Upgrade from klipsch s4 for EDM
Jan 7, 2012 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

pdiddypdler

500+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

I recently got some Ultrasone pro900's and I'm really liking them, now i think it's time to upgrade my portable rig.
I do like the s4's straight out of my ipod classic but I'd like to get something a bit better.

I've been looking at a few iem's but can't decide which would be best for me because there is so many options.
My budget is strictly $200... i've been looking at the TF10's , gr07, ex600 and a few others.
Which do you think would be best for EDM (about 90% of what a listen to)? I mostly listen to vocal trance, house, dnb and a bit of dubstep + some rock.

I'm also looking at a few cheap amps for on the go, Fiio e6 , e11. Would these make a significant difference? Recommendations would be great.

Cheers

Jan 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #3 of 22
I like the amount of bass on the S4 - it's good for EDM, but i'm just looking for a better all around earphone and if that means giving up a little bit of bass (but still OK) then so be it.

Jan 7, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #4 of 22
You'd love the TF10. It is pretty, pretty, preeeeettttaaaaaaay good with anything electronic. The EX600 is a great earphone, but it's hard NOT to recommend the TF10s for what you listen to. No amp needed.

Jan 8, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #6 of 22
Yeah i don't really listen to much rock, just on occasion.

I heard there was a tf10 successor coming out the tf15. What is the info on that? I guess it would be out of my price range anyway...

So I'm pretty keen on the TF10, I heard it's uncomfortable, should i be worried?

I heard foam tips are recommended with the tf10. Which ones should I be looking at? I've never had tips outside of the stock ones.

Jan 8, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #8 of 22
I get a good seal with stock comply tips & silicon TF10 tips :wink: For me sound is clearer with silicon tips. Go for tf10, you won't regret if you don't actually have tiny ears.

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #12 of 22
If you could find some Monster Turbine Pro Golds for $200 or less you'd be set.  Atrio MG7 is also good.

Jan 8, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #14 of 22
Definitely get the TF10 for EDM. I own both the TF10 and the S4 and the TF10s are really great for EDM. Also, I don't think they lack in bass at all. It's not as boomy as the S4, but it has a great impact and it's overall quality is way better than the S4. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back