw any benefit of this product for the the SQ performance?

Sep 24, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #458 of 1,138
Alex do you think i would get any further improvment if should use a Audiophilleo 2
Async USB to S/pidif converter
www.itemaudio.co.uk/digital-converters/453-audiophilleo-2.html after the Regen, because i listening from my Iphone with the camera kit adapter mainly.

What is you thaughts?

Do you think i should draw any benefit of this product for the the SQ performance?

Yes, the REGEN benefits USB>S/PDIF converters in the same way--and for the same reasons--as it does any USB input DAC.  A good number of people with Audiophileo or Berkeley Alpha USB converters are greatly enjoying them fed by a REGEN.

Sep 24, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #459 of 1,138

Yes, the REGEN benefits USB>S/PDIF converters in the same way--and for the same reasons--as it does any USB input DAC.  A good number of people with Audiophileo or Berkeley Alpha USB converters are greatly enjoying them fed by a REGEN.

Anyone have thoughts on the best USB to SPDIF converter for ~$500 or less? Cheers 

Sep 24, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #460 of 1,138

Anyone have thoughts on the best USB to SPDIF converter for ~$500 or less? Cheers 

I can strongly recommend Stello U3 http://www.aprilmusic.com/eng/main/sub02_03_05.html. I have used it for several years and still have'nt heard a USB>Spdif converter with better SQ. Truly worth a listen!
Edit: Berkeley Alpha USB is surely better but much more expensive. In the USD 500 price range Stello U3 is very difficult to beat IMO.

Sep 24, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #461 of 1,138
I like the initial change of adding the Audioquest Jitterbug to my laptop connection to REGEN to DAC.  I wasn't expecting any noticeable difference over the REGEN by itself with standard SMPS.

Sep 25, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #462 of 1,138
I have the micro idsd with a Regen(linear psu/sbooster ultra). It is awesome. I am very impressed by this Regen, especially at its price point.

I am also very curious about the iusb3.0, but not willing to put out $399 to find out.
You can get it here: http://www.essentialaudio.com/products/digital/ifi-audio
Let me know how it is.....thanks

I actually might eventually get the iusb3.0 when I upgrade my micro idsd for the ifi idsd pro, whenever the pro makes it through R&D.

Same opinion of you, i think usb3 its a bit expensive. Will look, but i think that these filters only work with usb powered dacs, those with external supply have less jitter.

Sep 25, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #463 of 1,138
Its looks ugly, no Pro feeling at all..

Tried out a iTube Buffer with 3D Holographic mode set to Max, gets more depth in the sound, but in the long therm its not high end..

You need a Chord DAVE to get real depth...

Back to topic!

How is it going with the new Regens for the october shippment, and the development of the power adapter Alex? :wink:

The 3D itube buffer function is mostly for speakers.

Sep 25, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #464 of 1,138
First impressions with REGEN, using a Gungnir multibit DAC:

The difference is small, but there's definitely a noticeable improvement. I hear more transparency and more instrument separation.

Somewhat paradoxically, I found things sounding better at lower volumes, yet I have to turn the volume up more than I normally would in order to get the full "experience" I'm used to, if that makes sense. The volume can be raised higher than usual due to less fatigue.

I'm playing with the Jitterbug as well, but am still undecided whether or not to keep it in the chain. From testing the REGEN, I'm 100% sure I'm going to keep using it.

Sep 25, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #465 of 1,138
  First impressions with REGEN, using a Gungnir multibit DAC:

The difference is small, but there's definitely a noticeable improvement. I hear more transparency and more instrument separation.

Somewhat paradoxically, I found things sounding better at lower volumes, yet I have to turn the volume up more than I normally would in order to get the full "experience" I'm used to, if that makes sense. The volume can be raised higher than usual due to less fatigue.

I'm playing with the Jitterbug as well, but am still undecided whether or not to keep it in the chain. From testing the REGEN, I'm 100% sure I'm going to keep using it.

After 10 day's testing with 2 Jitterbugs I removed them because there was something wrong with the sound.  No details and fatiguing/harsh sounds.  When I removed the 2 Jitterbugs the sound was again extremely good with the REGEN. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back