image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sep 15, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #198 of 216
1st pic Skyler
iSINE 10 winner.
Thank you so much Evan from Audeze for your generosity.

2nd pic Adrian
LYR3 winner
Thank you so much for your sponsorship Schiit as we all greatly appreciate it!!

Congrats to both!!!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #202 of 216
Had a blast. Awesome meet! I enjoyed so much meeting everyone and sampling everyone's gear. Learned a lot and definitely looking forward to the next meet. Everybody there is awesome people!

Sep 16, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #203 of 216
Just got home, tired as hell but that was so damn good! It was great seeing everyone again. It's as much about the people as it is about the gear. I'm already looking forward to the next one.

Sep 16, 2018 at 3:18 AM Post #204 of 216
Really nice meet, long almost 12 hour day but worth it. Helped Greg (Koover) try to make the room layout work as best as possible for the power outlet locations available starting just after 7am and the small group left help the Schiit guys get the gear they brought into the van well after 7pm. Long day of listening to gear and helping other who wanted to listen to gear.

Heard quite a few headphones I was curious about, (finally heard Grado for the first time - REALLY liked the GH1 with G-cush pads...) and the Dharma D1000 was something too, really like its presentation of the highs - both worked great with my warmer amp preference. Thanks Astral Abyss (I believe...) for letting me basically borrow nearly the entire headphone inventory you brought over the course of the meet! Greg's modded Denon AH-D2000 he got also really impressed me - so much better than a stock D2000 and even somewhat impressive over my modded TH-X00PH... so clean and tight sounding...very nice, props to that Russian modder! The Philips X2 were nice as well... believe from BzzzzzT (very nice meeting you BTW, and thanks for all the tips.)

The Focal Clears were immediately noticed to be much better than the Elears I auditioned a while back... much, much better in the highs and not as crazy In-YO-FACE! with the detail like the Elears on the exact same setup.

The Sennheiser/Massdrop HD58Xs seemed pretty popular and well liked from most everyone who listened and borrowed them. And for a $20 pair, the Koss KPH30i also really impressed (which is a great inexpensive on-ear and why I brought them).

Appreciate Audeze, Schiit, and The Source AV taking the time to be there, was nice talking what little I did with everyone. And thanks for the time spent chatting Zyker, really nice stands you have there, think maybe get one for the L300 Limited to on top of the rack. And good you could make it for what time you could pattiobear, hopefully trying out the Shanling M0 with the Sony's gave you a feel for it.

Didn't take much time for pictures, the few I did take are here:

https://vracer111.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Head-fi-AZ-meet-9-15-18/n-cDQMJG/

Thank you very much Greg and Coolzo for taking the time for setting up the event, you have a nice meet going on in Phoenix and if keeps getting bigger better each time and draw more vendors it could be something like a mini Can-jam/Audiofest. Overall a very nice lineup of gear that covered most all popular and some fairly unique offerings. Would definitely like to make the next and subsequent meets when possible... was a nice experience even if a little exhausting. Hopefully my truck is fixed by then (LOL... but still kind of serious...) and the STAX gear being in the rack will make everything simpler and easier to setup. Plus a roll around, stand alone all-in- one A/V STAX based rack can be located anywhere with no worry for tablespace layout and be exactly layed out like I want.

Again, nice meeting everyone I did and looking forward to next chance to get together again.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #206 of 216
I didn't end up bringing my setup out, and only stopped in for a couple hours, but it was definitely a good time. Thanks to all the organizers and sponsors for putting it together, especially @TSAVAlan for lugging all that estat awesomeness out to the desert, really enjoyed that table.

Only took two pics:

IMG_20180915_125440.jpg IMG_20180915_141001.jpg

Sep 16, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #207 of 216
It was nice to meet everyone and finally get to listen to all this stuff that I’ve only been able to read about. My wife and my wallet won’t appreciate it, but I certainly will!

It seems like everyone was asking me if I was on head-fi so I figured it was time to stop lurking and start participating.

Sep 16, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #208 of 216
Awesome meet! A big thanks again to everyone for putting this together. :)

There are so many inspiring setups, I wish I would of heard more of them. I learned quite a bit to improve my setup and take it in some new directions. Thanks to everyone for hauling their gear out!

It was awesome talking to everyone and getting their opinions and advice. There were just too many names to list! I had a blast talking with Justin at Ampsandsound. I learned quite a bit to improve upon my own amps. His amps are truly inspiring to me with that single ended refinement, assertive power and great design. I'll probably break down and buy one when I have the funds.

Thanks also to all the great vendors how made an appearance. A BIG thanks to Schiit for helping to support this and to Audeze, TSAVAlan and HeadAmp for the awesome spread of gear! Very cool!

If I talked to you about tubes, just contact me when you would like me to send them.

This is an awesome group of audio freaks!

Sep 16, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #209 of 216
What everyone before me said. Best event so far. I mean, we filled both rooms. Did anyone get a final attendance count? I would say at least 50. Perhaps we should challenge the other states.
See who can have the best attendance for the year. Heck, maybe we should just take over Can Jam. Show 'em how it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back