Updated: Headband Repair Help
Sep 21, 2019 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Notanaudiophile85

New Head-Fier
I bought used V-Moda Crossfades and the headband is so misshapen that I don’t use them. I thought it was the sound of the phones that I didn’t like until I tried a display model in a store not long ago. It turns out, I enjoy the sound when they fit properly. I should mention that the headband is in such terrible shape that it’s elongated and has kinks in it. Any help is appreciated.

Does anyone know how to replace the headband?

Update: I bent the headband and it fits great. The speakers were still sitting low on my ears so I temporarily added a piece of fabric on the top of headband and now they fit perfectly. Does anyone know of a headband cushion that I can add to the headband for a long-term solution?

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #3 of 9
Also might want to look into their warranty service. Trade in and get a newer model at discount.

Sep 22, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #4 of 9
Have you emailed V-Moda and asked if you can order a headband? They're not exactly Sennheiser but it's worth a shot.

Thanks. Yeah. I contacted them. They told me they couldn’t help with repairs or replacement parts. They suggested I trade mine in and pay more money to upgrade. I think it’s the immortal program. It seems like a good deal. I just don’t have the money to upgrade right now.

Sep 22, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #6 of 9
Thanks. Yeah. I contacted them. They told me they couldn’t help with repairs or replacement parts. They suggested I trade mine in and pay more money to upgrade. I think it’s the immortal program. It seems like a good deal. I just don’t have the money to upgrade right now.

If you can check it and make sure it's metal you can gently bend it back to the proper shape.

Sep 23, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #8 of 9
I think that might be my best bet. I’m assuming it’s metal since V-Moda is known for their durability. I guess I’ll find out. Any tips or suggestions on bending the headband. I’m guessing using a hammer is a bad idea.

Just do it by hand and bend it the way you want it, ie tighter or looser.

It's a common mod done to headphones with metal headbands to adjust the fit either for comfort or increase or decrease earpad compression depending on how that affects the sound. I just bent my Sennheiser's headband by hand to loosen it from what the box it came in set it to to save space, although then again if I managed to actually snap that or the plastic trim, Sennheiser sells spare parts so in a way that makes the choice to do it on the HD600 a lot easier.

Sep 23, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #9 of 9
Just do it by hand and bend it the way you want it, ie tighter or looser.

It's a common mod done to headphones with metal headbands to adjust the fit either for comfort or increase or decrease earpad compression depending on how that affects the sound. I just bent my Sennheiser's headband by hand to loosen it from what the box it came in set it to to save space, although then again if I managed to actually snap that or the plastic trim, Sennheiser sells spare parts so in a way that makes the choice to do it on the HD600 a lot easier.
Thanks a lot. I’ve started bending and so far so good. Thanks a lot. The sound is certainly impacted by the lack of cushion compression.
Enjoy the 600s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back