UPCOMING Little Dot DAC
Feb 10, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #361 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by David.M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is an exceptional buy for the price/performance ratio and I'm positive this dac is versatile enough to go toe to toe with the big dogs like Stello da100/PS Audio III with no sweat.
beyersmile.png

That is pretty incredible! The Stello DA100 for example has a frequency response of 20 Hz - 45 kHz, do you really think the DAC_I could hereby compete? I don't think so. I bet you have no idea about the frequency response of the LD DAC_I! By the way, LD has it until today avoided the really important basic data to reveal, what not really can be considered a sign of honesty. The results of a healthy construction would not have to be concealed.
cool.gif

Feb 10, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #362 of 411
As far as comparisons go, I have replaced my Keces 131 MKII w/ $90 upgraded IEC socket, with this LD DAC_1.

My first impression of the LD was that it was more musical than the Keces. I really liked my Keces for the details, transparency, and overall clean representation of the music. In a word, I would describe it as clean.

The LD immediately made me start tapping my toes. Now I know what they are talking about when they say "PRaT".

I know this isn't detailed, but I just don't have any more time at the moment. Perhaps I will be able to embelish at a later point.

At any rate, I found the LD DAC_1 to be an outstanding DAC, and a great value.

Enjoy the music,
Matt
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #364 of 411
Shizdan,

Mine took about 2 weeks. They test it out before shipping it out, then you get a tracking number. They are very good about that. I would email Dave to get more details if you need to, though.

I know they are going on vacation for Chinese New Year soon. They will have all orders shipped out before that begins, unless they notified you otherwise.

Hope that helps a little!

Remember, patience is a virtue, lol
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #365 of 411
I asked him if there was any news on the Dac_II on the 9th and got a response saying he would give me a tracking number when he knew. But if he is testing it and it took this long there might have been something wrong and I am in need of a defective unit! I also made it my goal to order on the 2nd so It would be able to be shipped out before he stopped taking orders on the 6th.

Feb 10, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #366 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizdan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered mine on Feb 2nd. When should I expect it?

David set my expectations for 10-14 days and then beat his target date easily. I ordered my Dac_II on Jan 25th. It shipped on the 27th and was delivered on Feb. 1. So, pretty much a week for mine.

I suspect that the New Year holiday has created a back-up that he's working through.

Feb 10, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #367 of 411
David and all the LD crew are very, very good people to work with. They are just busy filling a flood of orders before they go on holiday. I don't think you have anything to worry about. They are thorough and honest. They won't send you a bad unit. It is simply that they are swamped-because they have a great product at an even better price!

Be patient, it will definitely pay off. I know every day can seem like a week, but it will be in your grubby little mits
wink_face.gif
before you know it, lol!

Please let us know when you get it, and give us your impressions, OK?

Take care, and know that they have a very good and solid reputation.

Matt

Feb 10, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #368 of 411
ordered mine on the 2nd and received it on the 8th

mwauhwauhuh

maybe me having the same first name as him helped?
beerchug.gif

Feb 11, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #370 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizdan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should I email him again?

Of course, send him greetings from New York and a happy new year of the tiger. That would make him exceedingly happy in such a way that he supplies you immediately with crap.
beyersmile.png

Feb 11, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #372 of 411
Shouldn't it be quite some way above the udac?

How does it compare to the iBasso D10 and the Valab DAC btw? Kinda curious about that.

Feb 11, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #373 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by PenDragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How does it compare to the iBasso D10 and the Valab DAC btw? Kinda curious about that.

The LD a great deal better than the uDac, in my opinion. The uDac is phenomenal for its size and cost, but I find it to be somewhat congested and "digital sounding" when compared to full-size standalone DACs (like my other desktop DACs, the LD Dac_II and DacMagic).

Feb 12, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #374 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by PenDragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

+1 This looks like a really nice DAC. I'd like to hear any comparisons with the V-DAC.

Feb 12, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #375 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olias of Sunhillow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The LD a great deal better than the uDac, in my opinion. The uDac is phenomenal for its size and cost, but I find it to be somewhat congested and "digital sounding" when compared to full-size standalone DACs (like my other desktop DACs, the LD Dac_II and DacMagic).

Ah thanks, that was what I was guessing as well. That the uDAC certainly is good value and everything, but I had a difficult time seeing it compete with LD DAC_I considering it's almost 3 times the price, and LD themselves are known for reasonably priced products
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back