UPDATED: Boston/Massachusetts Area - March 6th
Mar 2, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #136 of 185
I want any and all Pro-bias stax to try out my eXStatA which I am pleased to say is finally in a box:

4398930133_6828c603d4.jpg

Mar 2, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #137 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you have any idea whom I referred to? Probably not.

No, I didn't. Who was it?

Mar 2, 2010 at 7:53 AM Post #140 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I had a good idea for a change this morning. I have the WES in crates and ready to ship back to Woo Audio, and my secretary was making up labels. It struck me that a detour to Boston this weekend would not be a bad idea, so I called Jack and he said Yes. The WES will be shipped to a responsible citizen in the area to bring to the meet. Jack and Woo Audio are totally awesome for agreeing to do this, and in general.
wink_face.gif
I will bring SR-Omegas and if anybody has an HE90 to Stax adapter we can have dueling Omegas going at the same time on the WES and then on Nate's BH(se).

does this mean I shouldn't bother bringing my WES? i'd much rather not have to carry it, if there will be another one there.

ironically, I will be bringing some Omegas
smily_headphones1.gif
So we shouldn't need an adapter - we can plug mine into the Blue Hawaii

Mar 2, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #141 of 185
I really wish I had seen your post saying you might bring the WES before but the die is cast and the amp has shipped. If you don't want to bring yours from Jersey then leave it at home. What Omegas are you going to bring? I would happily leave my SR-Omega at home if you are bringing yours. The adapter I mentioned is to utilize the HE90 jack with Stax phones. I am looking into finding one just to allow the head to head comparison of SR-Omega to Omega II, so if anyone knows of a member who has an adapter with a male HE90 connector on one end and a pro bias female Stax connector on the other, then let me know.

If I can leave the Omegas at home, I could bring the Beyer T1 instead. My gear list would be this:

luvdunhill Balanced JFET amp
Balanced TWag JH13 replacement cable with Tiny XLR termination for JFET amp
Beyer T1
iMod/iPod
TTVJ portable and maybe the Hybrid portable as well

I will need access to a balanced source, or bringing the JFET amp doesn't make any sense. Anybody got a pair of XLRs of output available for a loan at the meet?

Mar 2, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #143 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would bring the real deal - SR-Omegas. I cannot wait to plug these into a BH!

Doug, hope you don't mind but I'll be spending a little time with these, I've never heard Omegas before so it'll be a first. BTW, anyone bringing a pair of HD800s (balanced I hope?) I'm considering buying a pair but I'd like to get some time with them before deciding.

Mar 2, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #145 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoochile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not going to be able to attend after all. Sorry to miss it, guys.

Heinous news, Mark. You will be missed.

Mar 2, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #146 of 185
I'm bummed about it.

We just got our power back Sunday, things are still quite a mess here, so I can't go out and play this weekend.
frown.gif

Mar 2, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #147 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoochile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm bummed about it.

We just got our power back Sunday, things are still quite a mess here, so I can't go out and play this weekend.
frown.gif

sadkittehhas128617270560938858.jpg

Understandable Mark, 3 houses down the street from me they've been without since Friday with no sign of it coming back soon. Somehow we dodged the outage, at least so far.

Mar 2, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #148 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by trevorlane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doug, hope you don't mind but I'll be spending a little time with these, I've never heard Omegas before so it'll be a first. BTW, anyone bringing a pair of HD800s (balanced I hope?) I'm considering buying a pair but I'd like to get some time with them before deciding.

i can bring balanced hd800's as well

Mar 3, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #149 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i can bring balanced hd800's as well

excellent! i will be making a decision on them after i listen. i still need to get the PS1 balanced at some point too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back