Updated: HifiMAN HM-801 Portable Music Player Preorder
Sep 1, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #406 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenLeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May Fang confirm if there are 2 versions of amp modules for the HiFiMan and how can we our preferences?

There is only one verion of amp module so far, and can work well with both IEM and headphone cans. We will provide more different amp modules in the near future.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Sep 1, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #407 of 1,469
Thanks, testrichard, I am very happy to have ordered. I wish I had known about this thread months ago—most definitely would have been part of the first batch. All the same, I am happy (with or without the UK—Edwood is absolutely correct in my case; it is just a ‘peace of mind’ thing though). Now October cannot come fast enough.

Nankai, thanks. That’s part of the allure of the HiFiMAN: future implementations.

--Dymer

Sep 2, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #409 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
testrichard writes:
so my suggestion is quickly snap up your order as if not ur wish might just come true as HiFiMan version II could come out and although the inside is different the price is also different too~ oh damn i talk too much

I've already stated price is not an issue with me personally.

HiFiMan version II ?

Yes, you do.

Join US woody
wink.gif
may be one day ?
dt880smile.png

Sep 2, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #410 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll bet real money that the vast majority of you will not be able to tell the difference between a U-K and non U-K in a double blind test.

-Ed

I think it's not a problem of us it's just a problem of huge investment in our equipment (in this case of course we talk about earphones). My question was wich another candidate we have? Why you always talk about UK and not UK? I just don't understand why head direct didn't tell us all varianties(i'm sure they know it).

Sep 2, 2009 at 9:37 AM Post #411 of 1,469
Quote:

I'll bet real money that the vast majority of you will not be able to tell the difference between a U-K and non U-K in a double blind test.

-Ed

In addition: Who of us can catch all the difference between HM801 and for example sandisk sansa fuze
smily_headphones1.gif
) It just a joke but a problem about "value for money" also persists

Sep 2, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #412 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenkid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's not a problem of us it's just a problem of huge investment in our equipment (in this case of course we talk about earphones). My question was wich another candidate we have? Why you always talk about UK and not UK? I just don't understand why head direct didn't tell us all varianties(i'm sure they know it).

Someone already posted a link to the spec sheet from the manufacturer of the DAC chips.

Sep 2, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #413 of 1,469
Quote:

Someone already posted a link to the spec sheet from the manufacturer of the DAC chips.

Since 20.08 I've only found this one Quote:

Originally Posted by Nakai
"We have finished PCB board, battery, LCD, accessory, power supply, etc.. last week. We have assembled two final product samples with PCM1704UK: much better than the hand soldering PCM1704U prototype Jude listen to. We h..........."

But this all doesn't mean that we will get PCM1704UK or PCM1704U. All you can officially find is "we will not confirm the second batch will be PCM1704UK version".
Blind faith in head-direct - this is only one thing that involves me in making an order. But i hate blind faith when we talk about money.

Sep 2, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #414 of 1,469
Quote:

Blind faith in head-direct - this is only one thing that involves me in making an order. But i hate blind faith when we talk about money.

thats rather strong statement~ there are actually many people have Faith in Head-Direct and they r seriously far from Blind, there r people with posting over thousands and far more experience than you and me made their orders, non of them are stupid people.

to be honest Head-Direct are under no obligation to deliver UK chip in the 1st place, it was just a good gesture and a reward to patiently waited customer who made order since May and suppose to apply only the 1st 70 units , then it extends to order made before 30,Aug (which luckily include me) then they try to extend it to group pre-order two. if they r trying so hard to make customer happy and even with extra effort to make the paint work etc, dont you think they will try their best ? there r no contract binding to enforce you to make your order, if it's a struggle to you then please have yourself a peace of mind~ Nankai already said they made the order for the UK chip, what else more do you want? amount they purchase? how many units they order ? who they purchase from? do you even wanna see a pic of the receipt they made order of ??

it's now 02/09 , one thing for sure is time is passing each day and the longer you hesitate, you r behind others and next to the queue.

i m feeling great full to have mine with UK chip as i m not really sure i deserve it for the time i m waiting, then why is it every one think they deserve the UK chip now and make such a cocky scene ?? cant you just be great full if you got one ??

to answer your question, there are no other kind of MP3 player like HiFiMan which combines DAC + DAP + AMP. u can find 2 of combine function but never all three, for example AMP3 got DAP+AMP, some MD got DAP+DAC , sony P50 got DAC+DAP then again, sony P50 isnt cheap at all and the price r near Hifiman, it was suppose for Mic and recording purpose but the DAC function is some thing people found out about~

Sep 2, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #417 of 1,469
Why is this discussion going so complicated? As to my understanding, the HM801 was designed to use non-UK chip and UK is just a bonus for those who ordered earlier. What's unfair about that?

Besides, some information from the customer service:
1. What comes in the package?
Accessory: Lithium ion polymer battery; Charger/External Power Supply (110-240VAC, 50-60 Hz); USB cable; RCA-to-Mini adapter for digital coaxial input.

2. About the shipment:
Our shipping department will send an email to you about the shipping info including the tracking # once the parce is shipped.

Sep 2, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #418 of 1,469
Quote:

I just want to say that there is no need to remain in the dark
smily_headphones1.gif
) And of course we don't have any competitors. And of course i've already made my order
wink.gif

Having problems getting your questions answered? I notice only specific questions are answered, others ignored.

Sep 2, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #420 of 1,469

Users who are viewing this thread

Back