Updated: HifiMAN HM-801 Portable Music Player Preorder
Sep 13, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #482 of 1,469
Hi Sasaki,

Thanks for your feedbacks. I appreciate them very much.

Please try the ES3X with the HiFiMan when you've time. The hissing problem of the ES3X is pretty well known. If ES3X does not hiss with the HiFiMan, then it should be a heavenly news.

Did you try the HiFiMan -> SR71A combo? Then you can have the sonic signature of Ray's amp.

Sep 14, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #483 of 1,469
I'm very interested in hearing more about the 801 with JH-13s
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #484 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm very interested in hearing more about the 801 with JH-13s
smily_headphones1.gif

Sasaki did mentioned that JH13 has good synergy with the 801.

Sep 15, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #488 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by newfier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is almost best I ever heard in portable audio

Hi, SASAKI, what do you ALMOST? if there is other one portable audio is better than HIFIMAN, I am very curious.

Thanks.

He meant that it's almost the best in portable audio concerning the noise-floor with high-sensitivity IEM's. Assuming he stayed in context in that paragraph.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 15, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #489 of 1,469
I am using my HiFiMan with both MY UE-10's and my JH-13's and I am not experiencing any hiss on either can. There is a popping noise when first turning them on, but that sounds to me like a DAC pop.

Please note:

I have stated this in my own thread, I know that Jude, Sasaki, and I were the lucky first three to receive these, and let it be know that they are not prototypes, just the first 3 that were released, and i an say unequivocally, that this unit is the best combo unit that have had the pleasure to grace my ears.

They have power, grace, and finesse, and are the sound that I am looking for without having to have a separate LOD, dac/amp combo, and DAP.
They are everything that they are advertised to be, plus more. My hats off to Fang for his vision, and insight and hard work towards making this come to fruition,
You couldn't deal with a better man/woman. He is the epitome of what an MOT should be, and I'm proud to know him and be an owner if his products.

beerchug.gif

Sep 15, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #491 of 1,469
Now, if we could only get Fang to give away one of these as a silent raffle at the NYC Fall meet, then we would surely need 3 big rooms for attendance (just kidding Fang).

Sep 15, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #492 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Piejesu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, does anyone receive the shipping notification last weekend?

Nothing yet, and I know I am one of the first to order the HiFiMan. I am just going to wait patiently and bide my time.

It seems that a lot of people have faith in Fang and that he has a successful company, so I don't think there will be any issues with getting the product.

I do think that he is trying to perfect the HiFiMan, so it will be worth the wait.

Patience is a virtue; I just wish I was virtuous.

Sep 15, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #493 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have stated this in my own thread, I know that Jude, Sasaki, and I were the lucky first three to receive these, and let it be know that they are not prototypes, just the first 3 that were released, and i an say unequivocally, that this unit is the best combo unit that have had the pleasure to grace my ears.......
beerchug.gif

glad i m betting right and my faith pay off ~ and once the hifiman start to reach the owners' hand finally , like i said in my old post " the rest is history"

guess the "make a fool of myself" part will never come back to bite me lol

and i dont need to fight so hard with other people who keeps argue or question about hifiman here any more ~ peace
evil_smiley.gif

test

P.S: with US Dollars continue to drop, hifiman is a bargain going to be ~ grab it while you can ! if it is me i will raise the price even higher now that Dollar drop like no tomorrow~ nothing wrong at all doing so !! its a huge currency risk.

Sep 15, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #494 of 1,469
This is an early impression so just I wanted to avoid to say assertively. not mean much
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by newfier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is almost best I ever heard in portable audio

Hi, SASAKI, what do you ALMOST? if there is other one portable audio is better than HIFIMAN, I am very curious.

Thanks.

Sep 16, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #495 of 1,469
We have finished the 24bit FLAC support patch yesterday. In previous firmware we noticed that some 24bit FLAC can not be supported. (Sasaki reported same problem last week). The new patch will help Hifiman HM-801 player play most HDtracks. We will test the new firmware today and tomorrow, and ship several orders (some orders on early May) in this week.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back