Upgrade from Senn IE8 - W40 or SM64?
Nov 3, 2014 at 4:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Mors

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, been quite a while since I've posted on these forums, I usually pop in when I want some new kit :s

I've had my IE8's for about 3yrs now, and have loved them, but they don't know seem as good as they used to, and the seal for me is getting worse and worse (I use foamies, I've used them in the gym for 3yrs so they do get a bit sweaty). And I split my ACS custom moulds recently.

So I'm looking to get a new set of IEM's as a present to myself for xmas. Before I had the IE8's, I had the SE535's and before that the Shure E4G's. They are plugged directly into my iphone 5S, unamped. Mainly used in the gym every day, but also probably get another 1-2hrs use a day outside of that. I mainly listen to rock.

I can't find a direct comparison of the W40's to the SM64's, although it seems the SM64's shade it on the review front? Has anyone had all these three that could comment? Or mainly the latter 2? I will need a hands free cable for them, I know the W40 comes with one, but I could buy one for the SM64 if I went that route. I hear the build quality and warranty on the SM64's isn't great compared to westone.

Are these two about the same, or is one significantly better?

Finally, does anyone where the cheapest place to buy these in the UK is? I'd love to sample first both, but it doesn't seem anywhere in the UK does that :frowning2: The cheapest I can see see them coming in at in the UK is W40(£365/$585) and SM64(£370/$590).

Thanks a lot for any help

Nov 3, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #3 of 3
Interesting, I didn't even think that would be an issue - thanks for pointing it out. Do you think your problems are a one off or are lots having this fit issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back