UPDATED: Boston/Massachusetts Area - March 6th
Feb 27, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #121 of 185
providing there is no snow in the forcast next weekend I think I can make it. It will be a hit and run as I'll be taking off from work Friday at 5ish and arriving between 11pm-12am and I'll be taking off Sunday around noon or earlier.

I can bring the stacker ll and exstata amps along with the ad2ks and stax 404le's. I can also bring the sonic studio 302 but I'd be grateful if someone there has a mac mini or macbook that I can use.

Feb 27, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #122 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
providing there is no snow in the forcast next weekend I think I can make it. It will be a hit and run as I'll be taking off from work Friday at 5ish and arriving between 11pm-12am and I'll be taking off Sunday around noon or earlier.

I can bring the stacker ll and exstata amps along with the ad2ks and stax 404le's. I can also bring the sonic studio 302 but I'd be grateful if someone there has a mac mini or macbook that I can use.

I can bring my MacBook, assuming you only need FireWire 400 (and not 800) port.

Feb 27, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #124 of 185
If anyone has a pair of the inexpensive Audio Technica ATH-AD700 cans, I would like to hear them. So much praise, for so little dough.

I will be bringing my Ultrasone Pro900s ... Kees modded of course, as well as a pair of AT M-50s. Hopefully my new Rudistor NX-02 will have arrived to me by then, and I can bring that as well. Of course, I will also have some of my DIY cables for anyone who is interested in DIY.

Unfortunately, my amazing source, the EVS Oppo BDP-83 is on it's way to Ric for further modding
confused_face.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #125 of 185
Depending how busy I get this weekend, I will try and attend, mainly bringing, my portable stuff in the signature. I can also bring my macbook with all lossless files. If any one is bringing some other portable amps, I would love to hear them. I will bring the shadow and the predator, also an IMod and a regular ipod in case any one wants to compare.

Mar 1, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #127 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emooze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Weather forecast for next weekend actually looks really good (knock on wood)

Ah, they know nothing past 2 days.
Cross our fingers though.

Mar 1, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #128 of 185
I might have a couple of things to do Sat. so I'd like some advice. Going by past meet experiences, do Head-fiers usually come set up at the beginning and stay until the end or is there a 2 hour time frame where you can expect the most traffic? If I can't make it from the start, I'd like to show up when there's the most head-fier to meet and equipment to try out.

Also, if anyone has 6sn7 tubes that I can try out in my DV336i, it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Nikongod, if you have a pair of calipers or accurate ruler you can bring, I can help you with your project.

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #129 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by autosound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, if anyone has 6sn7 tubes that I can try out in my DV336i, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'l bring a couple.
Quote:

P.S. Nikongod, if you have a pair of calipers or accurate ruler you can bring, I can help you with your project.

If you have the cans in your avatar, I cant thank you enough. I will be most happy to hear them.

Mar 1, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #130 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

First of all, SUHweet!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, they know nothing past 2 days.
Cross our fingers though.

Second, I think at least one member/moderator here would beg to differ.

Quote:

Originally Posted by autosound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might have a couple of things to do Sat. so I'd like some advice. Going by past meet experiences, do Head-fiers usually come set up at the beginning and stay until the end or is there a 2 hour time frame where you can expect the most traffic? If I can't make it from the start, I'd like to show up when there's the most head-fier to meet and equipment to try out.

Thirdly, given past experience and the 10-5 time window here, I would say your best bets are 11-1 or 2-4. Hope you can make it.

Mar 1, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #131 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Second, I think at least one member/moderator here would beg to differ.

They may beg, but their track record goes against them.
^_^

Mar 1, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #132 of 185
Well, I had a good idea for a change this morning. I have the WES in crates and ready to ship back to Woo Audio, and my secretary was making up labels. It struck me that a detour to Boston this weekend would not be a bad idea, so I called Jack and he said Yes. The WES will be shipped to a responsible citizen in the area to bring to the meet. Jack and Woo Audio are totally awesome for agreeing to do this, and in general.
wink_face.gif
I will bring SR-Omegas and if anybody has an HE90 to Stax adapter we can have dueling Omegas going at the same time on the WES and then on Nate's BH(se).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They may beg, but their track record goes against them.
^_^

Do you have any idea whom I referred to? Probably not.

Mar 1, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #134 of 185
They can hang out in the corner with Todd's Lambda Pros and talk smack about the fancy-pants new 404LEs which Elusive Disc have finally shipped out just in the nick of time.
biggrin.gif

DOTU, you're a god among men!

Oh, and who is going to bring the traditional big-cardboard-box-that-looks-like-it-would-have-an-amp-in-it-but-is-actually-full-of-beer? I nominate me.

Mar 1, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #135 of 185
Hmm, I'm from Needham, and my term does end this Friday (my school does 4 terms instead of 2 semesters). I'll try to make it, but it depends when I can find a ride back from school.

Edit: I'd certainly be willing to bring anything from my sig, with the exception of the turntable and speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back