Updated: HifiMAN HM-801 Portable Music Player Preorder
Sep 9, 2009 at 12:00 PM Post #451 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
true to some extent, but where do you draw the line?, i have been waiting over 2 years for an amp for example, i want none of that again.

it seems of late, all things audio and new incur a lengthy delay, suppose i better get used to it.

soon there will be no such thing as early adopters!

Hmm, of course I didn't mean 2 years during talking about patient waiting. And who sold you this perfect amp?

Sep 9, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #452 of 1,469
Yesterday we have shipped three pcs to the first three people Jude, Sasaki and immtbiker via Fedex international priority mail. (Jude want to finish his review; Sasaki paid on May and we do need his review in Japanese. immtbiker is the first HM-801 customer who paid on March 2009 when I told him about this project). We will ship 10 pcs out in the weekend for other customers those who has ordered early May.

We apologize for several days delay about a small problem: hifiman logo on the front panel (actually removable battery cover). Since we can not do silk print on teflon, we have to use laser to destroy teflon layer on the Aluminium casing to draw a logo. In this method, the logo color is silver-white (Aluminium metal color) instead of golden yellow. We want to try some other method such as doing golden silk print on the laser-formed logo region, but we need more time.

The first three players will have laser logo on the battery cover. Ten pcs (will be shipped in the weekend) might have golden logo, but we are not sure if we can do this in three or four days. If not, we will ship 10 pcs with laser logo. If you guys in the early batch don't like the laser logo, you will be able to buy a new battery cover with golden logo in the future and replace the current cover (the battery cover on the front panel is removable).

http://www.head-direct.com/upload/20...1164012001.jpg

Currently the player is able to play 24bit FLAC both 96 and 88.2KHz, but we have noticed that it can not play some 24bit FLAC. We are still working on this issue. We hope we can solve this problem in several weeks and email upgraded firmware to our customers.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Sep 9, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #453 of 1,469
Just three!? Only three?

But, anyway, you chose the right persons to ship the first batch, Nankai.
They will be the real promoter of the HiFiMan 801, rather than someone else who is just annoying on this forum.

Sep 9, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #454 of 1,469
Quote:

true to some extent, but where do you draw the line?, i have been waiting over 2 years for an amp for example, i want none of that again.

it seems of late, all things audio and new incur a lengthy delay, suppose i better get used to it.

soon there will be no such thing as early adopters!

Could it be Xin?

Sep 9, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #455 of 1,469
please i veered slightly off topic myself, and didnt want to post back answer about amp, as a i realized this is MOT thread, apologies

back on topic: great to see some units getting out there into the wild now nankai, contrary to other insinuations, i think its only right that those who ordered earlier, get theirs earlier.

Sep 9, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #456 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dai_U /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just three!? Only three?

But, anyway, you chose the right persons to ship the first batch, Nankai.
They will be the real promoter of the HiFiMan 801, rather than someone else who is just annoying on this forum.

If these 3 head-fiers receive the same product as the later 1st batch comers, then there is no harm and little to complain, right? I welcome the news very much. If the product is good, it will receive promotion. ES3X, JH13Pro and D10 are just a few examples. If not, the product will not and should not be promoted.

Sep 9, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #457 of 1,469
Quote:

please i veered slightly off topic myself, and didnt want to post back answer about amp, as a i realized this is MOT thread, apologies

back on topic: great to see some units getting out there into the wild now nankai, contrary to other insinuations, i think its only right that those who ordered earlier, get theirs earlier.

That's ok for me. I just want to know that it wasn't head-direct device. So now fears are gone and here is my congratulations to all of us.

Sep 9, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #458 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenLeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...If the product is good, it will receive promotion. ES3X, JH13Pro and D10 are just a few examples. If not, the product will not and should not be promoted.

But how would you know that it's good? There is only two way - get someone (promoters) opinions or test it by yourself. So what's wrong with the way head-direct chooses?

Sep 9, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #459 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenkid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But how would you know that it's good? There is only two way - get someone (promoters) opinions or test it by yourself. So what's wrong with the way head-direct chooses?

I found nothing wrong the way head-direct chooses. My post stated that I welcome the news, and the news was "3 is already out".

Sep 11, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #461 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Piejesu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no update about shipping although the due date had come.
What I was worring about became true.
And to tell the truth, my interests to the HM-801 is getting smaller and smaller everyday, because of such a schedule delay.

Grow up, dude!

I am counting the minutes, no, the seconds.

Xin disappeared off the face of the earth, multiple times.

It seems that the same group of people are the only ones complaining, here. Either be patient and wait until this groundbreaking product comes to fruition, or go buy something else. Your belly-aching is getting quite tiresome.
It's clearly obvious that Fang has been active on this product every step of the way from inception to the start of shipping the units. These units will not be released until they are perfect, and if it is a product that you want, you are just going to have to be mature enough to stay the course and wait until the product is good enough to bear the "Head-Direct" name on it.

Sennheiser's HD800's were released 4 months later than previously announced and they have hundreds of R&D and sales people on the project.

Stop complaining and threatening that you don't want to wait anymore. It is not going to make it a better product or make it ship any sooner. It will happen, and those who wait, will be rewarded.
I paid in March, and you haven't heard me say one negative thing, and my patience is paying off.

Any of my local Head-Fi friends, are welcome to come over and give it a go, brownies and scotch will be included as usual.

Sep 11, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #464 of 1,469
I am usually a very polite person. This was not meant to be polite, it was meant to be purely factual. Love hurts, sometimes.

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #465 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
brownies and scotch will be included as usual.

Nice combination
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back