UPDATED: Boston/Massachusetts Area - March 6th
Mar 4, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #152 of 185
I plan to be there. Bringing

Headphone: Senn HD650, Grado SR325, SR80, maybe SR60
Amp: Mapletree Audio Design Ear+ Purist HD2, Audio-gd Compass
DAC: Valab NOS DAC (12/08), Audio-gd Compass
Source: Dell mini9 (flac > mpd on Ubuntu)
and a variety of tubes for the MAD, and OPAs for the Compass

If I can come up with another source, I'll bring that too.

Looking forward...

Mar 4, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #154 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just over 48 hours and a 6.5 hour car ride away.

Looking forward for my first trip to the greater Boston area since 1993, last trip almost killed me.

Yikes, you weren't caught in that awful blizzard that year, were you? I remember snow that year (and 1996) were really bad.

Mar 4, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #155 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by downsize /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK ... I just got the official news my Oppo will indeed NOT be back from EVS modding in time for the meet. Anyone planning on bring an extra source unit ?

I have a stock BDP-83 I can bring along if you want.

Mar 4, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #156 of 185
I didn't see this until just now. I was bummed to have to miss the NY meet next week, but I may be able to get to this one. I need to figure out how to get there/ where to get a car, but I might come. I will figure it out by tomorrow. If I can come, I will be bringing my signature, plus a CK2III.

Mar 4, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #157 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't see this until just now. I was bummed to have to miss the NY meet next week, but I may be able to get to this one. I need to figure out how to get there/ where to get a car, but I might come. I will figure it out by tomorrow. If I can come, I will be bringing my signature, plus a CK2III.

You could take the train -- the Route 128 stop is sooooo close to the Hilton. The Hilton probably has a shuttle or it would be easy to pick you up.

Mar 4, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #158 of 185
I will consider that as a last option, but I don't really want to be carrying a box with a 25-30lb amp, headphones, extension cords etc on a train. It would be much easier to have a car.

Mar 5, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #160 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by trevorlane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yikes, you weren't caught in that awful blizzard that year, were you? I remember snow that year (and 1996) were really bad.

no I was there in the spring or summer. I did leave the NYC area in 96 after the worst winter in my lifetime, only to return this year to the worst winter since then
beerchug.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #162 of 185
Just saw this a few days ago. I might be able to go. Like...I might be going to boston that day anyways, but that's because I might be going to a Muse concert. So going from NH to boston to NH to boston in a day would be murderous.

Ew...well. If the only seats available are going to be rear stage view seats. I might say F it. I dunno. I might be able to make it to the lil meet after all, though i don't really have anything worthwhile to bring or anything.

Mar 5, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #164 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just over 24hrs before meet time.

[size=small]Don't forget your extension cords and power strips![/size]

I came on just to say this.

I will have a grounded extension cord and a massive 14 outlet strip

See you all tomorrow!

Mar 5, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #165 of 185
btw, what's the parking gonna be like there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back