UPDATE! CAPACITY RAISE! - SF meet Saturday Nov. 7th - We have a venue and date! It's really happening! CAPACITY RAISE!! WE CAN TAKE 20 MORE PEOPLE!
Aug 26, 2015 at 2:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 329

dusk

100+ Head-Fier

dt880smile.png
 ANNOUNCING SF MEET FALL 2015 
gs1000.gif

​
   100 Bush Street STE 1000, San Francisco CA, 94104
map link
 ​
DATE: Saturday Nov. 7th 
 ​
TIME: 10am - 4pm
 ​

IT'S OFFICIAL AND 100% CONFIRMED!

DON'T MISS THIS ULTRA-RARE CHANCE: 
UNIQUE AND AWESOME GEAR, UNIQUE FOLKS!

​
Update! Pictures!: http://www.head-fi.org/t/778957/update-capacity-raise-sf-meet-saturday-nov-7th-we-have-a-venue-and-date-its-really-happening-capacity-raise-we-can-take-20-more-people/225#post_12032322

Maximum Capacity: 60 people. This includes one main boardroom for 15-20 people, and another nearby room for 20 or so people.

About parking: this is in the financial district of downtown SF, so we will need to arrange our own parking. The best lot I was able to find is SP Plus Parking System on 191 Battery St., 1 1/2 blocks from the event @ $15 for the whole Saturday. More parking options can be found here. I would encourage many of us to work together to arrange a carpool; or you can also take Bart to the Embarcadero station 4 blocks away.

1. Make sure to use the event address for Massdrop on 
    100 Bush Street suite 1000,​
     not the one shown for Massdrop on Google Maps which is 1235 Howard St.
  2. Coming early: If you come super early, take note that nobody will be there before 9:30am
  3. Getting in: When you arrive you should be able to come right in. There is usually security at the door and you may just have to let them know you're coming to Massdrop on the 10th floor (they will be communicating this with security in advance). Use the set of elevators on the right to get up to the 10th floor.

Food: there has been talk of free pizza provided, but this will be re-confirmed later.

Setup: This is a 'local' Head-Fi meet so the atmosphere is casual, so technically you can show up anytime, however it would be helpful / appreciated if you make an effort to show up on time to set-up your gear (or even maybe 20 min. early).

I would now like to ask like each of you to post a reply here to confirm if you will be coming for sure, and to list the gear that you will be bringing (if you haven't already do so), and if you will be bringing anyone. This will allow us to get a head-count and make a 'working list' of the gear that will be present.

Also if any of you has an idea for an after-party or dinner feel free to arrange it here.

BIG THANK YOU TO @DecentLevi FOR DOING THE LIONS SHARE OF THE SETUP ON THIS ONE. BUY THIS MAN A BEER.

==

A COUPLE RULES & SUGGESTIONS

​
Both Alex 'Dusk' and myself would like to put out a couple things that should make things run a little more smoothly at this local meet-up. Feel free to comment with any feedback / suggestions.

1. Nametags: We think it may not be necessary to wear for an event of this scale. However, as many of us will be leaving our gear on the table while we're walking around, we think it would be very helpful if everybody who's planning to set up any equipment on a table (or even to lay down some headphones), if you will place a sort of paper by your equipment with your name on it. This way, in the event that somebody wants to try your gear when you're not around (which happens frequently at these meetings), at least they will know who to call out in order to ask first before trying or moving something. Either your first name or your Head-Fi username would be good, and it should be quite acceptable as a hand-written paper, printed card, etc. as long as it's legible. Furthermore, if you are willing to let people use your gear without asking, just say so on your paper.
  2. Don't wander: Please keep in mind that Massdrop, a highly valued and respected vendor of hi-fi audio equipment is opening up their offices for us hi-fi audio enthusiasts to use for this special event. Thus being said, we need to make sure not to wander out of designated areas, which include: the main boardroom, 3 small 'listening station' conference rooms, sofo lounge area, kitchen area, and (I'm assuming) restroom. Photos can be seen here.
  3. Regarding possible theft: Neither myself, Alex or Massdrop are responsible for any possible theft or damage to your equipment. We encourage anybody that may notice something suspicious to please say something - look out for each other's items - such as somebody pocketing gear that you know does not belong to them: challenge them to ask them where they bought it, or report them to a Massdrop staff member. 
       Generally speaking however, as this is a private event we should have only genuine Head-Fi members who come to look into equipment upgrades, research, etc. who would never dream of doing anything that would jeopardize their standing in the community.
  4. Next I think we all know about fighting / yelling and I think we all know better so we don't need to 'go there'. However on a related note:
  5. Please use a low voice while talking in all conference rooms so that people can do critical listening. The good thing is, that there are sofa and kitchen areas for louder talking.

Now on a more positive note, we would like to remind everybody that there will be 3 smaller conference rooms that can be set up as a 'listening station'. So if your rig is big & bad enough, feel free to come in a little early to claim your own private room where you can set up your gear :) 

=

THE LIST
45/60 - WE RAISED THE CAP!

@dusk
cans: Alpha Prime, ZMF Omni's, HD650 
amps: Liquid Carbon, crack + speedball with mods, little Schiit stack
dac: vega

@DecentLevi
Gustard X12 DAC via Wyrd, with Project Ember tube amp and custom tube, with HD 650 headphones

@Bill-P
Schiit Gungnir Multibit
Modded HD 800
DIY amp

@ichiboy
Audio Technica AD2000 (balanced), Denon D2000, KEF M500, Cayin C5, Fiio X3 2nd Gen, EMU 0404 USB, Little Dot MK1, and a Go-Vibe V6

@JustinBieber
HD800 & Valhalla 2

@Rainstar
HD800
Burson Conductor virtuoso ESS 9018

@wwyssh
TH900

@HideousPride

@vocalstrance + 1

@Packdemon
http://www.head-fi.org/t/778957/sf-meet-saturday-nov-7th-we-have-a-venue-and-date-its-really-happening/105#post_12009379

@trappedintime +1
Sony UDA-1
Oppo HA-1
creative E5
AKG K7XX
AKG K812

@norepeat

@recarcar

@morinu
Headphones:
MR. Speakers Alpha Dog
Philips SHP9500
Koss ksc75
Koss PortaPros 

DACs/amps:
Centrance DACPort Slim
Schiit Fulla
iBasso DX90

@Hypnotic Rhythm
 Final Audio Design Sonorous VI, Beyerdynamic DT990 600 ohms, and maybe my Philips Fidelio X1.

@rosenjazz 
Hifiman HE-500 with Focuspads and HE-400 with velour pads (can swap if desired)
Apogee Duet 2
Garage1217 Polaris solid-state amplifier

@ozzymo
RWAK240, Oppo PM-3s with an Norne Audio 2.5mm

@Paspasero

@AtomikPi

KGSSHV, Stax SR-009 plus a DAC

@manywelps
Headphones:
Takstar Pro80
Takstar Hi2050
Brainwave HM5 (clone)
Mad Dog 3.2
HE-400S (going to ZeosPantera for review atm)(Sold)
ESP-950 (out to Koss for repair atm Edit: it's coming back)(Edit: replacement was completely defective)
SR-009

Amps:
Asgard 2
NFB-15
Koss E/90
Stax SRM-1/MK2 Pro
Mjolnir KGSS (BHPSU)

Amp/DACs:
AudioGD NFB-15
Fiio E10
X-Fi HD USB

DACs:
Bifrost Uber
Sabre ESS9023 USB DAC
Stoner UD120

@greenkiwi
LCD-XC
LCD-2F
Om InEarPeace

LHLabs Geek Pulse X Infinity + LPS
LHLabs Geek Out 1000

Other stuff I could bring (if people think that they are interesting)

LittleDot MK VI
LHLabs Geek Pulse
Cardas EarSpeaker (IEM)
Emotiva DC-1

@gzone3lement
Chord Hugo DAC
Luxman P-1 headphone amp
Denon AH-D7000
Sennheiser HD800

@unknownguardian
Kumitate Lab KL-REF (hybrid CIEM) and TRIO (universal hybrid)
KM16 (diy 8 drivers from china)
Questyle QP1R
Wagnus Bialbero Epsilon S

@coolmingli
@bluesaint +1
@chuckwheat
@richthorn
@jcollins1991
@Fidelity King
@knerian

@jazzfan
UpTone Audio USB REGEN
iFi Audio Micro iUSB Power w/Gemini cable
iFi Audio Micro iDSD
Parasound Zamp v.3
HiFiMAN HE-6 (modded)
Squeezebox Touch 

@velvetx
Questyle QP1R
Sennheiser HD-650
Audeze LCD 2.2 (pre-fazor)
E-motiva Stealth DC-1 (possibly)

@Sable
Stax SRM-3/Lambda Nova
Fiio X5ii

@Foreverzer0
@drfindley
@Zashoomin
@TMoney
Yggy

@Marcner
LCD-X
Oppo PM-2
A&K 240
SPL Phonitor Mini

@stjj89

Sep 15, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #7 of 329
I'm in. Actually, I can help organizing lists and all, too. :)

Should I open a new thread about it to keep track and all that?

Hey bill-p, ya would love to get your help on this as you've put one together before. I kinda want to learn how to put one on. :)

Sep 15, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #8 of 329
Well, if you'd like to get it on, I'd say... first change thread title to something definite like "SF meet end of October" so that more people will sign up.

And then start taking names, but don't spill blood... yet! Wait 'til the day. Hahahaha! 
evil_smiley.gif

Okay, in all seriousness, I think we should get a list of attendees going, then a list of gears, and see if all of those will fit into @gepardcv 's place. If not, we should either invent a space-time expanding device, or find a bigger space.

You've got 45 days left. Let's do this!

Sep 15, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #9 of 329
  Well, if you'd like to get it on, I'd say... first change thread title to something definite like "SF meet end of October" so that more people will sign up.

And then start taking names, but don't spill blood... yet! Wait 'til the day. Hahahaha! 
evil_smiley.gif

Okay, in all seriousness, I think we should get a list of attendees going, then a list of gears, and see if all of those will fit into @gepardcv 's place. If not, we should either invent a space-time expanding device, or find a bigger space.

You've got 45 days left. Let's do this!

gep said he will have time to do it in Nov.. so let's get an interest check for around that date.  If he can, cool, if not, we will find alternate space.  :)  changed the title of this post to reflect that.

Sep 15, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #10 of 329
STRONG YES.

bottlehead crack + speedball and other mods
auralic vega DAC
senn hd650

I have a pair of mr speakers Alpha Primes, as well, but those don't get used much anymore.

I might have a Liquid carbon around this time, as well, in which case I'll bring the primes.

Sep 15, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #11 of 329
I'm probably just bringing electrostatic gear: KGST, KGSSHV, SR-207, SR-007A (the latest unofficial "2.9" revision). In the event that I finish building a Carbon, I'll have it there, too (considering I haven't even started yet, it's exceedingly unlikely).

Sep 15, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #12 of 329
  gep said he will have time to do it in Nov.. so let's get an interest check for around that date.  If he can, cool, if not, we will find alternate space.  :)  changed the title of this post to reflect that.

Awesome! :)

Let's see... I'll be bringing:

Sennheiser HD 600 super modded <- won't spoil this one early. Ya gotta hear it for yerself
LFF's Code-X <- because I'm a huge fan of this thing, I got one
Bill-P's AMP-2 <- yes, the 2nd version of my DIY amp. Balanced output only
Schiit Gungnir Multibit <- end-game DAC for me... until they come out with something that's even more resolving

Bill is joining the big league now. Hahaha. I think this will be where I stop and rest for a while until a manufacturer comes out with a headphone that fits me.

Sep 15, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #13 of 329
I have:
Headphones:
Takstar Pro80
Takstar Hi2050
Brainwave HM5 (clone)
Mad Dog 3.2
HE-400S (going to ZeosPantera for review atm)(Sold)
ESP-950 (out to Koss for repair atm Edit: it's coming back)(Edit: replacement was completely defective)
SR-009

Amps:
Asgard 2
NFB-15
Koss E/90
Stax SRM-1/MK2 Pro
Mjolnir KGSS (BHPSU)

Amp/DACs:
AudioGD NFB-15
Fiio E10
X-Fi HD USB

DACs:
Bifrost Uber
Sabre ESS9023 USB DAC
Stoner UD120

I'll also bring an AXP-1 so we can do some blind testing.  The multibit gungnir I want to hear.

Sep 20, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #15 of 329
Update on space: it's still under renovation and I haven't seen the inside. Consequently not sure how many people it fits. I will also need approval to host an event there, but anticipate no problems on that front. I will be away on vacation until the second week of October, at which point everything is supposed to be ready, and I'll post an availability update here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back