Updated: HifiMAN HM-801 Portable Music Player Preorder
Oct 1, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #617 of 1,469
I am interesting in this player.
But I have few question about it.

1.What is the full model name of OPA627?OPA627BA or?
2.How many op on the AMP Modular and what is the OP's name?(usually OP will have two for each channel) can we change op by ourself?
3.Will there any possibility to have bigger battery?

Thank for your help.

Oct 1, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #618 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by hkimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Would be better to have a second battery and a dedicated external battery charging solution so you can swap batteries at will.

Otherwise, a larger capacity battery would most likely require a different battery door and make the HM-801 considerably thicker.

-Ed

Oct 1, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #619 of 1,469
Just slammed my fist on the table and ordered one today. I hope I get the PCM1704UK one
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 1, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #620 of 1,469
Quote:

I am interesting in this player.
But I have few question about it.

1.What is the full model name of OPA627?OPA627BA or?
2.How many op on the AMP Modular and what is the OP's name?(usually OP will have two for each channel) can we change op by ourself?

Thank for your help.

30 day money back guarantee! You can let your ears decide.

The only problem I have had with ordering this product also happens to be the Title of This Song!

"Dont let it kill you baby, dont let it get to you
Dont let em kill you baby, dont let em get to you
Ill be your breathin heart, Ill be your cryin fool
Dont let this go to far, dont let it get to you"
wink_face.gif

Oct 2, 2009 at 10:06 AM Post #622 of 1,469
Quote:

It's listed in the specs in the first post.

Update 07/30/2009 Headphone Amplifier Module Spec

Opamp: OPA275

If you are handy with a soldering iron and don't mind voiding warranties, then it's a pretty simple swap.

Oct 2, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #623 of 1,469
In the beta unit I had the chips were covered in a big blop of black something, at least on the side facing up, I did not remove the board to look closer. Don't know if it will be the same in the production units.

Oct 3, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #624 of 1,469
A question for Fang: Will the 801 play WMA VBR lossless files? I saw it listed in the description of the 801 on some other websites, but it is not listed in the specs on this thread. I have a bunch of music in WMA lossless format and it would be great if I did not have to figure out how to convert to FLAC.

And any word yet on the UK chips? I just ordered an 801 a few days ago, so I wonder if I can have any hope that my unit might come with the UK chip.

Oct 3, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #625 of 1,469
I assume that Fang and his co-patriots are having the time of their life right now in Colorado at RMAF.
All of the Head-Fi vendors will probably be home Monday and back in full form.

I hooked up my Macbook Pro and iMac 24 to the usb input of the 801 and used it purely for analog conversion and amplification,
and it sounds much better than the MicroDac and marginally better than the D-10.

Oct 3, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #626 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I assume that Fang and his co-patriots are having the time of their life right now in Colorado at RMAF.
All of the Head-Fi vendors will probably be home Monday and back in full form.

I hooked up my Macbook Pro and iMac 24 to the usb input of the 801 and used it purely for analog conversion and amplification,
and it sounds much better than the MicroDac and marginally better than the D-10.

Marginally better than the D-10 how so?

Oct 3, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #627 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is your D10 modded with Topkit/BG caps?

Oct 3, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #628 of 1,469
What's important is the SQ of the direct play back from the SD card. If this is clearly better than the IRiver H1X0/SysConcept/D10 combo then the 801 is good. If 801 can be better than the IMod+PVcap then it would be heavenly.

USB port is usually noisy and high quality link is required--just check the price of the an OffRamp V3 will give you an idea.

So do not judge the 801 from its ability to work as an USB DAC
wink.gif

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #629 of 1,469
I found that used as usb dac/amp it sounded a fair bit better than my D10 with TopKit, though not 2½ times better

Oct 3, 2009 at 7:01 AM Post #630 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is your D10 modded with Topkit/BG caps?

No, I don't. I like the way the D-10 sounds stock and never felt the need to mess around.
When I said "marginally", perhaps I used the wrong word. I didn't want to say "much better" twice.
I still find this to be the best sounding unit (combo or not) that I have had the pleasure to listen to.
I love my D-10/H-120 combo, but it is a 2 box portable design with a 20 GB limit (without the mod). The 801 sounds phenomenal, and it is my player of choice in a world filled with a plethora of choices.

Very few things in life offer me the musical satiation and ease of use that the HiFiMAN offers, all in one box.
I will not turn into a pillar of salt, because in this case, I do not need to look back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back