UPGRADING THE CRYSTAL (X0) ON ESSENCE STX
Nov 5, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #241 of 246
Hi guys! I am gonna try the Audio-gd clock mod! Looks very promising. Recently upgraded my STX with 3 Burson V5 om amps! Amazing results! Want to push this card a bit more. Just wondering what exact product did you get from them. JZ-1 Type 3: (Output 24.576MHz), But was the Standard version or the TCXO version? Thanks in advance!

Jan 2, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #243 of 246
  WeirdChild: Did you upgrade to the Audio-gd? If so what version did you buy? TCXO version? 

Where is the easiest place to connect the power on the Audio-gd?

Hi! Yes I managed to do the upgrade and it was very simple. I got the TCXO version from audio-gd and the easiest way to power it up is to use a molex adapter soldered to V rails of the clock. Yellow wire in a molex is 12v and black is GND.

I used an old molex female plug from an old computer and then all I needed was to find a molex plug from my PSU and thats it!

Jan 18, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #245 of 246

I do not own this photo, found it in an italian forum. Just note this is the ST version. And the clock wiring is a tad different from the STX. But the power up is the same. :)

I just received the clock and I am now ready for installation :) Do you know if it matters what kind of cable I use to connect the the clock to the STX? Will any copper wire work? Did you also remove these two small caps and the small resistor? Marked red in this picture: 

I am not sure if its necessary to remove those. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back