Updated: HifiMAN HM-801 Portable Music Player Preorder
Sep 19, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #529 of 1,469
More SD card slots in the unit means more pins and electronics to retrieve the information, which means making the unit bigger. Swapping out cards on a "as per need" basis, seems more logical to me

Sep 20, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #531 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This unit is the best sounding unit that I have ever heard, with no exceptions, and if you are the sort of person who wants the best, as we all know, then money is not a deciding factor.

G**D***** immtbiker, I was waiting patiently for mine. And then you had to go and post something like this!! How can I wait patiently after this post??

Sep 20, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #532 of 1,469
As for ES3X, Just I did not have time to try. So I made a quick test, by pressing pause and then increase the volume.
ES3X cause hiss almost over the half way of the volume has past. There is no notch on the volume so I can't say it exactly but I think it is almost half way to one or two o-clock for the ordinal dial volume.
I think this is a good result for the 124 dB sensitivity IEM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenLeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally, I really hope someone may input if ES3X hisses with the 801. I've already prepay for the 801 so I've no concern. But other ES3X owners may want to know because one of the target customers of the 801 should be the ones who own top IMEs. However, I suspect ES3X does hisses because Sasaki said nothing on this -- I hope that I'm wrong.

Sep 20, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #533 of 1,469
I can't imagine a portable setup besting my iMod/V-Cap/RSA Amp setup but with the Studio One (Amp3's big brother) on the way (any day now) and being in line for batch #2 of the HiFiMan, I guess time will tell.
Also, anything yet from the other 2 that received a HiFiMan?

Sep 20, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #534 of 1,469
The world, as we know it, has taken a change for the better, my audio friends.

Sep 20, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #536 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Piejesu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But, if Fang produces HM-802 by $900 which supports SDXC & ALAC next year, I am sure to regret ordering HM-801 at this moment.

Do people regret buying the iPod 5.5? Not hardly. Apple went ahead and ruined a good thing with the Classic. When an item does something, and does it well, that can never be taken away. I have audio equipment from years ago that I could only replace for triple the money.

Also you could, when that time comes, sell the old an put the money towards the new.

Sep 20, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #537 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Piejesu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But, if Fang produces HM-802 by $900 which supports SDXC & ALAC next year, I am sure to regret ordering HM-801 at this moment.

Why worry about things that may never be? Live and enjoy.

Sep 20, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #538 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't USB limited to 16/48? So how is this unit somehow not perfectly playing 24/96 if it can do so via coax?

USB is not limited to 16/48. The chips that allow for 24/96 and beyond in USB are very expensive to license.

Sep 20, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #539 of 1,469
Hi,every one~I'm new here.
Now I have known that hifiman can drive full-size phone,for example,HD580.But I guess when driving HD580,the volume of it will be enough high,and the quality of sound would not be enough good.
Can drive doesn't means can drive good~

P.S.:forgive my poor english.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back