[UPDATED] Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Second: September 15th, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #76 of 216
FYI I know someone will ask about this so....
Screenshot_20180806-132542_Gmail.jpg

Aug 7, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #77 of 216
Pending a sale (at this point it's all for sale), I'll be bringing the following:

Amps:
Decware CSP3 (Jupiter Copper cap's, Mogami signal wire, stepped attenuator)
AMB Labs M3
XRK971 pocket class A amp, desktop version

'Phones:
Senn. HD800
Massdrop/Fostex TH-X00

DAC's
:
Yggdrasil (original A version)
PupDAC

Accessories:
Balanced-to-SE converter (DIY)
M2Tech HiFace EVO USB-to-SPDIF/AES converter
PS Audio Power Plant Premier power regenerator
Bag o'cables

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #78 of 216
Unless there is a kid's soccer game, I should be able to attend and bring the following:

Headphones:
Focal Clear
Sennheiser HD6XX
Grado SR325e
Audeze Sine
Noble Massdrop X

DAC:
Schiit Gunjnir D/S
Chord Mojo

Amps:
Schiit Lyr 2
Massdrop/Cavalli Liquid Carbon X

Various other goodies:
Fiio X7 mk ii
Hiby R3

I should be able to confirm by the end of next week.

Aug 7, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #79 of 216
Well.. things seem to be heating up here (how appropriate for AZ..lol) and looking forward to seeing everything and everybody at the meet..

Was thinking of bringing the following from my meager but growing collection

Sennheiser HD598
Hifiman HE 400i
PSB M4U2 (gotta remember to charge these darn things..lol)

Also my little IBasso DX50 DAP and assorted microSD memory cards with all my favs

And would like to bring an IFI nano IDSD USB Dac/Amp to perhaps pair with that Shanling M0 if possible ( I will have the connecting cable if need be)

Still looking for some more conversation about Bluetooth devices... both DAPs and Headphones.. I have a lot of use cases swirling in my head about how to get
songs anywhere I am, on any device I might have access to..

Not sure about what else to bring.. I do have a Logitech Touch device, pretty darn cool when connected to my NAS based song files, but of course that at least needs a PC or some other intelligent device to connect to (no laptop here, just some monsterous test box I had built at Frys a few years ago.. too heavy to lug around for sure)

Also have my little Schiit Magni/Modi setup if someone wants to see what a $200 dollar investment was capable of.. but it still needs a USB source for music files and player.. just a thought..

Hope everyone is bringing the best so we can have another successful meet and keep the momentum going here in AZ

Aug 7, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #80 of 216
Unless there is a kid's soccer game, I should be able to attend and bring the following:

Headphones:
Focal Clear
Sennheiser HD6XX
Grado SR325e
Audeze Sine
Noble Massdrop X

DAC:
Schiit Gunjnir D/S
Chord Mojo

Amps:
Schiit Lyr 2
Massdrop/Cavalli Liquid Carbon X

Various other goodies:
Fiio X7 mk ii
Hiby R3

I should be able to confirm by the end of next week.

Very interested in your "various other goodies".. really hope you can make it, would like to see what other DAPs are capable of these days..

Don J

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #81 of 216
Im happy to announce that sennheiser will be sending gear for the meet!

Seeing as we have a great selection already I asked for what most may not have or have heard. They will be (pending availability) sending the following:

HD820
HDV820
HD660

Very much looking forward to hearing the HD820s!

Aug 10, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #83 of 216
Does anyone have a good tube tester they want to bring to the meet to try or any good recommendations. I bought an Eico 625 to test my hoard and even calibrated, it is a total POS in my humble opinion. I am now realizing that I will have to go for a decent tester and I do want to be able to test for transconductance etc.

Aug 11, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #84 of 216
Finally after some confusion, I have gotten my tube tester working to give much more accurate readings. I will bring it to the meet if anyone want to see where their tubes are emission wise. All I need is a new/newish tube to calibrate for a general new tube emission. The tester can then test against the average for what would apply to a new tube. I will get my tester calibrated for most standard audio tubes, so I don't have to do this for most tubes.

Aug 11, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #85 of 216
No prob man. I’m bringing a ton of tubes and plenty that are NOS, NIB.
Try to get there early if you can as I’ll be there really early if you want to get a head start calibrating your machine.

Aug 11, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #86 of 216
No prob man. I’m bringing a ton of tubes and plenty that are NOS, NIB.
Try to get there early if you can as I’ll be there really early if you want to get a head start calibrating your machine.

You are welcome to test all the tubes you want. It is kinda fun and the tester is easy to use once you get the simple controls down. The guts of the tester have been brought up to spec and the unit calibrated. It should give a good idea where your tubes stand life wise. It is amazing how some NOS tubes that have been used to death still test near NOS. Some Chinese tubes seem real iffy on emissions. Military tubes test real tight on emissions from what I have seen.

Aug 11, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #87 of 216
I got a lot of tubes currently.
Right now, I’m looking at buying about 275 tubes for about $80-85
Almost all1960’s (about 25 1950’s and about 30 1970’s) 6n3p Reflektor and Foton. I love these tubes.
About half (maybe 60%) are NOS/NIB and the other 1/2 all slightly used. That’s a LOT of tubes. If I want to sell them, that’s a A LOT of testing. Not saying ur machine, but something I’d have to do.
Tubes have become as big of a hobby for me as HP’s and gear.

Aug 11, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #88 of 216
I got a lot of tubes currently.
Right now, I’m looking at buying about 275 tubes for about $80-85
Almost all1960’s (about 25 1950’s and about 30 1970’s) 6n3p Reflektor and Foton. I love these tubes.
About half (maybe 60%) are NOS/NIB and the other 1/2 all slightly used. That’s a LOT of tubes. If I want to sell them, that’s a A LOT of testing. Not saying ur machine, but something I’d have to do.
Tubes have become as big of a hobby for me as HP’s and gear.

You are welcome to test as many as you want. The old Russian military tubes are great. They last a long time. Russian tubes have an undeserved bad rap and sound better than some trendy Euro tubes. 275 tubes should last you much more than a lifetime. Though, I also have a large collection of Russian tubes. Tubes can test low and still sound fine. If they are sounding flat and dull with limited imaging then it might be time to try a new one or test the tubes. Modern power tubes do not last as nearly as long as old power tubes from my experience.

Aug 14, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #89 of 216
Looks like this meet is shaping up to be excellent. Still hoping for a few more members of the trade to be there that have shown interest.
We'll also have some pretty cool "free" raffles. Just show up, sign in and you're automatically entered. I believe a few members (guests) will be quite happy if they are lucky enough to be the "chosen one"
Looking forward to seeing everyone again very soon!

Aug 14, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #90 of 216
Finally after some confusion, I have gotten my tube tester working to give much more accurate readings. I will bring it to the meet if anyone want to see where their tubes are emission wise. All I need is a new/newish tube to calibrate for a general new tube emission. The tester can then test against the average for what would apply to a new tube. I will get my tester calibrated for most standard audio tubes, so I don't have to do this for most tubes.
For me this is great news. I'll have a bunch of tubes for sale so with your tester up and running, anyone who may want to snag a few sets or singles, can test them first and feel confident before buying. If that's cool with you of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back