Upgrade from klipsch s4 for EDM
Jan 12, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #17 of 22
Absolutely not. $99 is a once a year special with no guarantee of ever happening again.

If you don't need flat/even frequency response and can live with a possibly uncomfortable fit, TF10 are some of the best sounding IEMs for their price, in the world. Anyone with big ears in need of big bass will adore them.

Quote:
 but should I expect them to dip that low again anytime soon?

Jan 12, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #18 of 22

Quote:
UE700 for EDM? Aren't they too bass light for that?

Both TF10 and UE700 are bass light, well, to basshead, to me, TF10 bass is perfect, and when called upon, it delivers, UE700 is the same, albeit a bit less bass.

The most important aspect (to me) to EDM is that IEM has to be quick, and tight, and both of them are that. Remember that the bass does not dig deep (deep as needed for hiphop), but it is seriously punchy and tight

Jan 13, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #19 of 22
Ok thanks,

I might buy them in the next few days but I'm just trying to figure out whether I can afford some customs (then i'd never have to upgrade again).

tongue_smile.gif

Thanks for all the advice!

Jan 23, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #21 of 22
Hmm. Seems like you read something that piqued your interest in the SM3's?

I like my SM3's for electronica a lot. SM3's timbre is still not up there with a really good dynamic, but for electronic drum beats thats not so important, and the speed of their performance is very good.

The CK90Pro is also another favourite of mine for electronica. A leaner sound but with similar sub-bass impact, and FAST. Faster then any other IEM I have, which makes it amazing for complex electronic passages.

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #22 of 22
How about the JVC FXT90's? I can get them locally instead of from overseas.

How would they go against the TF10's and the CK90pros?

TF10's are $164
Ck90pro's are $215
FXT90's are $168

Users who are viewing this thread

Back