Updated: HifiMAN HM-801 Portable Music Player Preorder
Oct 8, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #661 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by petercak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi

see this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f87/hi...thread-448109/

it seems that .cue sheets for flac file are not supported yet

I cannot help with whether tags in separate Flac files works. Hopefully, some of lucky owners can comment on that.

I can make folders, and I add .flac and only .flac files to HiFiMAN. I take out the .cue, .jpg, and all the other non-flac files from the folder and transfer it to the SDHC card. HiFiMAN does not seem to have a problem with them so far. Played a couple of 24bit files, and they worked fine.

I have used mp3 files without any other files in the folder and I have had no problem.

I have not tried .ogg files, and probably will not.

It seems that the player likes folder to contain songs only. That's not much of a problem.

Also tried it as a USB DAC. Sounds great.
Like I said before, I probably have 16 bit ears, so I will probably only use 16bit files.

I may have time for a more serious listen this weekend.
I believe it sounds better than my Marantz 67se, so I am very happy with it.

Also the specs says the headphone out is 30 omes (probably spelled that wrong, I suck at spelling), but the HiFiMAN seems to drive my Senn hd555 very well, and it also seems to drive my Senn hd600 phones loud enough that the music is enjoyable.

I plan to try the HiFiMAN with my headphone amp to see what difference it makes. I have a little country III and I really like the way it sounds. It will be nice to see how they sound together.

Now I just have to make a really quite music server and use my HiFiMAN as my DAC at home. That would be the preferred method of listening because I don't want anything to happen to it.

I guess I could figure out how to get a coxial out from the computer.
Anyone know of a really quiet little computer that can run a USB external hard drive, PM me because I would really like that as my final setup.

Again my 2 cents for whatever it is worth.

Oct 8, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #662 of 1,469
Hi Fang,

Any update of the delivery of the 801s? Eg, the 801s have delivered to the buyers of May/June, ... etc?

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #664 of 1,469
Fang,

In the beginning of this thread there is a diagram to build a Coaxial Cable for the Hifiman. I asked someone to make it for me because that is really not my thing. The question was asked of me: what kind of wire would it be? RCA or 6.3mm? Also, what would be a common length.
Thank You!

Oct 9, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #665 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fang,

In the beginning of this thread there is a diagram to build a Coaxial Cable for the Hifiman. I asked someone to make it for me because that is really not my thing. The question was asked of me: what kind of wire would it be? RCA or 6.3mm? Also, what would be a common length.
Thank You!

mini to RCA
no idea about "common length"

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Oct 9, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #666 of 1,469
Wondering why Edwood hasn't posted his latest experiences here?

Oct 10, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #668 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxxdoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HiFiMAN coupled to my Little Country III sounds so damn good, I can't put it into words.

You just did!

Oct 10, 2009 at 12:17 PM Post #669 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxxdoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It just gets better and better.

I just hooked the line out to my headphone amp.

The HiFiMAN coupled to my Little Country III sounds so damn good, I can't put it into words.

Very Happy!

really hope my 801 come quickly !! life is pretty boring atm as i actually stop listening to music right now as i felt it would be waste of time since i have to listen to all my collections all over again once i got the 801 so why not just wait ??

its bad ~~~ this is like the longest wait i ever been for a toy !! i m starting to have erection problem now lol come on Head-direct, give me the boost so i can get "it" up again !!

i just cant wait ~ 801 might actually boost my productivity as i plan on listening to it when i house keeping, exercising, studying and reading! perhaps sleeping too ~ so "r we there yet ?"

Oct 10, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #671 of 1,469
Haha good to see you here too pfillion
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #673 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Fang,

Have you heard back from your supplier if they will be able to supply any more UK chips for the 2nd Preorder batch.

I'd like more info on this also.

Oct 12, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #675 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by thathertz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like more info on this also.

Same here. According to what I've read, the difference without the UK chip is huge. I'd be willing to pay a premium for having it in my rig but I am not so sure I want one without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back