Upgrade from soundmagic PL30
Dec 23, 2010 at 4:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ickle97116084

New Head-Fier
AS the title suggests I am looking for an upgrade to these IEMs. I have previously used Shure SE310, E2c and have heard the SE530 IEMs. I had 2 pairs of Nu-Force Ne-8 IEMs which unfortunately broke. I liked the SE530 IEMs but felt I couldnt justify the extra cost fo these IEMs over the NE-8. I loved the detail of the NE-8 however felt the bass was very lacking. These PL30 IEMs have more bass however less detail. So I am looking for a pair of IEMs with great bass (read accurate and deep but not boomy) and good clarity and detail.  

I will be using these IEms on a Cowon S9 with a Nuforce Icon Mobile AMP. I listen to rock such as dashboard confessional, Alanis Morrissette, Radiohead and other such bands. I also listen to audiobooks at work (audible.co.uk).

Which earphones would suit my needs? I have spent a lot of time reading through reviews on this site and others however without the ability to test IEMs I dont want to make the wrong purchase. Lastly I will be purchasing these IEMs from Amazon.co.uk as I have some gift vouchers to use with them.

Ickle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back